Chaos/Demon God Guide/Compendium/Informations

Discussion in 'Chaos' started by Dowiet, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Navii

What exactly should I be doing once I get close to the 90 second / 2-minute mark in a dungeon? Obviously re-applying brainstorm (so doing all the swaps for that) is important, but my summons will also start fading as well. I think the Queen's 1up is actually more of a nuisance here specifically, since it means the summons will start fading at different times.

What I've been doing is, once I notice my minions are starting to fade, I just genocide them all at the nearest group of enemies (without Aten's Command), and then reapply brainstorm and resummon everything. Is there a better way of going about doing this?

3. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Your best bet is indeed to genocide to be sure you have them ready if they are nearing the point of expiring. Nothing is worse than getting ready to burst and you find out your minions have despawned ( i've done it and yeah it sucks...)
    But generally it depends on a few factors. but I'd ask myself this.
    • How difficult is the dungeon at that point? Do i really need to fully buff up to finish it? If it is the case then go ahead. It really isn't too troublesome.
    Once you've run a dungeon enough to understand the layout etc you can effectively use aten's command fully before having to resummon etc. Queen's 1-up isn't bad at all especially if you've used genocide before hand as it resets the timer on the minion. However, if you are nearing the expiration and you don't want to risk it or know you won't finish it time then i'd just genocide and resummon. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  4. DOXOlove give me all the Slayers :v

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    wowo Im sorry this comment has nothing to do with Chaos but your doc formatting is really slick here!
    Do you mind if I format the Asura guide I am writing similar to yours (with a few changes)? With credit to you of course! ♥

There was a tremendous effort in formatting all of this info, so kudos to you as well!

5. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't mind . More guides to help people is fine by me.

6. DirtyDollaz

IGN:
    Buttse
    Awesome guide. I didn't know there were so many shadow accessories.

One thing tho the ominous giant bat pants are 18 shadow not 14.

7. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    You sure? The book at superior level says 18 max

8. DirtyDollaz

IGN:
    Buttse
    Yeah it says 14 in the guide.

9. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh you're correct I fixed it thanks

10. proto

Nice work! Just some things I wanted to add:
    Genocide Crush and Sac bomb damage is directly related to the level of the summon, possibly being that the higher the level the summon is, the more int it has.
    Another equip that I recommend is this, since it's not in the dfopedia, I'll link it:

Power Arm Chain Leggings
    Gives 20% magical critical and 60 IA, around 121 int. You will need to have 50 % on both critical to get the 60 IA bonus however.

11. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Sucks not all equips are in the equip dictionary . I'll add it.
    I just recently tested the level vs damage and a level 1 gelatin mask did the same damage on sac / genocide as a level 33.
    Is there any way you tested this?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  12. proto

Ah, you're right, didn't notice that they change that in the patch already. On a sidenote, I read on the Chaos guide in Cdnf that queen will only promote soldiers within her line of sight, and the guide writer said that you should use backstep to minimize soldiers moving around, wonder if that's still true?

Edit: nvm, I tested it out in the training room, they fixed that as well.

13. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Uh... I'm not really sure how that could even be useful to be honest. Like how do you even test that? Somehow get her stuck on something while engaging in a combat scenario? That would be some reallllly interesting tidbit of information. I suppose backstepping has it's place but with aten's command most soldiers are already moving around to attack stuff and pre 75 everything dies within the time a minion happens to sneeze on something.

14. proto

It was written back then as a way to use SGDQ 9 pc to maximize big Daddy production back then, but since this was no long the issue, it doesn't matter anymore, so it's ok.

15. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    SGDQ = speed games done quick
    SGDQ = shadow guide dark queen
    What an amazing coincidence! Still that's some nice misc information!

16. Hey, I'm rather new... What do you have your hotkeys set at? Or if you don't really have set hotkeys, what are the best for a noob who doesn't know what they are doing?

17. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    i only changed my black impact to down down z , awakening to up + down z , and 2nd awakening to down down down z
    hot keys are very preferential and tend to be different for each person so find what's comfortable to you.

18. Oh, how do you do you change certain combos? Also, what is your D key set as, and why do the attacks have different colors? Usually the're gold...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  19. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    D Key is set as wheel of fate. It's a great grab, but it's very ping sensitive in parties for some reason ( in parties most of the time instead of grabbing the enemy will just fall down)
    my attacks have different colors because it's modded

20. Ah, thank you! Oh, and what about the other attacks from the first and second awakening?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)