Elemental Bomber Chronicle/2nd Awakening opinions?

Discussion in 'Elemental Bomber' started by NerdBayne, Dec 13, 2015.

1. NerdBayne

Introduction: I've been playing dfo since nexon launched it in 2009-2012. When they shut down service to NA not only did my heart break but I lost 3 years of investment and memories. That was when male mages were still fresh. Before the shutdown I got my hands on GM and EB. I love both classes but I do inherently favor the EB more.

Right now I'm maxing out my EB in preparation for 2nd awakening next month. Which chronicle set is recommended/preferred. I know there are a lot of build paths revolving around personal preference but generally what is the most preferred Chronicle set?

2. 9pc Lightning Storm Abyss (OV3) and 9pc Elemental Ball Expansion (OV2) are the most preferred Chronicle set (once the rework hits in January), along with having a 6 piece Mage's Ultimate Elements (OV3) set for buff swapping.

3. NerdBayne

Thanks! Really appreciate the help. There aren't a lot of posts about EB regarding chronicles/TP set up so it has been bugging me for awhile. Since Anton raids will probably hit Global pretty soon after Anton normal dungeons.

4. Kaylent

Most everything is discussed in the elebomber general thread, though I suppose it would be useful if we made a thread with a general compilation of important things to know.

5. NerdBayne

That would be nice

6. shinsakuto

IGN:
    GanOsama
    Guild:
    DarcLore
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm going for 9pc lightening abyss, but does that mean I should stack light dmg?

7. NerdBayne

That depends if you're gonna favor light damage over the other elements. But imo the LSA set is kinda lackluster in comparison to Elemental Halt set mostly because it adds +2 flame pillars onto your bread and butter skill flame road. But it's all personal preference, if you like using lightning chain and lightning wall then hell yeah

8. unplayed

just go for LSA ;)
    if i remember right after 2nd awakening flame road only hits the same enemy a certain number of times.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Lightning abyss is what all the anton raiders use.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. NerdBayne

LSA seems kinda boring though, regardless of it being anton. but i guess ill just have it on the side.

11. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    I said this before, LSA and EBE sets kind of have their own merits. LSA is really good for long range nuking and fairly consistant dps on single targets. Lightning Wall has an infinite x axis range, and with LSA it's Y axis is extremely wide as well. Chain Lightning is a massively damaging skill to either small mobs or to single targets, deals huge hitstun, and can be used independantly of your own actions further increasing it's massive utility, it can also target enemies from a rather extreme distance. Both skills have a drastically reduced cooldown, and with specialized enchants and gearing, will do absolutely ridiculous amounts of damage. It's weak point is that it only boosts two skills. While those two skills become a lot stronger, your other skills remain the same. That being said, Chain Lightning's cooldown is reduced down to a mere 8 seconds, which puts it in line with most of your other skills and can be used regularly. Lightning Wall's cooldown is taken down to 18 seconds, so even though only these two skills are altered, they are made to be fairly spammable in return.

EBE is more or less the kind of set for group nuking and huge burst damage to single targets. Having the increased size on Darkness Mantle lets you pull more monsters in from a greater distance, and Elemental Rain has the highest raw damage output of any of your skills. Concentrated Fury becomes an extremely powerful low cooldown skill allowing you to maintain an exceptionally powerful filler skill at basically any time you want, and Elemental Cannon will supplement your damage through it's own damage and it's passive utility. It's weak point is that it's really boosting the damage of a fairly long cooldown skill, and I don't think Concentrated Fury is as damaging as something like Chain Lightning if we're talking about per use. Though it's cooldown is drastically reduced, Elemental Rain still can't be used as often as something like Lightning Wall. If you can't kill your target with a single burst of damage, you'll be relying on Concentrated Fury and other filler skills a lot until Elemental Rain comes back off cooldown for you to make another burst of damage, if your enemy is somehow still alive after that.

tl;dr, both sets are good, both have their own merits, their own weak points, and you should pick whichever one suits your tastes more, or get both! I have a completed LSA set, I love it to pieces and I really don't see myself wanting to replace it anytime soon, but I'm still working towards getting my EBE set so I can have the versatility I want.

12. Oh yeah, I did a test with 6pc LSA and 6pc EBE [for our current version, so pre-rework] to test Chain Lightning vs Concentrated Fury (both maxed out at tactician contract levels and have their max TP skills). With my +10 unique staff, chain lightning averages 977k damage per one cast, whereas concentrated fury averages 495k per one cast. However, in the span of one minute, chain lightning dealt an average of 6,845,000 whereas concentrated fury averaged 9,000,000. Chain Lightning's cooldown is 8 seconds and C. Fury is 3 seconds, you can fit 2 c. fury casts in 1 chain lightning cooldown. I managed only 7 Chain Lightning casts in 1 minute vs 18 C.Fury casts (since you can't chain c.fury off of other skills yet). However, Chain Lightning is easier to cast on moving targets than C. Fury because some of the balls may not hit if the target is weaving the y-axis.

So to me, the perks of EBE is that I can go any element and take advantage of any elemental weakness, whereas LSA is limited to OP light damage and chain lightning + lightning wall come out fast enough to cheese gimmicks.

I'll do another test after Jan. 19 rework (chain lightning gains a special effect to boost its damage), maybe I'll have 9 pc LSA soon after the patch (I'm at 7/9 for that, but my free chron boxes are going to complete my 4/6 MUE buff set).

13. The Winged Professor だが断る!

You don't want to invest into Elemental Halt for Infernal Road since it'll get hard capped to 12 hits per target. Flame Circle does get massively buffed, but not enough to carry the rest of that set.

14. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Why would anyone be standing still spamming only concentrated fury or only chain lightning?

15. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    It'd be a more realistic measure to start a timer and just let loose on a target and attack it with everything you've got for a solid minute. Tally up how many times you're able to use each skill in that minute, how much damage you deal in total across all of your skills, and of the skills of interest for both sets, and compare the results between the two sets directly. I think it'd only be fair if someone with both of the full sets did this test.

16. The Winged Professor だが断る!

In terms of DPS, skills with low CD are important because that determines how consistent your DPS is. Comparing CD to damage to optimize a build is not a bad idea. It's why Elemental Strike and Concentrated Force are bad because their damage to CD is fairly awful.

17. NerdBayne

I see I did some research and asked around the server about it. LSA is strongest right now but after AIO patch elemental ball expansion will be the go to. I was just looking at the numbers without any research. But yeah LSA right now definitely BiS atm but I'm gonna work on EBE for post AIO

18. Following Reaper Rai's suggestion of going all out, instead of just using infernal road, crystal storm, dark zone in between chain lightning or concentrated fury cooldowns (this is more @Tate, because I wasn't only casting C. Lightning or C. Fury), here's a video:

I had to take off my sub equip and magic stone because it would've given LSA a 3pc EBE bonus too XD. Music cuts out when I'm starting my timer. Seems like Elemental Burst's long animation screws me over around 2-3 more C. Fury casts, but fits well with Chain Lightning's cooldown. Having 9pc bonus of both would be nice, especially in comparing Lightning Wall vs Elemental Rain (but 9pc bonus of LSA doesn't increase the damage of Chain Lightning anymore against a single target, whereas 9pc EBE gives C. Fury 2 more balls and less spacing between balls. So I don't think it would be fair then to compare Chain Lightning and C. Fury until post rework where Chain Lightning gets more damage from previous spells cast).

http://imgur.com/txjmHyt for damage analysis screens (LSA on the left. EBE on the right.)

19. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Literally no EB in actually hard content uses EBE over LSA in kdnf. I don't know where you're getting this information.

20. The Winged Professor だが断る!

Rather than start an argument it's probably better to take the discussion approach. So answer - why is LSA a highly regarded chron set for Warlock? I guess I could go into further detail such as - Why was it preferred over Mage Ultimate 9pc?

I know the answer to both of these. But I'm wondering how well you understand the chron set properties.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)