Chaos General Discussion

Discussion in 'Chaos' started by Save 4 Less, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Summons cannot proc NG or any other item. But that's not even the big issue with NG.
    The bigger loss is you get a random element (including neutral) for the bonus elenore. I guess it's technically usable, since you could use Elemental Circle every 10 seconds... doesn't seem realistic though.

2. Pyros

Had to double check with ppl who do have NG but you get all buffs at the same time, only the elenores are exclusive and only the strongest applies. So elements shouldn't be an issue, if you're say light, you'll get 50light and 25% light elenore all the time(or well, whenever it's proced, just need to make sure to twist to keep it up). That said without the constant procs not sure how good NG is compared to other sets and it's still kinda annoying having to refresh the buffs every 10secs even if twist should proc everything at once.

3. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    NG is not favored for magic because procs dont scale with magic they scale with physical. You'd only use it for messing around or if its the only thing you got.

4. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Oh, I thought when it was one at a time, it meant one was activated and you couldn't do another for 10 seconds.
    Also keeping up the procs wouldn't be that bad. Just spam Sky Sword / Fancy Twist.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  5. Winjo

I've come to terms with the fact I have no idea how to play this class outside of speedrunning Hall of Eternity. I ran my first Heroic Anton today after I got my Gracia setup and I basically only did 300 million to the final bosses in a Chaos-Majesty-FNen-Summoner party. Does anyone with a similar setup (eg. not DG) have any vids of them clearing Heroic? I know some of the things I did wrong, but I feel like I'm missing something big.

6. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    300m seems acceptable considering only fnen as buffer. Have you run raids before? Hanton is no joke to play around with.

7. Nier FPriest main since 2017

Get used to using your active skills that isnt genocide more often. Everything else is figuring out which and what skills to use on w/e boss you fight.

8. Winjo

I've run raid on my Saint and Dark Templar since it came out, and occasionally on my Soul Bender. The reason I feel like I'm doing something wrong is that bosses have 1+ billion HP, don't they? 300 million doesn't feel like my fair share of the damage.

I was trying to use most of them but I might have been ignoring Demon Wall and Evil God Mayhem too often. What moves are the most important to use besides Geno?

9. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    what do you normally do on nugol? Fnen helps some but you aren't going to obliterate them with a gracia set.
    Demon wall should pretty much always be on cd from it's use.
    Resonance can give some breathing room for cds since it holds and buffs minions
    1st/2nd awakening when convenient.
    Keep aten's command up because outside of revival it does make your summons do their specials on attack.
    skysword buffs minons (though it wont last because other skills)
    twist can be used to hit stun.
    final attack for grouping.
    horde charge for positioning.
    Sac bomb for damage/transgenic stacks
    BTW nerbe can be infinitely hitstun provided there isn't any major lag just run out and horde charge in to bypass his counter aoe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Shady Making a honest living on dishonesty

Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    Speaking of nerbe, knight's revival passive doesn't completely save you from being hit with nerbe's aoe shockwave attack. You will live past the shockwave, but also be tagged with the blue orb around you character. Nerbe does have that tendency to stun and teleport on top of players, and if nerbe comes into contact with tagged players, it's instant death.

There's also wheel of fate for holding and breathing room, it works great against a good portion of anton mobs and bosses.
    Aten's command kinda works the same way as final attack, and using x-chain causes them to use all their available skills. Its kinda like the spinny duck set causing crazy spins to go ham, but applies for all summons.

[​IMG]
    lv 14 Evil god mayhem and lv 4 Aten's incarnation op

11. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Aten Incarnation does equal or more damage than genocide. It's damage listed in the skill is hilariously deceptive.
    I did forget wheel of fate and yeah it's very useful as a hold.
    I would never rely on knight passive as it seems to be extremely buggy at times forcing you into the kneeling state until attacked or hit by a knock back effect or down right not work at all and killing you instead.
    Skysword can function as a small hold as well.
    That said there is always something a chaos can be doing rather than sitting still doing nothing!

12. Pyros

Thing about that 300m number though is, first it's gracia before summon rework so not really crazy damage, second only fnen buff no crusader, third it's a 3DPS setup(no real holder so everyone full dps) so if one of the DPS is way better geared, they'll do way more damage right away, limiting the damage you can do, and even if they're not that well geared, as long as they do good damage you're not gonna be doing like all the damage either.

13. Winjo

Day 2 of Heroic Antonios: (Kuno, Bugmage, Chaos, Saint)
    I contributed more (500m) to the bosses and felt like I was using my moves better. I still suck at setting up Flame Krave because I have to run around gathering zombies and end up not resonancing. I used EGM on him and it seemed to keep him from reviving the zombies until he had died (is that a thing?). In Energy I desynced during/after Merta and my minions couldnt hit anything anymore. Has anyone had that happen and do they know a solution besides towning? Team spent 15+ minutes trying to beat Egene while I had to stay dead because he was grabbing air. I eventually revived, got hit by a ground charge I jumped, Aten procc'd, but I was stuck in the kneeling animation. Then he did an eye in the direction I was looking so I ended up healing him. What a clusterfuck.

14. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I'd blame kuno for bugs !
    for krave teh zombies dont revive if you kill them. If you fail the pillar cycle lightning will strike them to revive though. I mainly run around and position zombies with heavy use of demon wall. It's not really about damage until zombies are properly placed and he enters vulnerability phase. I haven't had desyncing issues on merta in a long time but you can try genociding your minions to get rid of them for worm to work correctly ( it seems to work most of the time).

15. Winjo

What's the best way to kill a Zombie as a Chaos? I wasn't paying attention to see if Demon Wall was doing enough to kill them. In Anton Normals I would just use Aten Incarnation to knock/kill them all and then place them with wall and Fancy Twist, but that didn't seem to work when I tried it in Heroic.

Also, Kuno's are still buggy? I feel like that class is actually the black sheep of this game. I can't think of a class I see less of.

Edit: Instead of trying Heroic again I joined a normal party with a DT, FNen, and Sader. I'm just going to pretend that was my Heroic run for today.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  16. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    well you arent supposed to kill them thats why are they tough. You're just supposed to knock them down and keep them on the circles.
    twist will fuck everything up don't use it unless there is 1 circle left

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  17. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    You can use Fancy Twist on the bottom left / right ones fine as long as you're smart about it. Only use it on the top two though if the pillars have already went up or whatever.
    Also you can use Demon Wall suction to move downed zombies.

Usually what I do is Horde Charge the bottom left and then just go around and Demon Wall other spots.
    Fancy Twist and then immediately canceling it is pretty good for knocking down zombies as well.

18. Shady Making a honest living on dishonesty

Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    The legendary Olympus bead doesn't add +1 to resonance, not sure if that's a bug.
    It's not categorized as a special skill because HLS adds +2 to it, and it's also an active skill (?) its not a passive skill.

I'm also laughing at having lv 100+ summons with the current lv 86 cap. Lv 100+ big daddies soon.

19. Verkoy

Hey guys, Im new with the chaos class. I need some guidance from u guys. Im debating of which epic I should get from the event box of epic road. It's between arges or bone red. My current gear is a few lvl 85 pieces of legacy and the weapon also. I was planning of turning all of them into halidom when I get my hands on the full set. Thing is I have nothing to support the ele dmg for arges nor bone red. I guess I can work my way up to the gracias set for arges but is it worth it in my case?

Thnks in advance!

20. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    can't go wrong with bone red. later arges is useful, but right now bone red is bugged and the independent attack increase stacks two times instead of 1. Even if you don't go fire element bone red is still quite powerful.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)