dfog tier list

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by sharzik, May 28, 2016.

1. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    We really don't need a lag meta list at all, but like you said it was a good conversation starter. It's a bit refreshing to hear people talk about PvP once in awhile. Btw, M.Striker's reset with lightning dance when someone is OTG isn't very reliable since most of the time it actually won't reset. It resets only when you hit them with it when they're mid-air. OTG reset can work, but rarely does it happen.

2. Warrior

it has nothing to do with mid-air or OTG, you either have to start the combo with standing neck snap (or catch a QR as the start of the combo) or you can't do LD -> nado for a simple reset. If you want to do a reset when you started a combo without necksnap or QR catch, you have to force standing for longer than 1 second (like LD -> low kick or torpedo before kick, do whatever standing combo for longer than a second, then aerial again after reset)

there are two types of resets, one is double standing in a single aerial combo (standing neck snap and QR catch are weird because they count as standing but also aerial, which is why it works if it's a part of the double standing) or a longer than 1 second of standing combo not counting CC like stun or freeze. mstrikers are one of the few that can do both, although the force stand reset is risky vs some classes.

3. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    Huh, never knew that about the nado kick reset. I didn't realize they are two different types of resets. Thanks for clearing that up for me I've always stuck to the way I knew resets, but knowing the other way really helps. I tested the OTG reset last night before I went to bed to clarify a few things too and I was mistaken on that part as well. It hardly worked for me when I did it in past matches, but now it works well with the tips.

4. dfomado

IGN:
    MissMado
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Playing rogue and ranking rogue C
    you must be kidding right?

5. Aethersteel IGN: Aethersteel(Ninpo) Guild: NewWorld/Kawaii

Very good tier list
    This can help anyone see the reason certain people play how they play or why certain classes are doing better than others
    Oh @RunningWild if Zerkers werent so good why are there 6 zerks in the top 50 and the next one after is WM at 5 obviously somethings up and this list explains it pretty well.
    Though i would move MBrawler to S, and MNen to A this list seems pretty good so far
    PS - Knew M69N wasnt legit ;)

6. JonJonTheDon BOUGHT MY BITCH HER OWN CRIB, CALL THAT A DOGHOUSE

IGN:
    JonJon
    Guild:
    Migos
    Server:
    Cain
    rp bug.

7. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    > Imagine basing people's skill on the rp ranking in this game. Then you remember the coliseum bug.

8. Loujitsu Nen God

IGN:
    Loujitsu
    Guild:
    Symbolic
    Server:
    Cain
    Honestly, from a rogues perspective I don't have much issue with this list especially since lag was taken into consideration as to why some classes where ranked the way they where. However, Mnen is definitely not S tier and Mbrawler at B is laughable.
    My changes
    Mnen - A
    Mbrawler - S
    Rogue - A

9. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    RP bugging and again zerkers are bad but they benefit more than others from lag

10. Warrior

Zerkers aren't bad at all after their last buffs, the korean zerk players that went to action tournament say so themselves all the time (they actually consider zerk as top tier now). They are even better in DFOG because they actually benefit from lag.

11. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, but we shouldn't be using the current RP ranking to indicate that they are good tho. We all know that's not really reliable.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  12. marlymar

great list by the legendary boopysnoot!

13. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    I'd love to talk with this person who considers zerk top tier and clearly knows what they're talking about to SOME extent if they're at AT (afaik? I could be wrong about that how many ppl enter AT and what did this zerk place?). The highest I'd give them is mid or MAYBE mid-high tier, and I still think they're probably a smidgen lower than that, with so few and obvious ways to approach.

14. Sancerre

in the lag we play with, i would definitely put zerkers in the A tier. extremely high hit recovery, speed, evasion and lingering hit boxes (mountainous wheel, raging fury and bloody sword especially)... a zerker at 10% health with die hard rolling is one of the toughest classes to finish off. you may believe zerkers are very telegraphed but that doesnt make it easy to touch them safely... and when they get low hp its hard to just play keep away with how fast they are... at low hp its very common to get desynced and have them shunpo on top of you using a skill. to top it all off, they can smash down a 70%+ combo on you if their cubes are up.

S tier just seems excessive. i dont know if they are A tier in korea's network infrastructure... but they are definitely solid even without the lag benefits.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    that's true, I really do overlook the speed a lot. I probably don't mind them as much because my class is pretty dumb, or maybe it's just a bad MU for zerk.
    I don't actually think they're complete junk but I couldn't call them really good given how telegraphed they are and lacking in neutral. But yeah the damage they can get off of one punish with cubes can be disgusting (ofc I'm not as used to it cuz I usually play with ppl who throw outrage break out in neutral willy nilly instead of comboing into it, I need to practice with better people more often).
    Probably somewhere in the B area, A range with our lag? Definitely not S though.

16. Aethersteel IGN: Aethersteel(Ninpo) Guild: NewWorld/Kawaii

Ok so are you saying that everyone in the RP ratings are rp bugged b/c i already took that into account (and in all honesty as common as you guys make it sound ive have only seen it twicd before) and im pretty sure they had RP bugs in Kdnf as well but they just reset the RP ratings.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  17. Gyran Dreemurr Enthusiast

IGN:
    Gyran
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    To my knowledge, not everyone did but a significant enough number of people did to the point that RP is only so useful in determining who's good/what subclasses dominate the most, especially added to our servers normalizing lag (zerks aren't junk but us having 5 zerks in top 20 is not a good indicator that zerks are amazing). Idk how many but some straight up admitted to using the RP bugs, or at least it ended up working out that way.

18. Luminate

IGN:
    Lumiate
    Guild:
    Dream
    Nice job Boopy, good read.

19. moritsuna

So I was looking at this post regarding Demon Slayer. Says it's pretty damn bad but the next poster refuted that fact? Is there a consensus on how Demon Slayer is in PVP right now? There's alot of old information with pre-rework DS.

20. VFZ2016

She does Fine, but i think others famale slayers do better ( Better grabs, Better dmg and Easy juggles, super armor skills, and some i-frames skills?. ). Latency may conflict to her core skills "impale" ( do not grab while they are moving, just a second of hit stun ). "Blood Majin" don't cover the enemy just a hit , "Sword Demon Strike" seems to miss 80% of time and "castigation" worst grab with latency or bad ping. if you want to be good with demon slayer you have to learn first of all to "Block"( Sword Barrier ) then start a juggle combo z> xx or/and Cross slash >Z> xx > Flying Tips > Z > xx or/and Cross slash, ( watch out combo protection ) while they are on the air finish with "sanguine choreography" for otg dmg, or "Blood majin". just learn some combos.
    Here are some tips for pvp as a demon slayers : always use katana ( ALWAYS ) try to get attack speed ( acc, pets , tittle, clone)., if your oponent have a red computer( latency ) do not use impale or blood majin while they are moving( it won't grab or cover the enemy) they only work in a aerial combo after xx or on the floor with a hit stun x x x > Impale. You can warp grab (use this carefully while their quick rebound are in cd) , while on the ground xxx or xx > Impale ( depends on attack speed ) xxx/xx > castigation may work also.
    Also she has good otg combos "Draw, Cross slash, SB Thrash, Wild trash.", yolo sanguine choreography( a clone using Wild Trash) to start a combo.
    Sorry for this big post i just get excited that someone want to pvp as a demon slayer :) good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)