Elementalist General Discussion

Discussion in 'Elementalist' started by Sani, May 20, 2014.

1. Sani

general discussion and quick questions regarding elementalist/archmage/overmind go here. :fmage:

wiki page

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Athena 上等だ

+12 or bust

3. Dubin carried by fmage

Pig race mseals have less pierce than boar race tainted dimensional staff, and +12s proportionally increase damage about as much as refine lv5.

+14 Epic, Bright Ice litstrik, Final Destination

4. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I like this class.

5. Phenyl

That makes one of us, at least.

6. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

I know pretty much nothing about this class. What's a recommended build path? Light/Fire?

If someone could throw me a build through the planner that'd be great

7. Phenyl

It depends what you want. You use mid-tier skills and low-tier skills as trash cleaners after you use your cubes. The most helpful and efficient build is the Light/Dark one. It's good for soloing or party play. Water/Dark is good for support. I honestly don't remember my last build because I was up in PvP and out of PvE with my Ele for a very long time before DFO even shut down.

http://arad.ofli.es/plan/elementali...vAcKvHsKwCsKyCsKzHsOLEMOJEcOPCsOQAcOVAQgKCgE=

That's one I had saved in my text files, but I don't think it was my final build. It looks like it's fully functional, though. JFYI, Void is not that great for damage. Otherwise I totally would've maxed it.

8. Arc Seuss

IGN:
    Laterality
    Server:
    Cain
    I really enjoy light/dark, does great dmg. and lighting streak :ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

9. Arc Seuss

IGN:
    Laterality
    Server:
    Cain
    oh i would've maxed disenchant for the bonus int

10. Dubin carried by fmage

please to be using proper terminology in the temple of the elemental master
    • litstrik
    • lightnings trikers
    • one striak one shit

11. Arc Seuss

IGN:
    Laterality
    Server:
    Cain
    rofl.

12. Sani

light/dark is the path to go if you're planning on solo pve:
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/elementali...KCgHPqBvPrQXPrhTPsgrPtArDlwHQkAPDrQPQkgLQlQE=

these are the core skills you want to get for light/dark. i intentionally left a lot of SP because there's a number of things you could dump the rest into imo. i think it all comes down to preference and you'll find yours as you keep playing the class. as a side note, i don't think void is a waste to max. it's pretty shit early on but becomes noticeably good with EX passive + better gear. black hole with a giant void does retarded amounts of dps

a word of warning too - elementalists are really shit early on because they scale pretty damn hard with levels + gear. it'll be terrible until 40 but even then black hole isn't enough to make you feel like you're doing as much as other classes. it starts to really become enjoyable once you get your EX skills and chron set. pretty much it'll be painful at first but the class becomes very rewarding as you keep sticking with it.

13. Arc Seuss

IGN:
    Laterality
    Server:
    Cain
    im a fan of maxed ice walls

14. Sani

like i said, i believe it all to be preference so extra points could be put into ice wall if you wanted it.

15. Arc Seuss

IGN:
    Laterality
    Server:
    Cain
    yeah i know, just stating my opinion :p

16. Phenyl

I always saw Elementalist as a support damage class so I think that explains why the damage is so low. It's a mostly percent based class so it is at least abusable.

I like Void with the EX but I always preferred just throwing multiple Pluto's instead. I mean you get to pummel enemies by throwing cats at them. It's almost as beautiful as forcing a giant above-ground swirly upon your enemies.

17. Dubin carried by fmage

Haha! Level 1 Astral
    (just kidding, I know awakening actives already have universal status immunity and are set to get more defensive bonuses in the future)
    Honestly, I'm considering Buster + LS for my Hodor build. I'd be taking him into towers, Suju, and other places where I'd rather be spamming more cubes anyway. ' w'
    (That's misleading. The time to spam more cubes is always, everywhere.)
    Man, is there a more perfect opportunity to play the "skill" side of "skill vs gear" or what
    I'm slowly trekking through Alpha with a new elementalist, I'm blowing stuff up satisfyingly huge with just fire pillar *u* and I just got Sunburst *u* maxing Sunburst, leaving everything at pre-reqs until I can spam cubes.

Honestly, most of this is happening because I already capped an ele and ran tons of endgame. I can understand how newbies to the class would find it impenetrably difficult--I made it to Sunburst relying on Fire Pillar bursts and t1 + palm blast hitstun, never using Pluto or Florae for actual damage output, and I'm going to be rocking Sunburst damage until lv35. Who thinks to do that when they think "low level ele"?

18. Bratty

IGN:
    Soley
    Server:
    Cain
    can somebody explain why more people don't use light/fire major dark minor builds? why do most eles (this is what it seems like) tend to stay away from firebomb/halloween buster? they're two of my favorite skills in the entire game, and i'd like to know why other people don't feel the same way.

19. Dubin carried by fmage

bandwagon
    always the bandwagon

The justifiable answer is that it's hella hard to gear fire + light vs ice + light or pure light, and t1s suck at dps. The popular answer is that FIRE SUX OMG

20. Bratty

IGN:
    Soley
    Server:
    Cain
    omg but what about that video with that ele who had giant firebombs that basically one hit every one of the bosses in some tower dungeon? that was so cool like i want that

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)