[DFOG Release]Royal Domination (Chaos Knight/Demon Queen PvE Guide) WIP

Discussion in 'Chaos' started by Axia, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Table Of Contents:
    About
    Chaos Knight/Demon Queen
    General Shared Skills
    Class Specific Skills
    Awakening Skills
    TP Skills
    Optimal Gear
    Thanks/Shoutouts
    ==========================================================================================​
    [​IMG]
    My name is Axia (not my real name, obviously) and I’ve has a love/hate relationship with DFO for about 5-6 years now. I’ve had almost every class on my old account at level cap until Nexon shut down DFO NA. From there I was on and off with CDNF but family life and school took priority so I took a break. I'm currently in college pursuing my Bachelors in Biomedical Sciences and hopefully my PHD in Pharmacology and Drug Development in the Future.

My main Goal with this guide is to provide a decent resource to new players and a reference point for returning players.

NOTE: THIS GUIDE IS BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS/TRIALS ON THIS CLASS ALL THEY WAY TO THE CURRENT CAP OF LEVEL 85. YOU WILL NOT SEE ANY GUIDES FROM ME ON CLASSES THAT I HAVE NOT PLAYED OR PUT IN THE TIME TO MASTER.

Now enough about me, lets get on with the guide:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Children born between Demons and Pandemonians are uncontrollably violent.
    The reason those cruel kids are being called "Chaos" is resulted from their nature and nurture.
    Chaos controls minions freely with their unique powers and charisma.
    This relation is a total power game; if Chaos gets weaker than minions then they will kill their master without any hesitation. Chaos too in the other hand, often kills them to maintain her dominance.
    Chaos will do anything at any cost for victory, and willingly sacrifice even their allies.
    Their virtues are similar to those of Demons, but their strategy reflects the wisdom passed down from Terrans.
    Power and wisdom. Maybe they truly are the descendants of extinct warmongers.

- Report, "Plain: Demon"

Chaos Knight/Demon Queen is a class selection for the Knight and for the most part, is a front-line oriented summoner. She has incredible clear times and can easily faceroll anything.

[​IMG]Weapon: Short Swords[​IMG]
    Short Swords Provide the most Magical Attack out of the Sword Family Weapons while giving you decent Physical Attack. To put it in perspective, Greatswords/Zanbato and Bludgeon will always do more Physical Damage but no other weapon type will give you more Magic Attack.
    All Short Swords Give a base Casting Speed +2% and Magic Critical +2%. Certain short swords can give more than that, but as a general rule, they always will have at least these bonuses.

[​IMG]Armor: Heavy Armor[​IMG]
    Heavy Armor provides the 2nd highest amount of raw defensive stats (Plate Armor comes in 1st)
    Chaos Knights Heavy Armor Mastery Removes the Movement and Attack Speed penalties from wearing Heavy Armor and gives bonuses in Intelligence, Vitality, Maximum HP/MP, and MP Recovery Speed.

Reminder: As with any bonuses you get from Equipment, Rarity and Quality effects the amount of stats you receive.

Pros :
    -Possibly the best PvE class in regards to clearing speed (Can Easily Solo Hard/Ultimate Dungeons)(Chaos and Asura are by far the Best Classes for PvE content in this regard)
    -100% Fixed (Absolute) Damage Class means you can get away with a non-reinforced weapon
    -Majority of Skills have ridiculously high base damage scaling
    -Heavy Armor makes you very hard to kill
    -Shields add a nice touch to your overall stats
    -X String deals Magic Damage
    -Almost all subclass active skills are useful
    -Summons deal a $*#%ton of damage
    -Evil God Aten can revive you when you make a mistake
    -Elemental Circle can remove the necessity for enchanting a weapon, which can be costly
    -Very lenient on clear cube fragment usage for skills (The bulk of your summons/skills do not require clear cube fragments)
    -Minion AI is superior compared to other pet classes

Cons:
    -Be prepared to catch a lot of @*(% for playing this class (You will literally bathe in the salt of other players for being a Chaos Knight lol)
    -Hit Rate does not apply to minions. Which Sucks.
    -Resonance Skill is currently bugged. It does not give the attack buff to minions.
    -Elemental Circle does not provide element change to Demon Soldiers. To buff them with elemental damage, you will need to use flasks.
    -Very few options for end game equipment. This will change when OtherVerse(OV) is released and our Chronicle Gear is added, but until then, $#@!’s pretty scarce bro.
    -Weapon Refinement can take alot of time in order to gather up enough Powerful Energies. It wouldn't be a problem if we had other means to get them outside of Silver/Gold Dragon Tournament.
    -Can Feel very tight on SP
    -Very linear in builds and may feel stale after awhile
    -Summoner does begin to outpace you past Lvl 80 due to hybrid scaling on her summons/skills but you're still pretty strong.

How to Become a Chaos Knight:

Achieve Lvl 15 on your Knight
    (Anise will have an earlier quest to let you preview your class so get hype lol)
    Accept the Awakening Quest and Defeat Survivor Chibuka in Ringwood Underground Penitentiary

How to Become a Demon Queen:

Gather these materials up while you're working towards level 50 so that you can awaken easily

10 White Cubes (1000 White Cube Fragments)
    10 Red cubes (1000 Red Cube Fragments)
    100 Superior Hardeners*
    100 Superior Irons*
    60 Chaos Stone Debris
    80 Seals of Empress Skardi
    120 Seals of Emperor Helm
    *To get Superior Hardeners and Superior Irons, take your Raw Hardeners and Iron Scrap to Roger in Underfoot and have him craft them for you*

You will also need to Reach the 30th floor of Tower of the Dead and collect 10 Powerful Essences, which will result in you running the tower twice so make sure you have enough Dreyfus Invitations for getting the job done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Idol Idol x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  2. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Lion Kick (Default)
    Kicks with might, inflicting Damage and raising dust

Recommendation: 1
    Lion Kick is a hybrid scaling ability that can blind enemies with the dust raised up. This skill also lowers target movespeed while increasing your evasion rate when you're in close range of the target. The Blind chance and duration scales with skill level while the movespeed reduction and evasion bonus does not, so it's best to leave it at one. You can utilize it for later strategies such as in Tower of the Dead/Tower of Despair since Blinds mess up the APC AI patterns.
    [​IMG]Shield Uppercut (Default)
    The Knight swings her shield with such force that she lifts enemies up

Shield Uppercut serves as a launching skill, knocking your target up in the air. The skill has hybrid scaling damage and maxes out at Lvl 10. While launches are useful, its best to leave this one at 1
    [​IMG]Shield Change (Default)
    This skill lets you swap out your shield in dungeons, which is kinda neat. However, I've never had an instance where i went "Damm, i wish i had taken shield change". It comes for free but you will hardly ever use it.
    [​IMG]Wheel of Fate (Level 5)

Wheel of Fate is a hybrid scaling Grab ability that has 2 parts to it. The first hit grabs the target and the 2nd hit holds it in the air inside a cog. The skill is great for isolating targets but not worth the sp investment. Leave it at 1.
    [​IMG]Stark Shield (Level 5)
    The knight violently swings her shield, inflicting knock back and a brief stun

Recommendation: 0
    Stark shield is a pure percent damage skill which does not take advantage of Chaos Knight's scalings and build. The skill can spin around enemies facing away from you which is neat. Pressing the skill key a 2nd time can issue a shield charge attack. The skill damage and shield charge damage scales with skill level but the stun duration does not. I wouldn't even bother with this skill.
    [​IMG]Defensive Instinct (Level 5)
    Reccomendation: Personal Preference
    Defensive Insinct grants you the chance to auto guard against a hostile attack, blocking a portion of the damage. The guard chance and damage reduction ammount scales with skill level so its a decent option to invest into.
    [​IMG]Intercept (Level 10)
    The knight quickly jumps up and strikes downward with her shield. Enemies knocked out of the air create a damaging shockwave upon landing.

Recommendation: 0,1
    Intercept works as an anti-air, knocking down any airborne enemies that would for the most part, evade the majority of your damage. This skill has hybrid damage scalings and the skill damage, shockwave damage, and shockwave size scales with skill level. You're not going to be using this skill a whole lot since your demon magicians are great for tagging airborne enemies, but if you're dead set on taking it, only take 1 point in it.
    [​IMG]Finish! (Level 10)
    The Knight jumps forward and strikes down an enemy.

Finish! is literally what it sounds like, you stab downward and you bathe in the blood of your enemies. When enemies are knocked down, this skill does increased damage. As cool as it sounds, this skill isn't worth the sp investment so take a pass on it.
    [​IMG]Shield Defense (Level 10)

This skill lets you block enemy attacks, allowing you to counterattack after a successful block. Pressing direction keys and x together will perform a sword counter, which can stun an enemy. The skill has pure percent damage scalings and can grab enemies out of super armor status and guard status with the sword counter mechanic. As a Chaos Knight/Demon Queen, this skill does nothing for us. Leave it alone.
    [​IMG]Lethal Punto (Level 10)

Your skill when you have the uncontrollable desire to shank a bitch. Holding the skill key down will charge up the skill to deal additional damage and increases the skill range. This skill does physical damage and is pure percentage scaling, something that the Chaos knight does not need. Leave it alone.
    [​IMG]Disarm (Level 15)
    The knight fires a cog shaped wheel at enemies that disarms them

Recommendation: Personal Preference
    Disarm is quite useful as it works like the Disenchant skill on F. Mages. Charging the skill results in a longer disarm debuff. While it utilizes pure percentage scalings, its main use will be to debuff enemies, the damage and attack/defense debuff scales with skill level. Its completely up to you if you want to take this.
    [​IMG]Defensive Stance (Level 15)
    Defensive stance is a passive change to Shield Defense, allowing you to move and dash during this skill in exchange for an increased cooldown. In exchange, it also increases the damage reduction on the skill by 10%. I honestly wouldn't bother with this.
    [​IMG]Quick Rebound (Level 1)
    Recommendation: Max
    This skill allows you to quickly recover from being knocked down, giving you invincibility frames and a very brief super armor buff when you get up from crouching. Skill gives 3 seconds of invulnerability and 0.3 seconds of super armor. This skill is an absolute must-have and can help you get out of alot of gimmicks in later dungeons.
    [​IMG]Leap (Level 10)
    Leap is a buff that allows you to jump higher. We have very little use for this so I feel that its not worth the SP investment.
    [​IMG]Throw Mastery (Level 10)
    Throw Mastery increases the attack power of throwing items. Unfortunately we are not Brawlers or Sub-class thieves trying to level up because "Muh Kunochi/Shadow Dancer". Leave it alone.
    [​IMG]Ancient Memory (Level 15)
    Recommendation: Personal preference
    Ancient Memory provides a decent boost in Intelligence. While this skill is good for leveling, I feel that it becomes completely outclassed by BrainStorm. To put this in prespective:
    Max Level Ancient Memory Provides +150 INT for 20 Seconds
    Max Level BrainStorm Provides +330 INT, +28% Attack Speed, and increases your Demon Solider and Magician Count by 5 and 3 respectfully for 24 seconds
    I don't see the reason why you would need Ancient Memory after getting Brain Storm, but if you're desperate for more INT, the option is there.
    [​IMG]Indomitable Spirit (Level 15)
    Indomitable Spirit is a buff that allows you to withstand hostile attacks with super armor. As a Chaos Knight, you should never be a position that would warrant you using this buff. Take a pass on it.
    [​IMG]Physical Critical Hit (Level 20)
    This is a passive buff to your physical critical hit rate. Since you do primarily Magic damage, you'll want to skip this passive.
    [​IMG]Physical Rear Attack (Level 20)
    Same as above but it increases the critical rate for back facing enemies. For the same reasons as above, I recommend skipping this
    [​IMG]Magical Critical Hit (Level 20)
    This is a passive buff to your magical critical hit rate. Magic Crit applies to demon soldiers and magicians so its worth the investment for increased damage potential
    [​IMG]Magical Rear Attack (Level 20)
    Same as above but increases the critical rate for back facing enemies. You don't necessarily need this since you do alot of damage to begin with, but i'll leave that up to you.
    [​IMG]Conversion (Level 20)
    Conversion is probably the most overlooked skill/passive in the entire game. This allows you to change the damage typing of all shared skills from either physical damage to magical damage. You can also set it to default to leave their damage types the way that they were. Chaos knights don't really need to utilize it but other classes can benefit greatly from the damage type conversion.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  3. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Hybrid (CLASS CHANGE)
    Chaos can only use short swords. Changes your basic attacks to magic damage attacks. This passive is amazing to chaos knights and contributes greatly to your overall DPS.
    [​IMG]Guardian: Evil God Aten (CLASS CHANGE)
    Passive skill that revives the chaos knight and protects her. Sacrifices demons to extend its own duration while creating a barrier for allies and hits enemies with laser beams for damage. This passive helps you greatly when mistakes are made.
    [​IMG]Tech Tree: Demon Solider(CLASS CHANGE)
    [​IMG]Tech Tree: Demon Magician (CLASS CHANGE)

These 2 skills will serve as your means to summon your demons. While you can always just place the demon skill to your skill bar, in later levels you'll have access to 10 demons total and that tends to take up alot of unneeded space. The layout will always be:
    Demon Soliders:
    Space : Summon Solider Voras
    Up: Summon Gelatin Mask Jason
    Down: Summon Hysterical Warrior Bloke
    Left: Summon Crazy Spin Igor
    Right: Summon Big Daddy Martin
    Demon Magicians:
    Space: Summon Lucky Wacky
    Up: Summon Twinkle Artist Barbie
    Down: Summon Rage Hat Lupin
    Left: Summon Heart Queen Elisa
    Right: Summon Vampire Child Shiloh
    [​IMG]Do Not Attack! (Level 15)

This skill orders your summons to follow you without attacking anything. This skill is a must have for situations where you need to stop attacking to avoid dungeon gimmicks or to complete any quests where you're not supposed to break anything.
    *OPINION*
    This is a point Chaos Knight begins to shine over the other pet classes. Summoner and Necromancer have to utilize various methods to control the AI of their pets in order to set up DPS. Summoners have Summoner Train; which is used to have their summons follow you, and Mark the Target; which is needed for summons to focus down enemies otherwise they'll just mill around . Necromancers have Obedient Ghost, which changes Nicholas's AI. All a Chaos Knight has to do is to issue the order to either attack or not attack. Demons already know to follow you and to attack anything that gets near you without orders being given.
    [​IMG]Demon Wall (Level 15)
    Temporarily Solidify your demon soliders to act as a barricade against enemies

This skill is good in the fact that it repositions your demon soliders and blocks you from hostiles. After the wall duration, it explodes and the demons retain that formation. Explosion damage is based on what demon soliders were used in the barricade. The scaling on this spell isn't that great to warrant a heavy SP investment. Take 1 point for the Utility and for pre-req for other skills.
    Demon Explosion Damage from Highest to Lowest: Big Daddy, Crazy Spin, Hysteric Warrior, Gelatin Mask, Voras
    Summon Soldier Voras (Level 15)
    Recommendation: Level 1
    Voras is our starting Demon Solider summon. He provides decent damage for early levels but should be left at one in favor for other summons. HP, damage and Summon Level scale with skill level while Summon Duration does not.
    Attacks:
    -Solider Slash: Attacks Enemies with a Sword
    -Solider Jump: Jumps and Slashes Enemies
    Summon Magician: Lucky Wacky (Level 15)
    Lucky Wacky is our starting Demon Magician and like her soldier counterpart, should be left at one in favor for other summons. Her HP, Damage, and Level scale with skill level. Her Piercing Rate is set at 100%
    Attacks:
    -Clover Shot: Shoots energy waves at Enemies
    -Spade Shot: Shoots piercing energy waves at Enemies
    [​IMG] Sacrifice Bomb (Level 20)
    Kick a demon solider out in front to take one for the team. Causes an explosion based on the demon sacrificed.

Sacrifice Bomb is such a vital part of our damage that it should be maxed under every circumstance. The Explosion Effect changes with the demon solider sacrificed.
    Voras and Big Daddy: No Additional effects, however Big Daddy Explosion is considerably larger than Voras
    Hysteric Warrior: Explosion and Bleed Damage
    Gelatin Mask: Explosion and Movespeed Slow
    Crazy Spin: Damage and Multi Hit Twister
    The slow chance on Mask will scale with level, whereas the twister hit interval, bleed, and slow chance will not (Bleed and Slow are at 100% chance)
    [​IMG] Resonance (Level 20)
    Chaos Knight swings her sword at enemies while vibrating demon soldiers.

Recommendation: 1 (SKILL IS CURRENTLY BUGGED)
    Resonance is a great skill for holding down mobs of enemies. Enemies that hit your demon soldiers are immobilized and receive multi-hit damage and confusion. Demons are to get an attack buff after the resonance releases them. This skill currently is bugged where minions do not receive the attack buff so the skill is pointless to invest into past level 1. Once its fixed, max it out.
    Summon Soldier: Hysteric Warrior Bloke (Level 20)
    Recommendation: MAX
    Hysteric Warrior is one of our core summons, providing great sustained damage and provides bleed status to enemies. Damage, Bleed Chance, Bleed Damage, Madness Attack Increase, Wild Ram Charges, and Buff Duration all Scale with skill level so maxing it is obvious.
    Attacks:
    -Head Ram: Jumps and strikes enemies to the ground
    -Wild Ram: Wildly Hammers Enemies
    -Hammer Spin: Attacks While Spinning
    -Madness: Buffs attack by unleashing anger at regular intervals
    Fancy Twist (Level 25)
    Fancy Twist is our main grouping tool, vacuuming in nearby enemies to stack them up for other abilities. The skill also pulls your demons around you into a circle formation while buffing your defense and your summon's defense. While the damage and defensive buffs both scale with skill level, this skill is best left at 1 for its utility since the damage scaling isn't too great.
    Wicked Transfustion (Level 25)
    Wicked Transfusion is a buff that allows you to increase your summon's Strength and Intelligence by damaging them. The demons all gain massive damage reduction so that you don't kill them and this buff can sack up to 5 times. Only downside is that the buff only lasts around 8 seconds.
    Summon Solider: Twinkle Artist (Level 25)
    Twinkle Artist is a great summon to add to your arsenal since they can lower enemy elemental resistances, causing your to hit even harder. Twinkle artist also has the unique ability to copy enemies, but keep in mind, there are certain enemies that you cannot copy. Damage, Elemental Brush Duration, Elemental Debuff, and Copy Damage scales with skill level.
    Abilities:
    -Paint Shot: Shoots paint at enemies
    -Elemental Brush: Lowers enemy elemental resistances
    -Copy!: Creates a close of enemies. Attacking these clones sends multiplied damage to the main body. Copies can only take 3 hits.
    Summon Soldier: Gelatin Mask Jason (Level 25)
    Gelatin Mask is interesting because he the only summon that slows down enemies. Outside of his axe swing ability, he's rather limited in his uses. Some players would only take 1 point for the utility and pre-reqs for crazy spin, but the movespeed reduction ammount does scale with skill level so it can be a decent sp dump later on.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  4. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    RESERVED

5. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    RESERVED

6. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    RESERVED

7. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    RESERVED

8. Chimichurro Wild Trash

Does this class really need multiple guides?

9. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    You can turn around and use that statement towards any class to be honest.
    Regardless on people's feelings about the class, I feel that an updated resource for new and returning players is worth it.

10. Grimmeh the edgy idiot

IGN:
    Grimmii
    Server:
    Cain
    different people have different opinions on a class and its good to hear them all. i have seen 3-5 guides for a single class in maplestory and elsword

11. Dowiet Fucking Psychopath

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    dont forget the list the many issues the class is dealing with atm like how hit is currently useless and resonance is bugged etc

12. DirtyDollaz

IGN:
    Buttse
    Mcrit works on minions atm. Just tested it on voras.

13. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Thank you, i tried testing it in arena and i wasn't getting positive results. Thank you for clarifying this. ^.^
    I dont see resonance getting fixed anytime soon. Maybe when they decide to give us that rebalance patch that gives us Sword of Chaos.

14. Dowiet Fucking Psychopath

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    of course which is why it's important to let those who have no clue know.

15. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Guide should be finished by the end of next week. Been preparing for finals :(

16. Enoch the Fierce Quit.

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    ummmmm Whats so bad about playing Chaos Knight

The only salty people i seen that hate this class and its players are the ones from 4chan. Everywhere else, everyone is impressed on how Gcrush is a 1hko.

17. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    besides the various glitches there isnt anything really bad about playing it. Some new people may be put off by the amount of salt other players would give them for being a chaos knight. Just letting them know what to expect.

18. Dowiet Fucking Psychopath

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    damn i want free salt

19. Axia Neople Plz

IGN:
    Too Damm Many
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Done with my exams for the summer. Guide will be finished shortly

20. Emtai

Is this never going to be finished ?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)