Damage, Defense and Criticals - The Damage Formula

Discussion in 'Guides & Game Mechanics' started by Rhaeven, May 23, 2014.

1. Rhaeven

IGN:
    Nachev
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Damage reduction is not affected by exo stat the same way offense is. The biggest penalty defense gets is the penalty towards vitality and spirit (which add a very small amount of defense and magic defense. But the damage reduction you get off of armor (whether it's def/mdef or flat % reduction) is not affected at all by exo.

Offense on the other hand... in almost all cases uses your str and int. And your str and int are affected by exo. So you'd be missing a large chunk of your damage if you go in without exo.

2. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    I apologize if this question is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it, and I'm unsure of my understanding of elemental chugga damage, like Dark Gothic or the Big Ghost cross. As far as I can tell:

If my basic, neutral/no element X attack does 100 damage (vs 0 defense, elemental resistance), I have 22 Dark attribute, and do +10% Dark Damage through an aforementioned mod: My extra hit would effectively do 11 damage in a Dark element. If this is accurate, then what if my X attack was a Fire element, and I also had 22 Fire attribute. Presumably my X attack would do 110 damage, but would my 10% Dark chugga do 11 (as before, not affected by increased Fire damage), or 12.1 (affected by increased Fire damage)? Would it be different for a ranged attack?

3. Rhaeven

IGN:
    Nachev
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    I am not familiar with how element specific chuggas work and when exactly they're calculated.

4. madchickins Flesh

if your basic attack is 100, and your dark attribute is 22, the first line you deal would be 110. The second line would be 1 (1.1 rounded down).
    To answer your question, presumably:
    your fire attack should deal 110, and your shadow additional elemental should inflict 1 (1.1 rounded down)
    The two elements act as separate variables and do not conflict with one another, but if there is an additional elemental mod then only that specific modifier proc it's relative element.
    here's my work you may check
    http://www.dfonexus.com/posts/257030/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. madchickins Flesh

i don't mean to double post but here is proof of how close elemental additional comes up to my actual damage (i'm using flare devil btw)
    ScreenShot2016_0204_144550324.jpg

6. SonowRaevius Azure Fox

Speaking of elemental damage I keep hearing various things.
    How much does 1 point in the element add to the amount of damage exactly?

7. Sanshou fite me irl!!! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

IGN:
    Lats / Versus
    Server:
    Cain
    quick question on crit smash: is it additive or multiplicative?

8. madchickins Flesh

Stated indirectly on the criticals post, crit smash is indeed multiplicative

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Satoro Blue Fist

So, what would greater increase the damage of a percentage class: 100 str or 75 physical attack?

10. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    Raw P attack.

11. Satoro Blue Fist

But wont 100 str give more Ph attack than 75 raw attack?

12. Sanshou fite me irl!!! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

IGN:
    Lats / Versus
    Server:
    Cain
    for the new 90 cap modifier "increase all atk," where does it fall on the damage formula?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)