Do you play on controller or keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dice Dragon, Feb 6, 2017.

?

Do you play on controller?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. both

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Was discussing this with a friend, how many people play on keyboard

2. Reyak

IGN:
    Niblo
    Guild:
    Brave
    Keyboard master race.

3. Avitar The Terror of Death

IGN:
    JustSomeRndmGuy
    Guild:
    Valor
    Server:
    Cain
    I cant imagine playing certain classes with a controller. The number of manual inputs would be too much. Also I'm lazy and my laptop keyboard does enough for me.

4. Yojimzo

IGN:
    Croloachra
    Guild:
    Mavericks
    Server:
    Cain
    Keyboard, playing on a controller would require too much in game remapping for my liking. Only one I'd ever considering doing it on is Monk.

5. giouji

i like my manual ek on controller

6. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

a 3 year mayo clinic study revealed that only terrorists and communists play dfo on a keyboard

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  7. Avitar The Terror of Death

IGN:
    JustSomeRndmGuy
    Guild:
    Valor
    Server:
    Cain
    Oddly enough though, my Grappler is probably the only character I have where I find myself manually inputting most of her commands.

8. I would, but there's just too many buttons to press for a controller.

12 skill hotkeys, 6 item hotkeys, buff button, skill button, attack button, jump, not to mention gear swapping or using items from your inventory in a pinch...

9. Pyros

I play on a controller, do need a decent setup but it's pretty good, and realistically only a few classes need a lot of keys(although fuck manual smash 85 epics, but that's the same for keyboard users really). Mostly the key to having a good setup imo is having one of the triggers/shoulder buttons be a toggle that changes every other buttons while you hold it. So you press one button it does something, you hold the trigger and press the same button it does something else. This basically doubles the amount of buttons you have(technically 2 less since you can't use the toggle button itself) and makes it fairly easy to do everything, including items, creature and even shit like //setitem macro, escape to skip quest shit and Retry to farm dungeons and such.

Main downside is the Dpad on my DS4 was definitely not made for intensive use and I already had to change it and the replacement feels like it's already getting kinda weird. Guess I could use a stick for movement but it feels a lot more natural to use the Dpad, and shit like dashing feels fucking shit on the sticks imo. Replacements are like 3euros or whatever though, so it's not really a massive issue.

10. Kyo-Clone

Controller, more specifically a Wii-U Pro Controller.

11. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    ps3 controller.

12. Sage

This man knows what I'm talking about. Before I upgraded from ps2 to ps3 controller, I tried using a non song controller and broke that crap in a weak from regular game play. lol

13. giouji

Ive been on a ps2 controller with an old school usb plug with ps2 socket(15$ from some china bootleg shop), 10 years later still working fine.
    Easily best purchase in my lifetime for it's cost performance.

14. Sage

I had to upgrade to ps3 controller once I found out from my local gamestop that song stop making there own controllers.
    Mainly due to how much stress I put on the controller playing old school fighting games (mainly Street Fighter, Tekken, and etc). Ends up tearing apart the D-pad of non sony made ps2 controllers.

15. wereyoshi

IGN:
    wereyoshi
    Server:
    Cain
    The only character I use a controller on is my creator where I use a wiimote + nunchuck . For every other character, I use a keyboard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Controller for full-manual gameplay (Necro, some alts), Keyboard for hotkey-based gameplay (Kuno, Fnen). Where's the "Both" option?
    You could try a Logitech F310 gamepad, the dpad there seems to last much more than dualshock controllers have for me. Also helps that they're like half the cost.

17. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    i been playing on controller since 40 cap days so it's too hard for me to go back to playing on a keyboard

18. Phanir Phanny

IGN:
    Phanir
    Steam:
    Phanir
    Guild:
    DREBINS
    Server:
    Cain
    This for me as well.

I've used my PSP, Wii Classic, PS2, and now PS3 controllers since starting DFO. Used keyboard very briefly when kDnF added controller compatibility that conflicted with Xpadder, but found a fix for that within a week.

Probably going to setup my DS4 soon and see how that goes.

19. Sage

:sick: My friend has that controller and I dislike it. I think I'm just too use to the PlayStation joystick shape and D-pads that arent one whole piece of plastic. o_O

20. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    yeah, i tried using some fancy logitech usb controller one time when the stupid ps3 driver kept crashing on me and i couldnt do it.
    the ps 3 controller just fits nicely and works great.

also helps when i play other ppls chars, all i have to do is make another configuration on xpadder to mimic my lay out for theirs.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)