Cain Does everyone just play Solo Fighter Online? Do people actually even party pre-fanatics?

Discussion in 'Party' started by lalala9090, Sep 27, 2015.

1. ElderGOD

You get free hell runs for quick party among other bonuses already.

2. Ikuzo Jordan Reigns In Blood

quick party though. that takes no significant time to wait 20-30sec to see if others are parting. Unless I have terrible timing and am literally missing people by seconds, nobody uses it. This isn't new, obviously, and like you said, the easier it gets, the less of a need for it, and the worse it gets for people who do want to party (but at least our solo time is sped up with all these pots and buffs n stuff...)

The way I see it, it's not just ease but to be less boring. I like seeing more going on on-screen and destroying enemies with assists/assisting in damage.

also annoying how people abandon each other fast. I remember adding people who weren't even in my guild to friends because they wanted to play together and actualyl chatted too.

Best guild ever was my first - an all mage guild. Nearly everyone was partying or pvp'ing all the time. Idk if this or the old DFO forum existed at the time but they literally helped me gear/skill build back when I knew nothing about the game or RPGs, in general.

R.I.P. shitty ass nexon DFO. Killed the game with their little effort but in turn, brought players closer together...until the slow decay.

3. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Yea man you see I actually do like partying and meeting new people don't get me wrong. That's the one thing I love about other verse but at the same time I've solo'ed 95% of the time for 6 85's with a 7th on the way. The only people who can't solo to Cap are considered bad players now, it get's to a point where people know exactly what to do and don't want to depend on parties to get Shiz done. Of course there are people who enjoy partying just cuz they simply enjoy it but DFO tends to Cater to the people who just want to solo sadly.

4. Mr. Sly Guest

Yeah, ya gotta love the normal way people finish a dungeon now. They prepare "ty4pty" and then leave instantly without a trace. Once in a while you get a gem who likes to chat or discuss the run, or even say bye... but it feels like dfo's down to business at that point. Like ty for the group, I have urgent business to tend to.

When I tried quick partying today, someone said "we coulda gone in the dungeon 5 mins ago" even though it was really only like 2-3... But things like this remind me how impatient the community becomes from their demands to run. She went in solo instead because she couldn't wait a minute or two, clearly those 2 minutes = a life time wasted lol.

5. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Exactly and that's another thing I don't like, people don't know how to wait for a damn thing anymore lol. It doesn't just apply to parties but everything in DFO really. Everybody wants to be the best but nobody wants to put in the work to be the best kinda sad really.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  6. Mr. Sly Guest

Or even put in the patience for it. That's kinda why I liked watching @Yoowy's stream lately(not to get off topic). He's the only person I've seen who duo's with someone and they both kinda just chill during and after the run. There's no rush, they stop a sec mid dungeon to joke/talk , repair and stuff when they finish. They ask if they're ready to proceed, if they have mats, the next quest, so on and so fourth. When you join a random in dfo, they're ready to book it without a word;s notice and by the time you go "NO WAIT", you've already heard that lil "ka chink" sound from clicking on the dungeon. Just makes ya mad and feel like you're wasting FP in some cases. Some people could stand to slow dow for just a moment's pace, just for the sake of fun/others, rather than rushing through all the content asap.

7. Futa Looney for the Luna

I love partying but also dont have the patience to farm ANYTHING its stupid and boring

8. Mr. Sly Guest

You're in the wrong genre of games then lol. That's a majority of mmo's.

9. Ikuzo Jordan Reigns In Blood

I see where you're coming from but am partly guilty so can't fully agree. Sometimes I do extra runs past my quest line on the same dungeon to help the person out or get them to catch up so we can continue to party. Sometimes I just leave when I'm done. All depends on my fp and what's next really.

I do remember the day of trading mats though. That was very RPG-like....fittingly so xD Of course, quests used to be wayyyyy harder. Yall remember Contaminated Spider Legs? Or Burning Hearts? Aphelia was quite the party-friendly dungeon area. Like others stated previously, while the game has improved in many ways with all the content we get and great fixes to make the game overall more enjoyable to veteran players (recently - the dungeon selection/retry/repair hotkeys for ex) we've also gotten many reasons to keep playing...with or without others. I think it actually extends the longevity of the game overall, at least until people tire of solo'ing/PvP, since the whole goal is progression, albeit the journey is always more sentimental than the destination and journeys are indeed more pleasurable with competent/fun parties. It is what it is. Long live SFO.

10. Mr. Sly Guest

I think we're all guilty at some point of that lol. God contaminated spider legs costed a fortune... They were like demon challenges of today, costing like 28k per. Honestly, one thing I wouldn't mind them doing is making FP unlimited for mentors so long as you're mentoring someone and playing with that mentee. That way you won't have to worry about wasting FP to help out a friend or a lower level who wants to get good. Would encourage more players to stick around for lower level quests too. Ofc I know this is a a1bd idea and would get abused easily but it's a shame we have to consider "can I afford to help this person..." at points.

11. Mango

Guild:
    College
    With the advent of scenario dungeons, i feel more compelled to party now i suppose( I'm really just their to mooch off that scenario exp)

12. Pre-Ghent, dungeons take a minute and a half to cruise through. Why would I sit in QP for 1-5 minutes when I could just get it done? Noobs slow me down and vets don't need me.

I understand what you mean though, when I switch to a class that relies on buffs and there isn't a single party in the finder window I cry. Perhaps this will get better with Anton - when other people who are currently on their wicked soloing classes make buff/supports, they will have to party up.

13. Icerixi

Tbh, I'd solo if help is not needed or if I wanna do things at my own pace. But in other scenarios, I'd rather party up and have fun with others. Can make the game alot less boring plus even helping each other out with quests or even farming.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)