Cain Does everyone just play Solo Fighter Online? Do people actually even party pre-fanatics?

Discussion in 'Party' started by lalala9090, Sep 27, 2015.

1. lalala9090

Never, have I ever, received a party invite until I reached lv46 and had to party for fanatic runs. After fanatics however, there just becomes another few levels of Solo Fighter Online(SFO) until people decide ghent is hard :/. I just want to find a group of people who actually like to party and play with others and maybe even create a guild with friendly people. If that dream is too high, atleast I want someone who can atleast play the game often to party up and escape SFO

2. dakarus

IGN:
    GabeAthouse
    Guild:
    Destiny
    Server:
    Cain
    I recently got back into playing after 3 months of absence. It seems like nobody wants to quick party rarely past 50 or higher, but that's the way I see it. A shame really...

3. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    I like to party too, even if my characters usually faceroll until Ghent Ulti's. Buuuut nobody parties all that much pre-Fantatics. :T

4. Laiyenu Bloodgaru Queen

IGN:
    Laiyenu
    Steam:
    Laiyenu
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Not sure why people don't like grouping, but yea, after fanatics the people to group with drops off tremendously.
    I prefer having others in my party, but usually its like me and one friend or 3 friends for a full group.

5. Nokoya low quality

Maybe the early dungeons are easy so maybe nobody needs any help or a party. But I still think having a party is more fun and it makes the runs much more exciting.

6. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Parties give you less drops and you can't go on at your own pace, which is kind of a issue for many people. Especially since there's starting quests where you have to collect random drops (Behemoth Fragments, Old City Legacies...) and it also gives you less awakening mats due to this. Ofc that's only an issue if you're new-ish, but still

7. Kerath Happy 9pasha

IGN:
    Varandas, Jehane
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    DFO also uses janky ancient netcode for peer-to-peer connections, which means grouping with randos always has a level of uncertainty when it comes to lag. People on less reliable connections may feel leery of stuff like quick parties because of that.

8. Suite

I feel this is the main thing really. Save for each area's respective special dungeon (fanatics/time break/slote) you never really stay too long in a place and even if you are in the same location/area as another individual, there is a real good possibility that you're at some other point in quest chain than them, requiring you to do who knows what.

For example, the whole epic chain that takes you through every stage in Iced Wall is terribly unfriendly towards groups. You have to go back and forth between solo nightmare entries, rejoin, repeat. And regardless of level, you could very realistically have a group of individuals all of the same level, at entirely different maps because they're simply at different points in that long and tedious quest chains. The game isn't designed very well imo to be anything more than a mess with regards to being a "Multiplayer Online" game for the majority of content, which is very unfortunate.

And of course the next step to the above issue is that you couldn't simply party with any random friend/guildmate either, because the very likely case is that you're not at all at the exact same level/point in a quest chain, and one character is simply going to be carrying the other.

The only way to work around this (which ends up being fairly inefficient in the long run) is to forcefully restrict yourselves to only levelling those characters when said friends/guildmates are available.

tl;dr it a mess sry

9. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    It's... It's not a mess! You gotta be-believe me! This is a great... Great... Multiplayer game!
    I'm not r-running through dungeons a-alone or anything! So many parties!!!
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Everspace I will murder your family

Guild:
    Haberdashery
    In many cases, I find my runs to be faster and more efficient when run by myself. Where and when I drop cubes, and controlling mobs is much more predictable when alone. For some classes this can be a big deal in ending up dry mid-run or just after you've finished the boss (minimial rebuffs, or only having to do a single cube for a room).

I do however try to do 4-man runs of special dungeons because the extra drops are not worth the EXP bonus IMHO.

11. lalala9090

I read over all these replies. I see where everyone is coming from. But a secondary problem is do we even want to play with others? Playing duo is the most effective way to play this game but it would be a miracle to even be able to get someone who isn't afk/a vendor. Usually late game we just grab random people and hope they don't just d/c and it works 90% of the time I get a party imo. Also even if we don't want to party, things like Otherverse force us to party and the only way to get through it is pre-made parties or finding a random carry. Best solution: Create guilds. Creating major guilds that branch off into smaller guilds will create something kind of like factions, which could be interesting to see.

12. Ikuzo Jordan Reigns In Blood

I agree partying is not only the most productive but most fun way to play the game but game's dead and most people play classes where they don't really need help. Most of the classes I play do decent dmg but ALL are close quarters to mid range sooo yeah. I'd greatly benefit from a launcher, soul, nen, etc. etc. I think they see it as a chore and most people don't wanna help unless they get something out of it. Leveling chars is basically torture till subclass imo, then after it fluctuates between fun and meh as you gain more skills. Even though I'm bad, I like PvP more than anything sooo it's tiresome for me to HAVE to PvE to lvl up chars to 50 over and over mostly alone. I doubt I'm the only one but prob minority. Thus is life.

13. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    With the addition of ov solo no one will have a reason to party until anton except for running speed. I heard solo gives more frags too.

Welcome to solo fighter online

14. ElderGOD

You just answered your own question.

Most people are in a guild and party with guild members.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Drag some of your RL friends into this

Sell each of them a specific class and build up your OV/Anton group from there

16. Ikuzo Jordan Reigns In Blood

Every guild I've joined only parties for OV and occasional ToD, mostly lv85 too. That's a lonely 84 levels in a guild. Out of all my PvE time since neople brought DFO back, prob 10% or less of the time is party play. Despite how fucked nexon days were, when I first started playing (6yrs ago or so?) 90% of the PvE time I played I was partying (save 10% for solo quests or when playing latenight/early morning, or when the game began to die out). I still remember getting help from random strangers when playing low level chars (usually templars, of course).

17. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Thing is they keep making leveling easier which just makes parties more and more pointless. Scenario dungeons aww yeah.

And we keep getting events for hp mp pots which makes pots pointess.

I remember in the old nexon days where pots were expensive and another reason to party was to save on pot usage.

18. ElderGOD

That means you joined bad guilds.

19. Mr. Sly Guest

I try to look for parties all the time when I level but I rarely get one. When I do, it doesn't last long and it reminds me how annoying it is when the leader doesn't stop at Delilah so I can repair/sell my whites. I mostly try to get RL friends to duo with or someone I know who's patient. Randoms don't like to wait/repair/etc.

Not that I need a group, but it's fun to party lol.

20. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Like people have said before it's because the game continues to get easier and easier to solo to Cap. Why wait around for a party that might be unreliable when you can log on and get Shiz done in 2 hrs. or less ? They need to add perm bonuses for parties or keep events rolling that make running in a party entirely beneficial, people will snatch each other up for parties then.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)