DOXOlove's Gallery

Discussion in 'Artists Corner' started by DOXOlove, Mar 22, 2015.

1. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    INFO:
    DA:
    http://doxophilia.deviantart.com
    Tumblr: http://doxolove.tumblr.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/glossolove
    (18+ NSFW galleries will be linked upon private request.)

Commission status:
    Semi-Open
    - I will accept [Demon Challenges] and as pay for commission. How many depends on their current value.
    I go by 1:1 Cera pricing with a 32k DC price. (Quickdraws: 300DCs, Full profile 400DCs, A full color illust: 2,900DC+, etc.)
    Small discounts for DFO related stuff ♥
    -I will also accept pieces of [Gunner(M) Rare Clone Avatars] as means for a commission. I am currently in need of all pieces. Prices vary depending on which clone it is.

Request status: sometimes

GALLERY:
    http://blueskywolf.com/2015/DFO/
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Requests GALLERY:
    http://blueskywolf.com/2015/DFO/reqs/

Asura Wave Sanskrit Template:
    [​IMG]

MY CHARACTERS:

[​IMG]
    [Hi-Res Reference Sheet]
    Text!
    Arad sings praise of a mysterious, wandering ‘Gray Sparrow’ that happens upon local towns and villages. They are surprisingly quite cheerful despite their own somber condition; the melodies of their mandolin and soft voice travel gaily upon breath of wind in calm afternoons and evenings. It is of normal occurrence for inspired or grateful strangers to lead this shaggy dog to the bar for a drink or a cafe for a warm meal. All offers are taken with immense gratitude.

While Cailem is not poor of wealth or stature, he believes in the kindness and generosity of the human heart. Those who do not look at him as ‘diseased’ or a cripple are far from one another—- and it is in the warm feelings of those who offer a hand without discrimination is where he lives his life the most.

To get to know this Gray Sparrow, one will note that they are actually, very shy. They are modest and conservative, to have a unseeingly neutral temper even within the face of brash adversity. If anything, their true nature is one that’s only seen as they play their mandolin; a charming and witty individual of intelligent verse and prose without a care in the world… As if they are not blind or cursed.

Cailem would love to say they wander for the sake of wandering, but he does so on happenstance he will ‘fall into’ the cure for Kazan’s plague or a new cure for his blindness.

To travel without fortification would be a fool’s errand, especially in his condition. To put it simply, Kazan’s cursed are all given a boon with their own unique curse. Those who lose their sight gain a second ‘vision’, one that sees the world as colored energies (‘Waves’) swelling inside each and every living thing… They are known as the Asura.

As an Asura, Cailem will call upon the elemental energies of Arad to aid him in battle, wielding this power through the blade of a magic-attuned sword. He has no desire to strike down anyone— but if it is a necessity for him to keep moving, he will do what he must to survive.

—-

technical notes:

-Cailem has Weaponmaster’s grade shackles and locks. While they do not nullify the demon’s power completely like they do Weaponmaster’s, it helps ease the influence away from his mind.

- Mandolin is an F-style Mandolin. While it would make more sense for him to have a larger bellied acoustic one, I just love the look of F-style too much. And on that note, Cailem will use the wind and elements to boost his acoustic and voice instead of an amp. ;^)

-He is ambidextrous.

-His singing voice is spot on with Lo-Fang’s ; [Like this!] Very soft-spoken with a tinge of rasp.

-Tends to hide his demonic arm in the open breast of his yukata to avoid unwanted attention. Lets his shaggy hair completely cover his eyes and blindfolds for the same reason.

[​IMG]
    [Hi-Res Reference Sheet]
    -Text!
    Yet another of Arad’s cursed and unfortunate happenstance, this man has gradually devolved from man, to beast, right back to an amalgamation of both. The demonic curse is strong, not shackled properly due to the rude and sudden eviction they were given when they were younger. It drove him mad, bordering on demonic and primal urges they stormed the countryside as a ravenous monster, honing their combat skills with no other desire than to kill and destroy. The blood stains deep into their once untainted hands.

As strong and wild as they are— they are not unstoppable. A wrong encounter with lycantheropes in a chilly mountain pass leaves them marred and wounded beyond self care. Defeat is a burden so heavy for one who ultimately, just wants to find their place in the world. The urges to kill, the reckless abandon— deep inside they are ashamed and scared. It is in this state of mind they wander right into the heart of Thundermine, a bloody mess both inside and out. He comes face to face with the Bantu Chieftain himself in this hour, one of the strongest warriors they have seen until now.

The Chieftain takes pity on the ‘Stray Wolf’ and offers them care and a place to stay as long as they can prove their worth to his clan. If he can do that, then he will have a place to call ‘home’ once more. They gladly accept.

Henceforth, emerges one the Bantu call ‘Lothus’. Lothus himself is quite massive, similar to pure Bantu Warriors and is sometimes considered to actually have Bantu blood inside of him. They are marred head to toe, a gruesome face injury leaves them self conscious around normal villagers, adopting a face mask to hide ‘scary face’ from women and children. Lothus’ knowledge of speech has been warped since his bout as a feral human, his own speech comprehension that of a small child of three or four. While he understands almost all words, they do not come out as easy. He is short-tempered and very aggressive in the face of adversity but is learning to how to calm and sate the urges without having to rip open a throat. His uncontrollable anger isn’t without its own repercussions to his psyche and Lothus seems VERY self aware, embarrassed, and in pain whenever it happens.

Despite all struggles, Lothus is extremely loyal to his adopted clan. He will put his life on the line to defend any and all of his clan members, even if they have never shown him sympathy or acceptance. His undying loyalty is what wins over the hearts and trust of many clansmen later within his stay— even the hearts of their children.

As ‘scary’ and gruesome as the red-eyed man’s appearance is, Bantu children are used to that kind of thing. If his speech problem is any indicator, none would have ever expected him to have the actual heart of a small child as well. Lothus adores the children of the clan as they all adore him as well, spending any hours of the day he is not working or fighting running with a hoard of kids on his back and trouncing around in the snow. He is very curious much like them, not being used to the presence of other human beings in his life. While he can not make himself smile or be pleasant in general, there is a innocence behind pained red eyes that only Bantu children can see.

———————
    technical notes:

-Lothus is of the ‘Beserker’ Ghost knight’s class.

-He’s about 7’4” tall.

-Proficient in heavy wielding Zanbato and bludgeonry (or just his bare hands). Through demonic conversion, Lothus can transfuse his own blood into his weapons, making them twice as volatile.

-Lothus suffers from ‘deep demon sickness’, the demonic presence in his body is intensely strong and will sway him easily. Upon being adopted into a clan, he is now trying to suppress urges he used to give into willingly and it is causing him a tremendous amount of pain. It causes him to have violent mood swings or bursts of aggression which are very difficult to calm or soothe— However, with the help of understanding people (and small children), it is becoming easier to stop the action before it gets out of hand.

-The lycan mantle Lothus wears is made of the beast who marred his face. Upon revenge and a stronger grasp of reality, he defeats his downfall and wears their coat as a sense of pride— and also as a reminder to him that he is not immortal and there are those he still has to repay a debt to.

-The long earring he wears in his right lobe is a gift from a young Bantu girl called Milu, given to him as a ‘good luck charm’ before a trying battle for their clan. In return, Lothus gives Milu the earring he had in his ear before that one. Both Lothus and Milu wear their gifted earrings to this day.
    (If you would like to interract with any of my characters, please send me a note! We can work something out `q`/ )

I will also be drawing a comic following Lothus' life and will start posting it really soon!

[​IMG]

please look forward to it!! :v

I will post more when I can compile it but will be pretty busy with comic prep-- so glad to be making dfo arts again!!

• Artistic Artistic x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  2. denwa

Now, this, is art.

Neat stuff man.

3. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    [​IMG]

Your text is almost impossible to read on the dark theme.

Anywho, welcome to the Nexus.

4. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    oh dear! it was the default gray, I will change it to black!
    EDIT: OKAY THERE. Not sure how that fucked up, but thanks for catching that!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  5. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    I hope you eventually open commissions. I like these a lot. I'd love to buy one.

6. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I most def will! Especially when the game gets out of beta and I need extra means for breaking shortswords over and over again for my Asura. 8D

I may open them sooner though if I can catch up on some personal and contract work!

7. Raven Black Dingle

Naice man. 10/10

8. CreeCree outdated dfo knowledge

DOXO, i remember your art way back from in the nexon era!

hope you'll draw lots of soul benders ~

9. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

i fucking love your art style

10. Alduina Still Art Dick

yes i like this

11. Powder Rune Lullaby of Birdland

IGN:
    Gumdrop
    Guild:
    #BLESSED
    Server:
    Cain
    These are amazing ;o; The details on those character sheets hnnnng This thread is going to be overflowing with manliness I can feel it already
    Can't wait to see more c:

12. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    waah! Someone remembers my old shitty art <3 I've been through hell and back since then so hopefully I've done a level-up! I've actually drawn two soul-benders so far (one of which I forgot to post!) and do want to do some focus pieces on Arad ghosts/SBs like Kalla or Kazan who get no love in the near future :V Demon Kazan is a bitch and a half to try and look cool though, let me tell you HAHA.. If anyone has scans of official Arad Ghost concept art (esp Kazan and Kalla) please let me know!

Aah, thank you everyone! I am glad for the positive response so far! Especially when I start doing more comic concept work for later chapters of STRAY WOLF, I will diversify my art quota a bit more. But also 'sorry not sorry' because I love my Ghost Knights to the grave :v :v :v

speaking of, here's a piece I did a whiles back for Jinglestan's birthday! Its of their Soul Bender Lupis!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Poison Guest

nice art style

14. CreeCree outdated dfo knowledge

i really hope you do one of kalla! my favorite ghost w/ keiga being a close contender
    the closest i got to any sort of concept art though is a scan of the page from the dfo fan art book of the 7 ghosts
    [​IMG]
    for some reason bremen's reddish though

15. LeonSilvis The Original Leon Silvis who is Pure&Innocent

oh i've seen ur pixiv art.

and some of de gud ones 8^ )

now needs more itrenog aww ye

16. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    aaah, omg thank you so much, that's perfect!! I knew Kazan had a human head under that doofy helmet hahahah
    the colors must be early concept work in regards to Bremen and Kazan, quite regularly they change from concept art :>
    I hate to ask another request, but do any of the books have Kunic, Toros, and overall general Bantu character references? If you could PM me any I'd be so grateful!

this is all EXTREMELY helpful. If you have a request of any characters of yours or something you would like me to do a drawing of, let me know as a show of my thanks!!
    (wish I knew how to rate posts I must be dumb lmfao..)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  17. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm allowed to doublepost in my gallery, right? :v if not delete lmao
    gunna be DFO madness for the next few days!! So trying to get all my draw energy out today and tomorrow!
    -A quick render of Kazan;
    [​IMG]
    this idiot is way too hard to draw with the assumption that 'they will look cool'. Improvised a bit, I love the idea of the tainted arms also flaming/wisping around :V
    -Sketcharoos:
    (now with the proper reference thanks to CreeCree!) A quick rough of a Kunic Grand Alchemist/Shaman in my comic, Mu!
    [​IMG]

Wonderful CreeCree gave me so many important art references I was having a hard time finding so gunna' draw them a thing! They requested I do Sayoung and I am all for that life :')
    [​IMG]

hope to finish these soon!

18. CreeCree outdated dfo knowledge

sayoungg <3
    things looking beautiful so far!

19. jinglestan Coffee Connoisseur

IGN:
    Zips
    Guild:
    80Percent
    Server:
    Cain
    u kno im hype as hell

20. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    MORE COMIC HYPE....
    [​IMG]
    feat. babby 'zerker and his parents freaking out
    DFO madness has been controlling me lately, trying to level three of my Slayers at once-- I'm, gunna have to cut back to two/one soon lmfao
    still chugging away at this comic!! It's a ton of damn work and I was not expecting that. Mad props to people who do this regularly!! Prologue is about 20 pages long and will be in full color :V I'm hoping it will turn out okay! Hopefully I'll finish up some half-done stuff relatively soon too!
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)