DFO Megathread - Everyone's Favorite Area Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jay, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwi-poi

Is there anyone here with experience as a volunteer for DFOG / Neople? I'm curious as to what kind of work they're expected to do, especially with the bar set high requiring knowledge, dedication, full resume, and even Skype interview. It doesn't sound like one of those casual volunteer works where you're just keeping an eye on things and reporting back to HQ for suspicious findings during your shift, or yelling on the sidewalks handing out promotional flyers and all; No this actually sounds like it requires you to put most of your time, not only your game-time, to be Neople's eyes and ears and to make detailed reports of the state of DFOG in-game every so often. That is actual work, not just volunteer.

Aside from that, as far as I know, for-profit companies aren't allowed to hire volunteers... They can hire interns though, with the expectation that they would benefit from this experience to be used as a reference for finding a similar job at the same / another company.

2. Cyrus99

Guild:
    Dream
    Finally hit level 10 explorer only to find out that there's now level 11 explorer with 90 cap. Plus I've already leveled every character I want to bother playing. New M. Mage subs and F. Priest when?

3. Pyros

I've leveled a bunch of chars I barely had any interest in due to events and stuff. My original beta assist fbrawler got to 85 last week from egene pills and hell weekend normal pills. Turns out it's kinda fun to play if the 2nd was permanent instead of this stupid 10secs downtime shit.

Also you get a bunch of points for leveling chars to 90, so just take a few you like to 90 and you'll get it too. I posted the actual numbers in here a few pages back.

On the CM job, sounds like a pain in the ass tbh. It probably wouldn't be too much work, but it's still work at this point. You have to attend meetings and what not, which means having to be present at set times, you have to do reports I would assume regularily, even though most of the time there won't be much to report and so on. I think they'd be better off doing surveys and shit like some other devs do. Most of the stuff the community wants is fairly straightforward, ban the hackers, give good events, give more avatars, give KR content(but since they're now caught up with CN/JP I'm pretty sure they have no real choice there and will just release content on the same speed as everyone else). That's pretty much every report's content.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. Acy

Q:How many cubes should you use on boats?
    A: ALL the cubes! Make sure to confuse yourself first and attack that evil cannon! :huh::godzing:

• Funny x 5
    • Idol x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • Classy x 1
    • List
  5. The Winged Professor だが断る!

Q: How many times must you give Eugene hugs to clear Cutting off the Energy?
    A: Many hugs. He's very friendly. Side effect is your saint/support may want to murder you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • List
  6. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

It makes me wonder...since we are getting ever closer to being caught up (I know we never will be fully) I wonder if they are recruiting CA's to maybe help with finding out what the players want so they can mold the game a bit more to our liking and making it an actually unique version without giving us the "unique experience".

7. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    i don't know if i'd trust some of the casuals that play 2 million characters at once with being a CM to begin with

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  8. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

Well they did ask for phone and skype information, so it is likely they will conduct interviews of a sort, but maybe not.

9. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    ask a CM thats a casual with 2937423 alts to monitor hackers in raid channel

except they can't, because they get PTSD from stepping into raid channel because they've failed it every time from lack of gear

10. SillyCow Cat Pig Cow Man

IGN:
    Synchroneity
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey now, I'm sensitive about that, no need to tell everyone. :eyes:

• Idol Idol x 2
    • Classy Classy x 1
    • List
  11. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    not you luckpig :boxhide:

12. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

Personally never been in raid myself, but honestly if someone needed assistance I would do everything in my power to find the information they were looking for.

I guess in that sense I would not make a good CA then because even then I couldn't get actual advice and my advice would just be mirrored sayings from elsewhere...

13. Orphane Za Earringu

Server:
    Cain
    is there any point to shitting on people who don't live up to your arbitrary standards of hardcore vs casual

not like you would be a better choice as CM due to the precarious height of your horse

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Burn Burn x 5
    • Classy Classy x 1
    • List
  14. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    make me CM so I can ban everyone and fix the game

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 2
    • Idol Idol x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. DaikiAomine

IGN:
    DaikiAomine
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Not that committed tbh, when this game hardly rewards effort vs pig luck; was just playing devil's advocate xd

16. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    they will probably read your post on nexus and they see stuffs like this and dont hire u as CM lol

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  17. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    If CAs didn't have ban power the first time, they're not getting it the second time.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  18. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Id never install skype just so I could meme on neople.

I dont wanna be a CM, it requires me to take care of the babies that is the player base, I have enough kids irl, I dont need more in game!

19. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    i don't want to be a CM because i can't stand you hoes

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  20. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

You got some karina on you, might wanna wash that off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)