DFO Megathread - Apple Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jay, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes.

but seriously, translation a language like Korean to English is more work that it might seem since they have to adjust the UI for the longer character strings, among other things.

2. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Dunno, though it seemse these days one reason is keeping them in line with cDnF/AS

3. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    On top of this, sometimes sentences have to be reworded entirely, and it has to be done in a way that not only fits the UI, but makes sense.
    Sometimes that's harder than you'd figure, especially if you wanna keep the wording as close as possible without sounding awkward. Takes more time than "Okay, that's what it says in Korean, I'll just slap down this sentence and I'm good to go."

4. SIUnit A filthy casual

Guild:
    Factory
    lol typical MJ on stream

5. ShineSprite Spam nenshot

IGN:
    ShineSprite
    Server:
    Cain
    i just went into the stream and the first thing i hear is MJ telling people to kill themselves. :v

6. Arrol

and the guy looked at the naughty stuff at work too

7. Futa Looney for the Luna

Oh my word this stream is so hard to watch, i cant do it anymore i tap out

8. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
    Denied infinite patch L M A O.

9. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    No Infinite Patch in favor of Unique Experience Daily Challenges with "good rewards" and a Unique Experience Todes Clone that isn't Tower of Grief but has revamped ToDes Pot as a reward :fupa3:

10. tsumugii a tomato

when the best update was news of getting google 2fa

11. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Our update schedule doesn't make sense anymore. They're cherry picking whatever they want.

12. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

Haven't they always kinda done that though? I mean, sometimes we predict this and that and it's right, but most times shit came so out of order that often times broke other things unintentionally, a good example being the massive amount of EXP gains that Gracia Ship was giving everyone and caused multiple false-flagged bans.

13. Well at least they added more security. Now for the next quality of life fix: option to turn off censor.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  14. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I just want crusader rework

15. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    How is a non-content update such as Warship Gracia the same as picking any update within the last 9 or so months - any update at any point - and releasing it? And how's the fact Warship Gracia came with a broken amount of exp, of its own accord, got anything to do with releasing content out of order?
    We've gotten some stuff slightly out of order before, sure, but can you name a time when they decided to cherry pick release something that came out in Korea rather recently over stuff we've been waiting for for much longer? Stuff that's probably more important to the general population overall(buffs and reworks).

Not sure what I'm being Late'd for. Unless I have terribly memory, we haven't gotten updates this out of order since, like, Knight vs. FSlayer's release, two years ago at the START of DFOG's lifetime. Everything else has been relatively sane with only a bit of switching done at times. Please enlighten me if I'm forgetting something.

16. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

Knight before F.Slayer.
    I believe we got the original male mage seconds before we even had kunoichi or shadow dancer.
    Most recently we even had Pandemonium a good bit before we got the new M.Mages or their seconds.
    Not to mention the oodles of things we got that came out after the raid in KDNF, but we got before them before raid even released over here.

On the note of breaking things, I do seem to recall something being broken by introducing things later or sooner than they should have been, but that could be me just remembering them wrong to begin with.

17. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    China is only just now on the verge of getting Infinite (and more).
    http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-45593616-1-1.html
    Our updates aren't any more weird than usual.

Not sure where Japan stands. Only have this link 'cuz someone else sent it to me earlier today.

18. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    I did mention Knight vs FSlayer, so I'll give you that one. That was at the very start of DFOG's lifetime however, when things were still fresh and unrefined for the staff.

We got the awakenings for EB and Glacial before Shadow Dancer, but after Kunoichi. It was kind of a special case since it was the AiO patch though, and they were shoveling in as much of the more relevant stuff as possible. New class releases aren't as relevant as an existing class getting their Awakenings, so.

Pandemonium before MMages is a decent exchange too, but just barely. The difference between content that's ~2 months apart (Pan and MMages) and content that's ~5-7 months apart (Infinite patch and Ancient rework/Tower revamp) is pretty big. For the former, that's basically switching a release around with the one that came RIGHT after it, vs. ignoring a set release schedule and deciding the recent releases are more important than the oldest releases we don't have. Flipping a release around with another isn't quite the same as ignoring 5 or so months worth of updates to release an update that came 4 months ago (Infinite was released about 9 months ago in KDNF, Ancient rework about 4 months ago in KDNF).

I forgot to say this in my original post, but Raid doesn't count. They withheld it from us because they didn't think we could handle it, not because they decided all the precursor releases to Raid were more important than it.

19. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Pretty sure they have a set release schedule which is why they announce wuts coming up in the first place. We just sit here on our asses and guess wuts next.

20. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I said earlier they were making things the same as the other two areas. I'd say this bunch of events isn't a total loss.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 3)

1. Waldo,
  2. Flashy,
  3. dainasor,
  4. Sanshou