Demonic Lancer's Battle addiction?

Discussion in 'Lancer' started by EdwinLi, Aug 24, 2016.

1. EdwinLi

Now we got some english translation of the full story it seems no matter the path DL choose he becomes a battle addict.
    Skirmisher leads him to want to fight people worthy of a good duel.
    Vanguard leads him to want to fight people who can provide a decent challenge.

In the end the only difference is their choice on powers/abilities. I am curious how will neople handle possible future sub-class for DL assuming he ever gets new sub-classes.

So what do you think about the Demonic Lancer's path to battle addiction?

2. moritsuna

Hmm, if we're following the trend we need 1 dark magic subclass and a dual wielding subclass. Maybe the dark one is the one that gives up his battle addiction. But we need dual wield lancer!

[​IMG]

3. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    I can see several ideas for future classes and most of them involve having a form of thirst for battle too. Thought of 3 so far. One that gives into Sirocco's power, using dark magics and collects the souls of dead enemies to give him more power through skills. One that's more acrobatic and retains the entire energy of the demonic lance inside him through intense training through physique and athletic bow staff combat. Then of course either a dual wielder or a pole-arm/axe spin to win variant similar to that of the vanguard/p.exo. I can't wait to see the ideas they implement and I hope they use something that actually shows how powerful sirocco was through a magic variant subclass. Would make for nice dialogue when you come across Aganzo too, mistaking your energy for Sirocco's after Roxy already sacrificed herself.

Just have to keep in mind that most of the ideas are based around getting revenge to the empire that captured him. I would like to see one subclass that actually uses sirocco's power and somewhat joins the empire out of sheer thirst for battle.

4. Starstruck

Speaking of which, it may be just a translation error but when given the choice to join either of the three factions vying for the players attention at Zelva, it seems D.Lancer's preferred option is actually the Joint Investigations group. He goes out of the way to point out that Princess Isabella doesn't appear to remember a mere gladiator like him and that working with her could further his goal... whatever that is. It's never implicitly stated, could be revenge... (being close with the imperial princess could potentially get him within arms reach of emperor leon, or he could take her hostage when Hound Cyrus isn't looking.) or he could be aiming to have the imperial arena shut down, or at the very least abolish gladiatoral slavery.

5. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Personally, I'd like it if they made a Lancer subclass that uses numerous/countless "spirit" spears materialized from Sirocco's power. Think of an awakening that literally cuts an enemy to pieces in a death swarm of magical spears. That'd be cool.

I don't think we need more classes that have a theme around the dead/undead/souls, though.

6. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    I wish I was able to slow down enough to notice dialogue specifics for the lancer x.x, this event rushed me a bit.
    [​IMG]

Idk, I understand we have enough dead resembling classes with souls and zombies etc. However I'd like something that actually uses the demonic lance sirocco power, like how in the video all the enemies have a small glowing purple orb(their soul) and he absorbs it to make a powerful energy burst. Something like a mix between the dimension walker and lancer, having a buff that requires souls from trash mobs you kill that makes the skill more powerful or act differently.

7. Kiwi-poi

Hmm... the way I interpret it from the wiki's Skirmisher lore, it sounds more as if he's fighting not for fun, but to suppress the urges of the demonic lance. It did mention that he doesn't look happy even after winning numerous battles in the arena. I take it he's a "battle addict" in the sense that he's always fighting strong opponents to improve himself and take his mind off the demonic lance's true nature.

---

Other than that, I'd like to see a lancer class that specializes in aerial combat or juggling enemies. It'll almost be similar to skirmisher, but without mirage cancel mechanics and more ways to keep your opponents in the air, either through gimmicky aerial moves/skills, grabs/holds, etc. Another fun one would be something that utilizes "the Intangible" aspect of Sirocco's power and maybe transform his spear into a magic javelin that the lancer can control and turns him more into a ranged character instead of "long-melee".

And that was true about the Empire/Empyrean vs. Adventurer vs. Grim Seeker, oddly he mentioned something special about the investigation group so I joined that faction instead...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)