Dimension Walker General Discussion

Discussion in 'Dimension Walker' started by Jay, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Laskeri

IGN:
    Hyakurei
    Server:
    Cain
    So wait does Mana Broom handily (heh) beat out Handmade Broom? Or do the skill bonuses on Handmade outweigh the extra IA + 5% extra elenore on MB?

2. Yojimzo

IGN:
    Croloachra
    Guild:
    Mavericks
    Server:
    Cain
    So, just curious, planning on making a DW when we get them on G, what other summoning class would be the closest approximation to DW's playstyle, or is a bit too unique for that. Just so I know what to look forward to.

3. deeemark

IGN:
    Neren
    mana broom easily beats out handmade

4. Pyros

Necro is definitely the closest, they're obviously not exactly the same, but have a lot of similarities. Both use a single strong summon that has multiple skills that you can use on demand including holds, both also have large strong spells that they cast themselves instead of through the summons, they both have a spell amplification mechanic which changes the properties of certain spells when used, they both have a fair amount of mobility.

The main differences would be that DW is fixed while Necro is percent/fixed(mostly percent, but some skills have a decent bit of fixed), Necro spell amplification is like a "toggle" that affects the skills until it runs out but is way less powerful than DW's which is only for the next spell but makes them much stronger, Necro has 2 buffs they want to swap and are mostly forced shadow so they need fairly specific gear, especially since one of the buff is peculiar(converts str to int, so you need to cap str for the buff to get full benefit) and Necro's Vallacre makes her a potent attacker and not just a spellcaster by changing X and giving her some special skills on top. And I guess Nicholas is an elven vampire butler while Nyarly is a loli succubus from another dimension.

5. Kitsame

Haven't played DFO for a few months, are DW and Blood Mage available to play on NA DFO?

6. Pyros

Not yet.

7. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    I got my DW-to-be a Handmade Broom, does the broom do anything specifically for Dimension Walker once we get the classes, or does he just benefit from the Elenore damage?

8. :v

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Isa Sheep

Don't forget the skill bonuses.
    3 to Ray
    2 to Paradigm

10. Pyros

Ah I was curious about this last time you said that but forgot, is it what it actually has on kdnf? I couldn't find it on the wiki and the screens I see don't show it either, but not sure if it was changed recently or what. Wish it wasn't such a fucking pain checking for stuff on kdnf without an account. I know there an item database website but can't figure out where it is again, only finding the one that has pictures(and this one has a picture without +skills for mmages, but again not sure if outdated or what).

11. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    Also does anyone have a handy skill showcase video for Dimension Walker so I can get a handle on skill names and stuff?

12. Arrol

Well the skill names are already on the wiki.

13. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah but I have no idea what skill is what because there are no videos attached to the skill names.

14. Isa Sheep

I can make the video when I get back from vacation in a few days.
    Also yes @Pyros that's what it says on the broom in-game. I can double check when I make the aforementioned video. I spent a good 10 minutes comparing moon runes between the broom and the skill tree, so I'm fairly certain.

15. Pyros

If you search youtube for the korean name of the class, you can find videos from back when it was added that show all the skills. It's one of the first results, just look for the thumbnails in the training room, a couple ppl did batches of videos for each individual skills.

16. Isa Sheep

Here you go, guys!
    Additionally apparently Parasite doesn't have a Beyond Effect, so the effect got passed to positron. Luckily I stayed still, so you should essentially still understand that beyond positron allows you to move while regular positron keeps you in channeling animation.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  17. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

Ok got a question here as today I got a Spirit King's protection from Epic Road.
    Don't really know if brooms give a better buff, but I do know that home made broom give +15% damage and Spirit King's give +10%, but Spirit King's has more Independent Atk. than Home made Broom and would probably gain more from refinement.
    So which one would actually be better to use honestly?

18. Isa Sheep

Handmade.

19. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

Thank you, guess I will hold onto the rod to transfer to my GM some day.

20. The Winged Professor だが断る!

This has been asked before probably, but in terms of swap gear what's generally needed? I know currently it is only possible to get a random 20-25 title. I also picked up a 20-25 pet.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)