Crosses in PVP

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Vince Omega, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    I was thinking. Given the current nature of pvp, and the fact that totems and crosses have pretty much the same attack speed. Would a cross actually be more beneficial, given you have enough attack speed to swap it in place of a scythe. You get Vit, Magical and Physical Defense. That has to be a big boost in terms of surviving a little longer. Anyone actually mess around with this?

EDIT:
    So I was messing around with a level 80 superior purple cross and it gave me around 1k more def and 25k more HP while it was equipped. My attack speed was around 34 however, I would be willing to try this out if I could somehow reach 40 with a cross equipped.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Do you need 40 attack speed? Thought you only needed 30-35 for most standing combo stuff (Don't study PvP or play it enough to know all the specifics)

3. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    I think so. Even though you will be able to do most of the things you will need to do at 30-35 attack speed, you won't be able to reliably do things like floor scraping into a mgj pickup for all weight classes. It also helps excute your smasher cancel -> mgj/chopping/EC easier. Not to mention, attack speed affects will driver so that helps you plant the giant weapon down faster at match start.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)