Chase Launcher and other skill keys / inputs

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by saccharin, Apr 7, 2015.

1. what do y'all use for this skill? I've played with several different keys to use, and I have yet to find a comfortable set-up for it - I currently run the asdfgv for hotkeys and chaser launcher is on v

I've tried shift once I think a long time ago and that felt kinda clunky as well

and as a secondary question, which skills do you input and which ones do you hotkey? with modified inputs?

2. I switched attacking from X to S and made X a hotkey. Chaser Launcher is on D and Punto Wave is F making it less annoying for my fingers to repeatedly tap Chaser Launcher with either of them.
    The only skills aside from buffs that I manually input is Chaser Press so far, but I'm only 44 so I don't have all of the abilities yet. My logic was that I want low CD constantly used attacks to have hotkeys so one time uses like Chaser Press I'll leave to manual input. I like to have space bar inputs be used for buffs so abilities like Chaser press will use Z in the input.

3. Virsh Casual

I switched jump to L-shift so I could have launcher on C while still being able to backstep easily with down+jump. Having launcher right next to your basic attack is handy.
    Deciding on inputs is a pain because you need something simple enough that it doesn't take forever to key in, but not so simple that you'll ever do it accidentally. Because of that, I'm still messing with them and don't have anything finalized.

4. Ancientmoose Meteor Dash

I manual input every skill except chaser launcher :fmage: (controller)

Chaser Launcher is bound to left trigger as its easy to mash.

I can't even imagine mashing that button all day on a keyboard without killing my wrists.

5. Orbus

Its on R2 on my controller.

6. Dubin carried by fmage

Chasr Prs is god you must spam it
    Nah, just joshin'. The class buffs/rebalance/etc. make me excitebike to get to lvling my BestMage again '3' X buttan and Chaser Lunch is the strongest buttons? WHAT IS THIS SOPHISTRY
    I use pretty much the same logic as everyone here. I'm too used to classic "movement on left, action buttons on right" gamepad design so I always re-key my hotkeys to WASD movement + IJKL action buttons. Chaser Launch is on U, so it's relatively easy to switch to piano rolling between attack and launch. '3'
    Marvel vs Capcom 3 had basically the right idea. Quarter and half circle motions are gr8 for this--I have my awakened character's active awakening set on up-forward-down + space. Up->down, down->up, and left->right are great for this too--well mostly, sometimes left->right can screw with your movement.

7. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I have:
    Pg up (Time bomb), Pg Dn (Double swing), End (Enchanted FS), T (Punto), H (GDS), Space (Phase shift)
    V (chase launcher), A (Full swing), S (backstep), D (palm blast), F (stabbing wheel), G (fusion chaser)

Manual: mana shield, teana, chaser generator, AL, QR
    x attack, c jump. Shift is skill 2. Z is skill 1

Probably gonna start manually inputting fusion chaser to have space for ultimate punto at 70.

EDIT: ok probably not manually inputting fusion chaser.

Forgot that I also manually input uppercut, fang, press

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  8. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena
    I use a modification of Overstray's key binds,
    [​IMG]
    I've gotten too used to pressing Z for uppercut (i used to lock every other skill, which was a stupid idea), so now it's on the hotkey.
    Manual inputs:
    Chaser Gen: Up-Space, Mana shield: Side-space, Disenchant (for pvp): down-space. Leap (pvp, level 1): side-other side-space
    Hodor (pvp): Shift, Chaser press: Down-Shift.
    Of course, phase shift is perm bound to shift, my jump is V.

The biggest reason why I decided to go with this is because:
    Palm blast and Sky Assault are almost never used one after each other
    XXX-chaser launcher spam can be done easily shifting middle and pointer to S and X
    Always should be a little delay between last X and chaser launch in PvP, don't bother launching in the middle of an X in pvp.
    G is quick to hit after XXX, same with D for warp grabs and H for boost
    XBZ is easy to hit for some extra damage
    Meteor and punto are almost always used on their own so no need to place them close, besides, you can't cancel into them.
    R... is eh? I used to use the slot for frosty when i was running a lulzy battle ele build and had lantern on H, Could be used for something else i guess?

9. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    F1-F4 are usually reserved for buffs. If there are still more buffs, I just manual the rest. Might change this sometime down the road, though.
    A = X
    S = Z (aka. skill 1)
    D = space (aka. skill 2)
    Left-shift is reserved for pet skills, when we eventually get them (though I can probably just change it to right-shift instead and use left-shift for another skill; maybe replace one of the F keys with it)
    Also, I changed Ultimate Punto Wave's manual command to be just space (D) and put it on cooldown tracker.

10. w o w you guys have elaborate set-ups

I just always felt having to x v x v x v if I wanted to chaser spam was a really clunky way to do it

11. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena
    i try to minimize manual input hence why i put buffs and attacks that aren't really needed (chaser press, since i pvp a lot) in manuals.
    And when i do that i always try to make it only one command -> button because that way it's fast and easy to remember. i have side-shift and up-shift still open, probably gonna put enchanted swing and teana on them or something. space without anything is supposed to be indomitable spirit but i just don't have that for now (idk why), can be used for something else in pvp (apostilize?)
    Also wondering if apostilize and teana can be put on the same combination. Technically you can't use apostilize unless you've already used teana so it shoudn't conflict?

12. my issue with one command -> button is that I accidentally input it when I'm moving around to re-position. I can't deal with dragon fang being forward Z since I'm always changing my direction. a single direction + Z is just horrendous since mages need that curved uppercut

13. Ancientmoose Meteor Dash

Huh I've never mixed up uppercut and fang myself. Then again its probably easier for me on a controller since I use the stick for movement, all I have to do is rotate it quickly in the right spot.

from the top of my memory I believe my layout roughly is:

z = y button, space = b button, x = a button, and c = x button on my 360 controller.

uppercut: z
    fang: >z
    Palm: >> z
    meteor: <>space
    mana shield: down ^ space
    stabbing wheel: space
    fullswing: <>z
    ex full swing: <>>z
    punto: >> space
    ex punto: <>> space
    chaser press: down down space
    GDS: ^^space
    chaser launch: Left Trigger
    chaser generator: right trigger
    fusion chaser: ^^space
    teana: ^^downdown z
    double swing: down down z

14. Dubin carried by fmage

Funny, I've been trying to figure out how to balance my f.grapp's hotkeys and inputs since right now holding up-forward + z favors up instead of forward, which is messing with my Sliding Suplex. Then again, I guess when the input is just z by itself, forward + z overrides neutral + z @.@

15. why couldn't this class be as brainless as witch lol..

16. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I've never had a problem with fang and upper. Maybe try doing all the moves you can't cancel into manually and put the ones you can on hotkey?
    Maybe try space for launcher?

17. I use space to input some of my other commands though

18. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I moved my skill 2 key from space to left shift. You could put launcher on A maybe? Or one of the asdfg, whichever one is easiest to mash with x.

19. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena
    Hence why, I've stated before, i hotkeyed Z because i got used to it for sky assault and then moved the skill to shift, only using shift and space for press, hodor, buffs, etc. I literally do not touch them for anything else, so i don't have any problems with direction problems. The only direction problem i have is accidentally using leap when i want to use mana shield because leap is side-otherside but never happened in pvp yet so i'm ok with it.

20. wait so Z is a hotkey, not an input for skills?

... that's actually really clever I should try that

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)