Desperado Guide

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by gongfuren, Jun 4, 2014.

1. gongfuren Arma Virumque Cano

IGN:
    Malakeh
    Hello, Rangers.

I am a writer of the Desperado Guide website. I haven't really modified anything in it for a long time, and I realize that it will mostly be outdated when the proper new version of DFO is released. I am sure there are some players here already familiar with the changes to the class. So, seeing as it would be a big shame to let such a beneficial resource become old and useless, I would like to ask for experienced players to help bring and keep the website up to date, even if I should one day quit the game (though I don't see this happening anytime soon). Simply send me a private message saying that you want to help, and I will grant you editor access to the website (know that you will need a Google account, since it is hosted for free on Google Sites).

Even if you don't want to directly edit the site, you can post information directly in this thread, or let me know where such information is posted, and I'll be sure to add it myself when I get the opportunity. Please be very thorough in describing exactly what is missing and what should be changed.

2. Keikaku The Unrelenting Storm

IGN:
    Kakuseizero
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey guys, mega bump but I'll be revamping a ton of content on this guide to fit our current patches though can't do too much about 2nds skills till Tuesday.
    If you guys have any questions or anything you'd like me to add, PM/post it in the thread.

Revision history:
    8/14/2015 - Updated the skills to be current, removed tp section and cancels along with adding the 75s and 80s skills. Also updated the intro the the subclass with desperado+raven lore and a short humorous summary of each. Started working on the revamped chron sets and what they do.

8/15/2015 - Got the chron section up to date. Do not quite know the specifics of the 2nd otherverse sets as much as I do the 3rd otherverse sets. Will start trying to bring the equipment section up to date as best as I can. Decided to get the FaQ section up to date as well. Added constraint 9 precise vid and Elol's ranger rod vid to the misc section. Updated Epic weapons section to include 75-85 epics. Updated magic seal section and updated unique revolvers to include 75s-80s.

8/16/2015 - Getting closer to 2nds B O I S! With that, getting a lot closer to hopefully finishing with updating the guide in time for 2nds. Started updating the epic accessories section, expected to possibly get to sub equips, magic stones, and maybe armor sets today. Will probably update unique accessories and armors tomorrow.

8/17/2015 - Slower than I thought, finished the epic accessory section essentially. Completed Magic Stone and Sub equips, still doing armor pieces for epics.

8/18/2015 - Spent most of the day enjoying 2nds, so updated the chameleon set and some of the 2nd awaken skills.

9/6/15 - Sorry ya'll, long hiatus, so my bad. Anyways, wrapped up epic armor section, starting to fill in unique accessories, will try to see if I can make a gameplay tips section or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. AdventSign

? The link to the guide doesn't work. :(

4. ArcLight Hiatus

The guide was made like a year ago, it's pretty outdated at this point and doesn't really give much on equipment.

Only thing you need to know is to drop Windmill's extensions and go full gun-related skills at level 85 after you get Revolver Improvement and Headshot Mastery. Windmill and Mach kick literally becomes Stylish-procs afterwards.

5. stepitup

gonna need a pvp guide cooked up as well

6. Keikaku The Unrelenting Storm

IGN:
    Kakuseizero
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    Well, since the link doesn't work anymore, guess it's gone so...yeah guess we'll need a new one or something.
    Anyways, in the interim I guess I could just go write up a newer batch sometime this week.
    Edit: Eh, nvm, the info is all around nexus, guess there's no need to write a guide for a simple class.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)