D-Day: DFOG Female Spitfire Primer

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by nihil679, Sep 6, 2016.

1. nihil679

Hmm, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about set-ups I haven't seen, but it sounds like a legitimate set-up.

I asked around and was told that at some point the mixed shadow set-up would be better because the stats it gives will be more valuable as well as being more useful in a standard magic party (shadow res down). However, it sounds like you need to do some big legendary purchases, so it's up to you whether you'd prefer the slow and cheap grind for Gracia or just outright buying legendaries to make shadow setting (more?) feasible.
    Mainly you'd prefer to replace Dark Gothic Shoulders with Dead Captain's Bone Breastplate because it would give more shadow damage and useful stats compared to Dark Gothic Shoulders.
    Blooming Black Smoke Energy for sub-equipment for far more independent attack and extra shadow damage.
    And Ominous Giant Bat Pants for more shadow damage and shadow res down.
    With Gigantic Presence set and Code 608, this seems like a feasible set-up to me, but I've never used Gracia on any character so I don't know how strong it might be.

On the other hand, what other epics do you have that might supplement Gracia set-up? That might end up tipping the odds.

2. Safice

IGN:
    Rebelle
    Steam:
    Safice
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    Unfortunately I don't have much to supplement Gracia in terms of epics, the only things that would seem helpful are an Elemental Burn Sash, Netherworld Wind Shoes, and a Swift Chameleon Shoulder, all of which don't seem like they would be worth swapping out a piece of Gracia for.

3. nihil679

In that case, it's up to you to decide if you want to drop gold on the legendaries necessary to make shadow setting as good as it can get or default to Gracia grind.

Personally, I think you should stick to grinding for Gracia/Gigantic Presence for now. Rework is down the line, which means you should have more than enough time to finish them. In the meantime, if FSpitfire is your main, still do some Hell Modes (wait for Hell revamp or 90 cap, either or) to see what other epics you might get that will either supplement Gracia or outright replace it.

4. Safice

IGN:
    Rebelle
    Steam:
    Safice
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    Alright, thanks for the advice!

5. DFOlover

I wonder if sea god set + guild accs will be good for f spit after the rework

6. nihil679

Guild accessories, no. Bulky is still superior.
    Sea God itself is alright, but you can probably use any of the 3 legendaries post-rework anyways (Gracia, Sea God, Kartel).

7. nihil679

8. Kurai

Going through the swap list for Overcharge, Alloy Bowgun and Cartuse dont give Overcharge.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  9. nihil679

That's what I forgot to check.

Fixed. Thanks.

10. GoSxTragedy

Is there a specific build you recommend? Ive read through your guide and though you go through describing each skill, its more like a guide for those already seasoned on playing an Fspit and not so much for those looking into the class for the first time, UNLESS IM REALLY BLIND AND DIDNT SEE IT then I apologize.

11. nihil679

1 in Gravity, 1 in Quartermaster, pick only 1 bullet, max all relevant passives/buffs, max Flash Bang, max all skills going from bottom up.

I would have thought the skill descriptions in the guide would give a general idea on what you should level, the rest is up to you.

12. GoSxTragedy

Sorry, Im just very new to this class so I was a little lost with the guide. Thank you for such a quick response.

13. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
  14. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    As far as 3pc leg set bonuses go, would you choose Great Glory or Buried Scream? I've already got 6pc gracia and frankly I've never tinkered with a 3pc bonus with acc pieces to complement it before.

15. nihil679

The original go-to was Bulky, but I guess that's considered too long of a grind compared to Ancients now.
    Great Glory or Dusky might be ok? I'm not sure about Buried Scream on FSpit - you're generally going to be DPS role and I'd expect most people to center a party around the FSpit to include shred/hold as such.

16. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    I was never really told how long it would take to get Bulky piece, so I can't attest to that. Still I'm asking in regards to just solo stuff though. Might as well be Glory since the bracelet alone beats 3pc dusky in atkdmg%.

17. So, if I'm reading correctly grenade is no longer useful? I haven't played in some time. I currently have 9 piece Primitive Strike which is apparently obsolete now. How should I play Fspit? Spam aerial fire with flashbangs for crit modifiers? It's all a little confusing to me since I put so much time into the old Fspit and am used to crazy grenade spam.

18. Icaro [3 Steps Ahead]

IGN:
    Yuyokochan/Kaalu
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    Freeze nade does have utility as it can still freeze enemies, alright damage if you have a lot of Water ele, aside that, they are pretty much meh when double throw chance got deleted. But don't fret, our new skills does crazy damage in conjuction to flash nade and the booster bullet passive.

You'll still spend more of your time in the air since that's our thing, but now we have more skills to use and their damage are pretty up there. normally you'll Flash nade-> Shoot -> skills.
    Primitive strike is indeed obsolete, you are better of getting a ancient set like gracia, sea dog or dusky than a ov set. You'll still want to do OV to get 6pc extra clip for buff swapping overcharge.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)