Chaos General Discussion

Discussion in 'Chaos' started by Save 4 Less, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Winjo

Do all the changes to Chaos and minions happen when we get 90? I feel like I'm going to be useless once the changes happen because the only thing I have with elenore, etc. on it is a Caravella.

2. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    no they happen when neople decides to implement the patch for independent objects

3. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    I was testing it against HLS, it's basically the exact same damage as long as you have both stacks of it.
    For an 80 epic that's pretty impressive. Of course that's much more upkeep than HLS since it has none. But still, not bad.
    --
    As for the summon changes, those didn't come with 90 cap, so I wouldn't expect them to be there. They will probably come months down the line in some other rebalance.
    Also, there are smash pets right now. Go buy one.
    And there's the Petit Demon God pets that have +7% crit smash.

4. Shady Making a honest living on dishonesty

Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    I hope we get weapon restrictions lifted along with the 90 cap because that update was long overdue.

5. Winjo

They'll lift weapon restrictions but somehow only apply it to Elven Knights.

I went to raid again and this time got put into Boats -> Energy Spam. Prime-Chaos-FNen-Saint. It's pretty crazy how much damage Primes output, it's weird they only ever get to do Boats because we were the first party to clear Smoke. We also blew up Egene in a few second somehow.

6. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    that would be because you have 2 supports. Kinda doubt it's because of prime.
    prime can also solo boats because of their mechanics.

7. Shady Making a honest living on dishonesty

Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    Hearing that disheartens me.

HLS has this small catch to it; you have to cast brainstorm with the sword equipped in order to turn on the aura. Even with brainstorm active, taking HLS off and putting it back on won't reactivate the aura until brainstorm is recasted once again with the sword equipped. Pretty much the same as items proc'ing bonus stats and losing those bonus stats if the item is unequipped.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  8. Winjo

Well I've defeated the mean turtle 5 times so I think I've figured out what I should be doing. Didn't do the hardest content for most of them but I feel confident I could if I had to. Thanks for the advice guys.

In conclusion, this is a totally normal damage analysis, totally nothing out of the ordinary (I don't understand Big Daddy sometimes)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  9. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    that is an interesting damage report

10. Draq Bruiseus Maximus

IGN:
    AlbusCrest
    Steam:
    draqxqard
    Guild:
    StreetKings
    Server:
    Cain
    Trying to gear my Chaos,
    Does it matter what Shadow Queen pieces I get for swap ?
    I was thinking I should avoid Weapon and Magic stone because of INT/IndepAtk/EleDmg

11. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Not technically, it's just an inconvenience otherwise. Your general setup would be avoiding Pants and Weapon, since those are both Brainstorm swaps as well. If you have the right setup, you can hit 20 Brainstorm while wearing your 9pc, which makes it easier to swap. Otherwise you have multiple swap pieces in the same spot which is a pain in the ass.
    [​IMG]

12. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    summons are real time so it doesn't matter

13. Winjo

Is there a video of the guy that ran Heroic(I think?) Anton using the Diabolic Bloodstain set? I tried searching this thread and reddit for it but couldn't find one. I was trying to show someone how it works in regular anton but I'm garbage at using that set beyond just getting a bunch of them and hoping for the best.

14. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    That build requires a spec specific for the set up. There was a video of a solo energy/smoke I believe? It's adequate for boats though.

15. Winjo

By spec specific for the setup, do you mean the skill build? I just took out all the points in Big Daddy so that the ducks couldn't be promoted to it and maxed out Gelatin, deskilled Geno, and put the points in the other sword skills.

16. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    yeah skill build. Basically you only want spinnies to show up. It's pure dps with no burst, but it's still ridiculous

17. ChickyChan

Can you guys check out my vid and tell me what I can do to improve my time or be more consistent aside from just getting better gear? I got lucky with my genocide this run, but usually my time ranges from 2:00 to 2:50.
    I checked out some vids and see other people beating hall in like 1:40 just wearing chrons, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if my gear just isn't good enough yet.
    This is my gear, I have 300 shadow dmg and 84.8% crit in dungeon.
    [​IMG]

18. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    everything seemed ok I usually use 2nd on the prince and 1st on the witch south of him. that witch seems to take the longest time for you.
    Faster beginning , faster witch south of prince and it seems you didnt quite kill the princess that fast but it still wasnt bad. Could shave off to what you need.

19. Winjo

1. Your move speed seems pretty low, there's a lot of walking in that dungeon. That probably accounted for like 10-15 seconds just by itself.
    2. Fancy Twist in first room wasted a lot of time. Demon Wall should be enough after horde charge if anythings still alive.
    3. I like to Horde Charge -> Dimension Blade the long hallway.
    4. For the Ice Witch, I prefer (before walking in) Demon Wall -> Wicked Blood Fusion, walk in, Resonance on top of her, then watch minions go ham on her.
    5. Using Smash Brawl on the Princess seems like a waste, Resonance + hold assist should be enough.

The reason that the Big Daddy strat works so fast is that it saves a lot of time summoning minions and you don't have to make use of long duration moves like 1st and 2nd awakening. It also hits that sweet spot where you finish before your minions need to be resummoned, which takes a lot of time. The gear on my Chaos in the video you're thinking of also wasn't terrible besides the Chrons. You don't need much gear to run that dungeon, and having better gear doesn't help with running from room to room faster.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. ChickyChan

Holy crap, your Ice Witch strategy helped me out a lot. she dies super fast that way. Thanks!
    I have to use smash brawl on the boss because my assist needs a few seconds to come back up and as you said my movement speed is pretty low so it's much safer to use it there instead of just running up and reso+assist.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)