DFO Megathread - Apple Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jay, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Bladester

An argument I have always thought was nonsensical and borderline retarded. Nobody cares if Knight or Lancer or whoever gets left out, I dont know a single person who doesn't have at least 1 other alt besides those.

2. My guess on what the next avatar package: battlesuit since it's the patch where they updated their security. Cyber police reporting for duty!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. The Winged Professor だが断る!

I'm pretty curious what the new weekly system is like.

4. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    As am I, this is the kinda system I love in games, Trove has a system where like each day of the week has a different bonus to aspects of the game, like farming, grinding, crafting, whatever. So each day of the week you can do something different and get like 1.5x progress, its super fun.

if they give Flavor of the week dungeon rewards that are actually good, Ill be shit socking that stuff to get good prizes. only problem I see is in other games where this type of system exists, it isnt daily, since this will be "Limited" rewards, it might not be that fun.

5. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Knights and lancer are literally boogeymans

Broom is like the only type where all 75-85 epics are decent right?

6. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    A bit late, but Gerri mentioned the three packages that people have been talking about/speculating, which happened to include Doppel. Doppel gets mentioned on Reddit a bit more than it does here.

7. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Broom is good, Katana is actually quite good for zerker/wm, cause dainsleif is stupid decent.

Autoguns are all decent for male mech.

Bowguns are actually kinda ok too!

8. Racky

Actually there is a reason. There's a known and well studied cognitive bias called anchoring, or the anchoring and adjustment heuristic. The value given (NPC Value) acts an anchor which subconsciously influences the person's judgement of the object's actual value, such as how much they should list it for. Y'all should educate yourselves more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring

How this works for LT items:
    The majority of LT items likely come from Average players who probably don't even visit community sites let alone follow the market incredibly in-depth. Because it's a rare item they don't normally get, they look at it, and want to see the value of it so they can sell it. They see 30 Mil as the NPC price, so they'll want at least 30 million for it and try their luck getting a bit more on the AH. What do they list it for? Just a bit more than the NPC price. Yes things start high, people undercut, and some can try to monopolize, but generally the price falls and is weighted or anchored to some degree by the NPC Price.

There's actually an example of this, the first time Clone Rare Boxes came out. Clone rare set was like 100 mil? The boxes started at 50mil ish and gradually fell to 40 mil then 37 mil likely due to this heuristic in part.

People claim the that it's exclusively because Neople adjusted the rates, but how do people actually know that?
    No one I know of personally opens enough Lost Treasures to personally know due to variance; just like Hell Mode you need a lot of runs to get a reasonable guess due to the low chance and variance, this ends up being a ridiculous amount of keys. I don't see any accurate community pool of Lost Treasure rates either. And it could just be less LT being opened, for various reasons like less keys floating around, assumed increase in rarity due to increased price . There's also the possibility of a Self-fulfilling prophecy: low item count on AH -> low rates rumor-> less LT opening -> low item count on AH -> low rates rumor...

So yes there actually is a well known psychological reason why the NPC Value is important.

• Agree x 7
    • Informative x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Classy x 1
    • Idol x 1
    • Burn x 1
    • List
  9. Takeshi [ ♔ ]

IGN:
    Toraku
    Guild:
    Auxilium
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't think I'd mind any of the speculated sets. I just took a look at all three and all of the male mage ones are great imo. :mmage:
    Though the one I want the most is definitely Arthurian.

10. Duo

IGN:
    Lazaflame
    They did adjust the rates.

11. tsumugii a tomato

1st clone box release had higher pulls cause you got clone box from both the 15m and 30m slots

2nd release is less cause the box only pulls from the 30m slot

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    to compound the issue, with 90 cap, grandine becomes non-optimal for people's mains, ergo keys are relegated to places that aren't worth farming.

13. Pyros

That's what I assumed happened with the first box too, it was the only LT reward back then, no 15m box for some weird reason, and honestly it felt a lot of ppl were getting them. I myself got 3 during that month(granted 2 of them were the same pull, I got them on double one). Purely anecdotical, but that's how it felt and how I've seen most ppl felt about the box back then, it was fairly common. It retained a high value because it was stupidly good, and while I wasn't playing most of the time before, was the first time they ever did such a box correct? It helped regulate the clone market which was super dead at the time.

The current one was more expensive, but it was still excelent value due to how stupid the rare clones are to acquire in general. It also felt a lot less common, maybe because this time there was a 15m. There's also a lot of ppl who buy some keys who complained about lower droprates recently(basically when they removed the prices). No one buys enough keys to know for sure really since the rates are hidden and low enough you'd need stupid amount of keys to even get a good approximation.

On the anchoring thing, while interesting, I don't think this plays that much of a role in this situation. I don't think people price items based on their NPC values, but based on the AH value, regardless. There might be an unconscious move towards undercutting faster because of the perceived value of the box("if I get more than 30m I'm still making money"), but that's about it. Legendaries that drop are worth like 10-20k gold at the vendor. People don't go "oh well that's worth 20k, I'm gonna list it at 100k and be making good money!". They check the AH, see that every legendary is at least 3m, maybe they find the particular legendary they're listing there too and will list at a similar price. Same for everything really. The value people use as anchorage isn't the NPC price, but the AH price.

The vendor price has more issues imo than advantages, while it might slightly skew prices lower, the fact that anyone with 500m-1b can buy dozens/hundreds of boxes to stockpile them will fuck the prices back up right away. Prices are more likely to go down if there's a lot of listing on the AH than if there's few of them.

14. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Was thinking of choosing cross but

That 75 cross and the 85 Battle Cross that is status reliant :V

15. Apple Yawning

IGN:
    Apple
    Well All I know is that since the removal of the npc price shits been higher
    Thats all i'm saying seems to make all the sense but what do I know about this games economics zz

16. Pyros

But at the same time a lot of ppl claim stuff is rarer since that time too, so that'd also explain it. Who knows though.

Anyway I was thinking, they made an event out of the terranium merchant, and now they're making an event out of the ToDes rework. Maybe they should make an event out of the ancient quest rework until they patch that in too, like make the boss drop mat pots like on seasonal server.

17. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

It looks like sets gunners have already gotten on dfog...

Also priests already have a shit ton of good options FOH

18. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    i remember buying rare clone boxes for 32m each

NPC price is needed imo

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Takeshi [ ♔ ]

IGN:
    Toraku
    Guild:
    Auxilium
    Server:
    Cain
    Eh even without the hat I don't like the set on M.Gunner either lol. Priest is the only one that seems to fit to me out of the entire bunch. Then again as far as M.Gunner avatars go nothing is going to compare to Interstellar Sniper for me so I'm biased.

[​IMG]

20. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

I could care less about LT's personally, I would rather them just add in things that would help the market permanently than temporary fixes in LT's.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 3)

1. Waldo,
  2. Flashy,
  3. dainasor,
  4. Sanshou