Elemental Bomber Chronicle/2nd Awakening opinions?

Discussion in 'Elemental Bomber' started by NerdBayne, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Ark From Pain, Awakening.

Yea, dude. Nice Dark goth pieces that he swaps to and EBE only for Tog. Man, I only had to watch that video for about 5 mins before he swapped off of EBE, that doesn't show anything lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. The Winged Professor だが断る!

In his earlier videos he doesn't have the EBE set. It's probably because he doesn't have full Dark Goth, so EBE is optimal against Tog. Still, it does have a use in raid.

3. Ark From Pain, Awakening.

Yea, a ton of wacky shit has uses at Tog. That's because Tog is a dick and you can't really just flat out beat him down.

And just so you are aware, the ONLY reason he used EBE at Tog was to proc his necklace more with concentrated fury. That entire set-up is based around his necklace, not EBE. EBE is not "optimal" at Tog on its own, or in Raid at all.

4. NerdBayne

Ooo that's pretty neat.

5. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    Clearing the raid isn't about only one party and most of the time won't be dependent on what an EB would use. Since an EB with a chronicle gear won't be going to any of the harder dungeons in raid. You can clear Raid with Elemental Ball Expansion if you have good enough people surrounding you.

do you not know the reason why he used EBE against tog? The necklace he is using does additional 10k shadow dmg per hit. When tog absorbs an element orb he has -1600 resist to that element. So that additional 10k shadow per hit ends up doing a ridiculous amount which is the reason why he is using EBE so he can do as much "multi" hit as possible to proc the 10k shadow dmg effect to kill him fast.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. The Winged Professor だが断る!

I was aware of the resist gimmick. But its nice to know about the necklace too. I did notice that other raid runners carry EBE sets, full sets, probably specifically for Tog.

If you have a strong enough weapon/party, this guy runs Solid Leg.

I completed the EBE set yesterday. Right now I can clear Natram with +10 Requiem pretty easily. With my main weapon it's about on par to 6pc mage set I've been using. Right now I say it's a little janky because you don't have Elemental Cannon or the ability to combo into CF plus after using Mage Elemental Rain the one where you jump to the sky feels weird. Unfortunately right now I only have 8 pieces of LSA, but when I complete it, it'd be simple to do comparison runs especially with Anton normals in about week.

7. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    Of course with a strong enough party anything is possible. It could also be a set party that they always go with. We will never know because we don't talk to the person who uploads the videos. I've brought along an EB to volcano and leg on my ele also. It was a friend of ours. There are always going to be exceptions in every case.

It also depends on who the other ppl in your 20 man party is also. Everything is case by case. I've ran leg and volcano with just +khai gear on my fnen. That doesn't mean that every fnen with khai gear can go do volcano. I've also ran with a 9pc chron swordmaster in volcano. You see how there is a fbrawl in that video you linked also? Well most of the time fbrawl would not be doing leg and would be doing smoke instead.

Also Natram is such an easy dungeon, it shouldn't really be used to compare diff pieces of gear.

8. Apparently we're looking at this from the wrong angle, and it took a F. Gunner player to make the most sound argument than anyone in the EB forums why LSA is preferred over EBE in Anton Raid: What are raid captain's looking for when they choose to bring an EB?

1. Mobbing. It's obviously we have huge AoE skills and clear multiple monsters. LSA has a quicker and easier time doing it (chain lightning and bigger lightning wall) than EBE (needs dark mantle to gather them since C. Fury's splash damage pretty much only works when monsters are stacked on top of each other, and Elemental Cannon doesn't pierce).

2. Lightning Wall Hit stun. The hit stun on Lightning Wall is pretty good and having that skill utility more often is better than having straight up damage, so the obvious choice is LSA set.

We're not expected to do OP boss damage unless decked out in epics and legendaries and let's face it, other classes have better skills for single target damage burst than just our Elemental Rain.

And there we go, most convincing case. Now say, if I went to the GM forums and asked "Why is Ice Arrow set best for Anton compared to Ice Floral? They both do comparable damage." And if the response was, "Because the all the Koreans run it and Ice Floral Hell suck." No reasonable person would find that as an acceptable response and would poke for more details. Now if the response was "It's because the hit stun from Broken Arrow is super powerful. Everyone needs to be super geared to be able to "one shot" Anton Raid Bosses unlike bosses in OV and True Ancients. Therefore, having the boss in hit stun prevents them from doing their gimmicks which makes the Raid go faster." Then, I would be convinced because Grand Shatter doesn't provide the utility that Broken Arrow does.

Conclusion, it's based on the expected class role. Just like there'll be no data on Battle Crusaders and how WMs can be either damage or Iron Strike support, but being support is their most optimal role. EBs are pretty much there to quickly kill the fodder mobs and provide some hit stun.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)