Misc. DNF Extractor 3 English Patch

Discussion in 'Releases' started by LHCGreg, Dec 7, 2015.

1. LHCGreg

IGN:
    BruiserSistr
    Server:
    Cain
    https://mega.nz/#!QRAnyKpD!qSJlj62IO45kM93hYbnPQOr8AKL2HB5bSVXjuoOGN-Y

I did the reverse engineering work to make a translation possible. @Space Fish did the actual translating. Not an easy task when you don't know Chinese!

1. Install DNF Extractor 3 the normal way if you do not already have it.
    2. Run it once and exit it.
    3. Download the English patch zip.
    4. Extract over your DNF Extractor 3 installation at %appdata%\exrpg.com\DNF_Extractor.
    5. Run DNF_Extractor_English.bat. DO NOT RUN Launcher.exe ANYMORE AND DO NOT USE THE DNF EXTRACTOR DESKTOP ICON ANYMORE. DOING THAT WILL OVERWRITE THE ENGLISH PATCHED FILES. If you accidentally run the old launcher, you can copy the English files over again. Renaming Launcher.exe to Launcher.xxx will prevent accidentally running the old launcher.

Online functionality of DNF Extractor will not work when using this patch. Sorry. :(

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Idol Idol x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. tooters โ—”โ—กโ—‰

Guild:
    CHICKSwDICKS
    Server:
    Cain
    awesome!

3. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    If anyone gets an error message while using this, please post it here, no matter what it is or how it was caused or whether or not you solved it. I couldn't spend all day trying to force every single possible error message (there's a ton) to ensure I didn't break the popups or to see if the grammar worked 100% correctly with certain parts of the code that display filenames or error codes.
    At the very least, most of them should be readable, especially the infamous "Vista / Win7" error.

Edit: Oh, I'm already noticing I made a typo in one of the merge options when making last-minute changes. Embarrassing, it's right there in the screenshot.
    It'll be fixed in the next update, whenever that's needed. Merge functions don't work anyway.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  4. FenixR Clothing Optional. #CeraCertificatesWhen?

IGN:
    (Any)FenixR(Any)
    Guild:
    28/28 Chars at 86
    Server:
    Cain
    Wow nice, thanks for this, should make easier working with the NPK's a lot.

5. FenixR Clothing Optional. #CeraCertificatesWhen?

IGN:
    (Any)FenixR(Any)
    Guild:
    28/28 Chars at 86
    Server:
    Cain
    Reinstalled DNF extractor, applied patch, run the English Bat, gets welcomed by this message and can't do anything:
    upload_2015-12-9_17-41-39.png

6. LHCGreg

IGN:
    BruiserSistr
    Server:
    Cain
    Has anyone other than me, Space Fish, and DDD tried this out yet? I'll try reinstalling and see if I can reproduce.

7. Wilfre M.

Whenever I get the laptop back, I'll be sure to give it a heavy beta test.

Fish, this needs to be a sticky.

8. Toone

IGN:
    CalaJane
    Steam:
    TooneGeminiElf
    Guild:
    ikkitousen
    Server:
    Cain
    I am terribly sorry , I cannot test at this moment, But will reserve A block of time for this weekend to do some testing of my own. =)

9. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    It's linked in my guide right now. I kinda want the kinks like this one worked out before I swap the threads. It's stickied in Releases, though.

@DDD was DNFE fully updated when you added Greg's patch? You said you reinstalled it entirely, which means it's probably missing a ton of bugfixes and new minor feature updates from EXRPG.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  10. Gardios SOIYA SOIYA SOIYA

Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Btw Greg, did you find out what you need to change in the file so that the game reads it?

11. FenixR Clothing Optional. #CeraCertificatesWhen?

IGN:
    (Any)FenixR(Any)
    Guild:
    28/28 Chars at 86
    Server:
    Cain
    No its an outdated version that i downloaded from your guide iirc.

12. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    Run the program at least once without Greg's English patch and then add his and see if that fixes the problem. The English patch uses the most recently updated script files.
    DNFE occasionally gets bug fixes and if that install is old enough, it doesn't even have the color multiply feature on the main window.

13. FenixR Clothing Optional. #CeraCertificatesWhen?

IGN:
    (Any)FenixR(Any)
    Guild:
    28/28 Chars at 86
    Server:
    Cain
    Problem solved, i never allowed the APP to connect online so i never had any update downloaded.

14. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    Glad that worked out. Got scared for a bit. The thought of outdated versions never really crossed my mind until now because of the way DNFE updates.

15. LHCGreg

IGN:
    BruiserSistr
    Server:
    Cain
    No, not yet. This grew out of the first step of that. Those .pak files in DNFE's ui/ folder are actually zip files with a password. I wanted to get at those files to see if they had the code I'm looking for. I was able to crack the password, which made translating their contents and repacking them possible. The other thing I had to do for an English patch was patch out the part of DNF_Extractor.e32 that exits if a pin passed to it by launcher.exe isn't valid, so launcher.exe can be skipped. Alas, the code I need to finish my NPK writer is not in the js files in the pak files. But it was good practice at reverse engineering.

Edited the post and the readme to make it clearer that you need to run DNFE 3 once before applying the patch.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  16. FenixR Clothing Optional. #CeraCertificatesWhen?

IGN:
    (Any)FenixR(Any)
    Guild:
    28/28 Chars at 86
    Server:
    Cain
    For those that want to use the online options like avatar merging, you can copy the whole folder of DNF extractor, place it somewhere else, apply the patch and make a shortcut to that one. So you can have both at the same time if necessary.

17. Moose Quiz Master

IGN:
    MooseLight
    Guild:
    80Percent
    Server:
    Cain
    I can run DNFE 3.0 as normal but when I click on the bat file, I get a fmodex.dll error. What should I do?
    [​IMG]

18. LHCGreg

IGN:
    BruiserSistr
    Server:
    Cain
    Can you take a screenshot of your DNFE folder?

19. Moose Quiz Master

IGN:
    MooseLight
    Guild:
    80Percent
    Server:
    Cain
  20. LHCGreg

IGN:
    BruiserSistr
    Server:
    Cain
    That's odd, I can see fmodex.dll, dunno why it'd say it's missing. You are running the .bat from that folder you screenshotted right? Not from a different folder with only the English patch files or something? What version of Windows are you using?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)