Dimension Walker General Discussion

Discussion in 'Dimension Walker' started by Jay, Aug 18, 2016.

1. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    I would stick with Handmade because Pumpkin will push you towards a fire build, which is still pretty expensive.

2. Subclass when :excited:
    [​IMG]

3. Isa Sheep

That Navarre dedGame

4. Shirouzen Monster of God

Server:
    Cain
    I wish we could have skipped the holiday events in place of new mmages, they would be the make x-mas presents of all...

5. Isa Sheep

I'd agree except this epic road is pretty awesome for a chance to possibly pregear a DW or basically any class for that matter.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Just to necro an old comment that never was focused upon, do we know if these two skill passives are enough to have us easily reach Magic Critical Chance cap with basic gear, or are we still investing in Gold Emblems for the 3% Crit Chance?

7. Pyros

They're not SD crit rate level no, you get 10% from dogma device and 13% max from Fate Distortion when you're at max waves(but it's not all the time, so it can go back down at times, 13% is the max at 86 with contract). The small issue is if you have to stop fighting for a bit, you'll lose waves, like say during certain bosses gimmicks and what not, so you won't be at full crit if you rely on it to cap you whenever the boss does some shit, which can be detrimental with how much burst is prevalent.

Still total is only 23%, which won't cover all your crit needs even with enchants and stuff, so you'll need some crit on emblems. Maybe not full crit, depends on the rest of your gear, but probably some.

8. Just as a follow-up, I did find one more post...

I'm a bit confused on the Attack Speed aspect. I'm trying to look through all the information on this thread and feel like I've absorbed it all; however, I don't see the reason for Attack Speed. Do we have abilities scaling off Attack Speed, similar to how some attack moves (like Kalla) scale off Casting Speed for Soul Benders?

9. Pyros

As far as I know, no skill uses attack speed, other than throwing X attacks, which aren't particularily potent other than generating wave power thing(but less than skills so pointless unless everything is on cd). He probably meant cast speed, which if you use a broom is probably not going to be THAT good either though, since you get 30% from broom passive and like 70% or whatever from cloth mastery and then whatever from avatar/title/other shit so adding 1.6% cast speed emblems isn't going to be very impactful.

Neither is going to be super good but castspeed would probably benefit you more overall since you don't X that much.

TL;DR:
    Green=Crit or Crit/Int if enough crit
    Red=Int or Crit/Int if need more crit
    Blue=2x Castspeed+hit hybrids and rest movespeed if no broom, if broom just movespeed since you hitcap
    Yellow=Castspeed

Edit: Fixed the hit thing, forgot the class had a hit passive, even if conditional

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  10. Laskeri

IGN:
    Hyakurei
    Server:
    Cain
    It used to be that Nyarly's speed scaled off of attack speed but that was removed, IIRC

11. Icaro [3 Steps Ahead]

IGN:
    Yuyokochan/Kaalu
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    that and Alienation: Harlequin scaled off attack speed

12. ntchesterx

Im creating a 86 base mmage from the event
    Im really torned between DW and BM doe, i really like BM's idea, blood an all, but i dont entirely like 1ST awaken...
    and spear is nice! i really like spear.

DW on the other hand, i dont like the idea of summoner ( i hate summonor or necro ) and i hate broom as an weapon. BUT i love the 1st awaken and some of the skill.

Now i jsut dont know what to do.
    I dont like making manymany character, so im just gonna pick one and focus on it.

some insight pls?
    <3

13. Pyros

Sounds like Blood Mage, if you hate summons, then no real reason to play DW.

14. Zarko

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum.

I'm preparing a Male Mage base to make it into Dimension Walker and during Epic Road I dropped a Shining Intelligence, but I already have saved a Handmade Broom. Which of the two weapons is best for DW? Is it worth using this Staff on it?

15. Icaro [3 Steps Ahead]

IGN:
    Yuyokochan/Kaalu
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    imo DW is one of those mmages that can use a lot of weapons outside of broom. Since you got Shining int (fuk you ;_; ) it beats handmade if you are going for a gracia build.
    also, nice find! you got really lucky.

16. Pyros

Honestly, I'm not sure it beats Handmade Broom by a lot assuming you can cap crit without the 20% on Shining Int. While it has nicer stats, they're not crazy higher(22light ele and 1%elenore which is a fair amount but that's 22light when you already have 200+ most likely), and you do lose a ~30% boost on your lvl 40 skill and 20% on your lvl 45 skill, both of which are fairly heavy hitters. The 45 especially is pretty much top tier(it's technically top4, behind both awakenings and similar to Lullaby and ahead of everything else by a good margin).

It should be ahead still because it buffs every other skill a bit, including the real OP shit, your 2nd and your 1st awakening, but it isn't like a massive jump in power if everything doesn't die instantly to your 2nd(although everything will until they add Luke), Handmade Broom isn't just a good statlines, the skill effects are surprisingly potent on this class.

17. Zarko

I honestly do not know which one to use. Initially I intend to make 6/6 Gracia in it and I have already saved a Bright Energy Magic Stone. Accessory Combo I think it will be Anton's 3-piece. By this route, focusing on light damage, I think Shining would be the best choice. Also, I have a Petit Gragol and his smash damage does not stack with the Handmade smash. When the class is launched I will make some tests to decide.

Thx, Icaro! :D And Pyros, can you tell which DW skills buff in Handmade and Shining?

18. Pyros

Handmade Broom gives 20% damage on Positron Blast and +2secs duration on Parasitic Swarm. Shining doesn't do anything cause it's a staff, so it doesn't get specific DW bonuses, only Brooms do.

I'd go with the staff assuming you have Gracia, it's still probably going to be better overall, and the additional crit would let you use more int emblems for example and get more value there probably. Was just pointing out that the difference wouldn't be that big, Handmade Broom is very good for a 80 epic for DW because it buffs the right skills.

19. Zarko

I'll leave the Handmade Broom in case at some point Shining does not benefit me any more (when switching to an epic set that uses some element other than light).

And one last question: is Dimension Walker a full fixed class? I was thinking of buying a The Behemoth or a Bloody Behemoth. Which of the two would make a better pair for the DW? Sorry to bother with these questions! :(

20. Isa Sheep

Completely fixed.
    Also while I was on kDNF I noticed you get 3 points in Dimension Ray and 2 points in Paradigm Detonation in addition to the usual 2s on Parasite, etc.
    Don't know if that was a more recent addition or what.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

1. Isa