Does TX-80 Dimension Runner seem... off?

Discussion in 'Mechanic' started by Mr. Sly, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Mr. Sly Guest

I adore the references to terminator from this skill, and love how it looks overall.. But there's a lot of traits about it that make me question it.

1. It's glitchy, flashes red at the start sometimes or just instantly explodes even when not using detonation on it. Not important but it also doesn't make many sounds for me.. doesn't really stomp, it doesn't actually make a sound for when it shoots(that's excluding the sound the mobs make when they're hit by it), the explosion even doesn't make a sound really... It does make a slight dimensional sound upon suicide but not any form of explosion. Seems like it's just missing a lot of sound effects, like when it's gun arm falls off, the charge. Even Tempester makes noises when it's ready to kamikazee. Again.. not as important...
    2. By the time it's finally summoned after the electrical field, everything's already dead from either the electrical field or your other skills already blowing up. Seems so slow.
    3. Naturally the explosion of it kamikaze'ing deals more damage than the bot itself.
    4. It doesn't have hp or even it's own aggro, so I wouldn't call it a true summon or mech. It seems to act more like corona in a sense. If you hit reflecting mobs with it like the 3rd room of Void Rift or the knight in the 2nd room of King's Relic, you'll take the damage rather than the mech would. I'm not sure how I feel about that, it's cool it won't die and has it's own invincibility to hit mobs on, but that also means you have to be more responsible with it(as if we were using our g series). Idk about anyone else, but I love overloading bosses with bots and not having to worry about my hp.... even on reflecting bosses.

So, I guess the real question here is, what's the practicality of this "mech"? When do you use it or why? Or is there anywhere it truly shines? Just seems like another bot to add to the collection of dps(though it's not really it's own summon). Otherwise, mech drop, vipers, our newly gained ability to poop out bots at an amazing rate, and so on seem to cover every base for burst or dps.

2. Ultamatum

IGN:
    Ultamatum
    Server:
    Cain
    Yea I feel the same way about this mech as well. Whenever I summon it, I feel like it did almost no damage or maybe I just don't see it. In the end I think I just treat it as a giant land runner and just use detonation after it finishes the electrical field. Although usually everything is dead by that time lol.

3. Gaerek

Well, late replies, but.... >_>l| I just throw it out all the time when I'm using a G-Series build, because I need that extra damage, just like how I throw out extra Tempesters and have the old one fly at things -- because I need the extra damage :x I keep Sparrow on reserve for bosses though.

The "glitchy, flashes red at start, detonates prematurely without warning" thing is a bit of an issue when actually using it for dps -- you need to use Massive Countdown near the end of its run, then finally detonate it, to get the maximum damage out of it. It's most useful in a room where there are lots of enemies because its shooting is some pretty ridiculously nice AoE, on top of its start-up electricity field. That it is affected by detonate is nice because you can have it die instantly if there's going to be any foreseeable instances of reflect damage (though having said reflect damage is a bit troublesome in some cases).

If someone wants to check, does it do Proc effects? I think all of the other robots aside from G series don't proc -- so if it does, that's another thing it could do for you - if not, then it's just extra dps if you run out of things to throw out at the moment.

The only other thing it could be useful for, if you're using a typical build for M mech, is maybe airborne enemies? But then again, there's Sparrow Factory and Tempester for that.... and Vipers if they're in the right place, so idk :x In any case, if your other skills basically kill everything for you, you wouldn't really be using any skills but those skills unless they served some special purpose, or if it manages to replace some of those skills because it is that much better. I don't think this really does either of those though (unless you're using G series, then it's helpful DPS)

4. Omsk

It's mediocre. More shit to throw when you dump your kit. If you're using a tacticians then I'd take it over Sparrow personally. Once it gets buffed with grouping it might be better.

5. Mr. Sly Guest

buffed with grouping?... how so?

6. Omsk

It changes in the future so that the initial attack, the big blue sphere, does fire damage and suctions enemies.

7. Mr. Sly Guest

Mm...that's nice and all but does it actually become it's own summon? Or perhaps the start up/delays lessen? Otherwise... it's best used when you're bombarding bosses to death(and even then like @Ultamatum said, everything's usually dead by then).

8. Omsk

It already is it's own summon, the only part of the damage that comes from you is the initial sphere. Otherwise it's all autonomous. So as long as you're smart with it damage reflect is a non-issue, especially considering we have a million other options for damage reflect mobs. But either way 90% of it's damage comes from it's detonation so the best thing you can do with it is throw it at something after you've used gaebolg and massive countdown to buff your robots and fling it at whatever you're bursting down. Like I said it's mostly mediocre but it's a fun skill. Use it for style points or use it as a ghetto ez-10, but it'll never hit as hard as our big three (Vipers/Landrunners and Mech drop)

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Sly Guest

Yeah but the dimension runner's shooting attack and explosion count toward us too. At least in my experience of using it vs the knight in King's relic and the 2nd boss in void rift.... Unless they fixed it since last time I've experimented with it... In any case, it still remains the only thing in my mech's arsenal that I can't just "throw out" and let devastate everything. It's the one mech I actually have to be careful about using lol.

10. Omsk

I'm like 90% sure there's no damage reflect on anything but his electric attack but okay.

11. Mr. Sly Guest

You can test it again but I remember that when he attacked normally, I absorbed the damage instead of him :/... again.. unless they fixed it. Or maybe now it's just the electrical field and the explosion....dunno. Just remember all of it hurt lol.

12. Ultamatum

IGN:
    Ultamatum
    Server:
    Cain
    I remember that it reflects damage also. I've done it on 2nd room void rift as well could retest to see if they changed it.

13. Gaerek

I think the only place it truly has any practicality is in ToDes on Soldoros... and that's only if you're actually trying to kill him =_=l|

For King's Relic -- there's almost no reason to be using automatic attack robots on Guardian Aegis, especially not TX-80 - you need the right timing, which can only be provided with detonate or G-3 Raptor (it auto switches off, but screws up on occasion and deals a hit or two at times - luckily or not so luckily it's weak). Guardian Cinder, however, is an issue because TX-80's gunshots count toward the marker.

Since the gunshots counted toward Cinder's marker, I'm going to assume it does reflect damage too. I'm going to go check for proc effects.
    [UPDATE: TX-80 does trigger proc effects with its gunfire, but.... you're probably not using proc effects as a M Mech anyhow so it doesn't really matter much, probably?]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  14. ShadePopping GIVE ME SOULBURN SHOES

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    Easiest mob to test on is room 3 void rift

TX-80 gets reflected, sparrow factory's factory gets reflected, hell march gets reflected, gaebolg gets reflected

15. Gaerek

Sparrow Factory -- explosion of the summoning device portion only. You'll see it in Room 2 of Void Rift on the blocks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)