Does the weapon on a Dark Knight determine the combo chains?

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by ZeroNoHikari, Sep 7, 2015.

1. I decided to give this little hybrid of a Skater a shot and looking at all his skills I'm a bit miffed at how to go about It. Does the weapon I use determine what skills to put SP and TP into or should I just go with which I am enjoying to use? Also why does the game default to Heavy Armor on this guy?

2. Everspace I will murder your family

Guild:
    Haberdashery
    Yes. Depending on the weapon, you'll want to go physical or magical to make the best use of it. I would probably pick the skills you like first and decide if you want to go physical or magical from there, selecting the weapon to fit.

Heavy Armour is the tankiest thing that you can wear while aiming towards a physical build (Heavy Armour Mastery gives STR). I suspect physical builds are intended to be the default and natural path for Dark Knights.

3. So what's the benefit of light armor over Heavy? I was thinking of either the katana or LS since those two are my favorite of the Slayer weapons.

4. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Light gives retarded amounts of STR on armor, and in mastery.

However if you are into katana/LS, id reccomend a hybrid, aka you can actually do whatever you want. I used a katana from 1-70 and only switched to full physical recently, and tbh I do alot worse now just cause all of your damage is front loaded into ISD. I think physical is the strongest late game, but hybrid is way better for leveling especially if you havnt invested into AS avatars, Zans are soooo slow.

5. Thanks. I'm still new at him but hopefully I get the hang of it. Another thing what's the talk of him awakening and what would that entail?

6. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Dark knight will most likely never awaken. He is a "Timegate" class, he has no advancement and no awakening. And prolly never will, its sorta his and creators gimmick

7. Would LS work for a hybrid build or are they too Physical to even try. I was think of using those since I got a legacy LS but I fear without Int my magic damage will tank

8. AbaoWeikago ➖,➖

Server:
    Cain
    it depends on your build and chains. you can go hybrid with stage 6 isd and another with kalla. If you are new to the class you should check out "The true dark knight guide" its is very informative.

9. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    totally, you lose at most 100 int, which in the long run is nothing. And thats assuming like epic stats, for legacies its less more like 50ish, LS generally is just kinda meh, it actually has alot worse stats then katana on paper, its a tiny bit faster, but I think since its what you have, it will totally work. when you get a better weapon you can just remap shit.

10. Thanks. Considering my A string is all my dashes with the soul bend whip slash ending in ISD with my S string being almost all my Soul bender esque skills ending in phantasmal slayer. I was thinking I should get a legacy katana but then saw a lvl 70 Legacy LS for 500k and bought it on impulse

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)