Build Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by Zirus Zero, Aug 4, 2015.

1. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Because the idea of the build and concept is to switch swords instead and gain a damage increase for all attacks. We use Winz Az's build as a concept build because he's probably the most famous for this style of play. Maxing all the stances however does become less of a requirement later because the bonus damage will all be allocated to Force instead of being distributed around all the moves. This idea is what I've also adopted as well, however I use other sets in the meantime before the WM rework that took place in Korea February this year. Switching becomes one of the better strategies once that patch comes out. For now I would say Max should probably go for Afterimage first and Deadly second, as the patch won't come out for long even after you get the second set. I've left Drive and Thrust in their 30's and kept my cube moves higher than Max, but Max can do Max.

2. GaRgAnt

I think the Thrust TP is a bit of a noob trap; unless you pin an enemy against terrain, you'll very rarely get off the three hits of the TP-enhanced version off. Of course, since you're using a lightsaber, you max it for the bonus when using Thrust I suppose.

3. Lethologica real class never

Firstly, there wasn't much sarcasm implemented in my arugment. Nor hostility. I set out to gather data/evidence, and when doing so, it is usually best to put aside bias, which may make me sound cold.
    Secondly, you are adding in essentially, Clash, Thrust, and Drive Slash to gain what you call a "Small raise in DPS."

Here's the problem: Clash has 33 levels with 25 SP. Drive Slash has 31 extra levels (36 max - pre-req) with 15 SP per level. Thrust has 41 Levels with 15 SP per level. Thrust requires 3 TP to maximize, while D.S requires 7. What am I getting at?
    Your "DPS" video ft. just SST shows a total of 7 million. (roughly).
    Your video with a similar time frame featuring Clash/D.S./Thrust shows us a DPS of 7.8 million.

What you basically did was use what I assume to be 10 TP, and I really want you to understand this: Nearly 2000 SP (1905) to do roughly 10% higher DPS than just SST.

10%Higher DPS during what you previously refered to as "Cube Downtime".

4. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Look, I really don't think it's cool to expand the argument when it originated as a claim for higher damage, and there's definitely a difference in the way you and I carry ourselves here. Yeah, it does make you sound cold, which means you are indeed sounding cold. You don't have to in order to remove bias, even though the idea of removing bias is already flawed in that we're both concerned enough to carry this on.

Drive Slash incorporated well with the skills it's meant to be used with does more damage than straight SST. You initiated the debate with a video that only showed a single sample size with no comparisons and I showed one that was a direct comparison with time segments. That was it. We really just gonna slide something else in and start talking about SP? Please throw everything on the table at once so we can think about it all at once; this isn't a game where a player (I) has (have) to take down a point one at a time like stages. Let me know the whole argument. Does this even really matter anyway when I already admitted that both sides can be correct? The only issue here is you believe my side is incorrect with no room for exception, whereas I don't have any issue with yours and am only defending my side as equal, not even superior. I don't even feel like you're analyzing my own argument in it's entirety. I made many points to formulate an argument I could defend, but only facets of it are being focused on, in this case the SP.

Let's discuss the SP anyway; the subject is already on the table now. There are so many possible combinations of Chronicle Gear that there is no true build to go by. The only set that uses all three standard cube skills is Over-Shoulder Crasher. The rest of them focus on at most two, or a gimmick such as switching. These sets also reduce the cooldown of said skills and lay the foundation of a skill cycle, where we use the powered up cubes for damage and normal skills as filler while we wait for cubes to charge up again. We don't use cubes that the set doesn't give bonuses to because you put SP into a cube that does much less than another cube with similar SP costs and this is inefficient. We also can't do cubes forever even if we did max all our cubes unless we have amazing equipment that resets our CD's and have unlimited Mana Aids. We also can't always use cubes in every situation, although this point is a weak (but fair) one as there are places where enemies will counter cube moves. In regards to TP, you are able to put TP into Basic, Drive, and Guard while having enough TP leftover to go max two standard cubes.

EX active skills like Charge Burst are maxed out when you use Space Lord, otherwise it's not essential to the build. Meteor Drop and Mind Sword both have good scaling from the get go and could stay at level one, and Thousand Sword is the only set that's worth using Lightning Draw to it's full power. After all the bones of the WM skeleton build are in place and the Chronicle set of your choosing has it's demands met you will have leftover SP. Sometimes a lot, other times barely any.

Since our video's both incorporated the Lightsabre I believe we should use the Afterimage of the Wind Set as an example. The set panders to ISD, RDS and Charge Crash. I was able to max everything but Rise, Draw Sword, Lightning Draw Sword, Charge Burst, Mind Sword (Level 2), and Meteor Drop. Rise received the leftover SP in order to increase Force's crit buff. (Later on this would go to Draw Sword once Force is the only source of bonus damage and crit) I had enough SP leftover to max Drive Slash, Thrust, and Clash. I also had enough TP leftover for Drive and one level of Clash after maxing RDS and ISD. SP and TP was not an issue in this case.

Another Lightsabre set commonly used is Over-Shoulder Crasher. This set uses all three general cube skills and Charge Crash. This set is an example in which your argument is correct. All these skills mentioned have their cooldowns reduced with the exception of RDS which gets a damage buff and slash reduction giving you an easy skill cycle with little downtime. Maxing all four of these skills along with the skeleton essentials left me at only 1340 SP. With that SP I leveled up the Stance skills in a shallow manner to increase the Force crit buff and had no SP to max thrust or drive. Drive Slash had no place in this build.

I've got this feeling that you'll find something else to discuss regarding my preferences in skills unlike me who is more accepting of more than one single answer, and personally I was made upset by the way you've informally treated me in a cold manner. I feel that here, in a forum of like-minded individuals who enjoy the same game and the same class, there should be at least an atmosphere of formality amongst us.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  5. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Max I check back here and I just see "/arguement".
    ...what does that mean?

Edit: I just proofread this for like the 4th time and I still see some mistakes I made. I put TP into RDS and not Charge Crash in the afterimage of the wind build because the move goes wicked far with LS and hits can whiff. In my list of non maxed I forgot to say LDS was not maxed.

2nd Edit: "Firstly, there wasn't much sarcasm implemented in my arugment. Nor hostility."
    -I JUST realized the word "much" was in there. I had this scope the entire time that it wasn't even intended to be implemented. I feel better now.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  6. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    I think he was just pointing out that that was one hell of an argument.

7. I agree that it really depends on the OV set you're using. I have 6pc Over Shoulder Crasher which makes SP ultra tight because all of your cubes are so good with it. LDS sucks dick as well, I leave it at 1 since I'm not mono-lightsabre. I really want to try the Drive Slash build, but I love clash and bludgeon too much (maxed points in it for stun chance on blud, also good damage) so I can't drop the sp there.

8. SillyCow Cat Pig Cow Man

IGN:
    Synchroneity
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    I know this was a really old post but...
    [​IMG] Holy Kers / 26 RDS / 5 TP
    [​IMG] Holy Kers / 1 RDS / 0 TP

[​IMG] 9-piece Afterimage of the Wind / 26 RDS / 5 TP
    [​IMG] 9-piece Afterimage of the Wind / 1 RDS / 0 TP
    [1250 SP + 10 TP] to max Raging Dragon Slash with a Tactician's Contract (Level 26)
    540% (Kers) to 600% (Afterimage) increased damage on Raging Dragon Slash
    290%
    (Kers) to 400% (Afterimage) overall increased damage (including Hypervigilance)

While I do agree that Hypervigilance makes Raging Dragon Slash quite a bit stronger...
    I definitely do not agree with leaving it at Level 1 because it's "kind of trash". ESPECIALLY if you have (or are aiming for) 9-piece Afterimage of the Wind (+1 Multi-hit Count, +50% Attack Strength, -30% Cooldown). It's on a 11.3s cooldown when used with a Lightsabre and a 14s cooldown with a Short Sword with the set.
    I'm going to assume that the same would apply to people using 6-piece Over-shoulder Crasher (-1 Slash Count, +50% Damage). Max it. It's really strong.

If you really need the SP and TP to suit your build, that's fine; go for it. But I wouldn't go as far as calling it "kind of trash".

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  9. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    We really need to change the title of this thread to something less repetitive and give it a more focused and relevant topic. Maybe build discussion?

10. Zirus Zero Resident Reploid

IGN:
    ziruszero
    Guild:
    PandaXpress
    Server:
    Cain
    New question being if I could do it how? If not, who can?

11. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    In the upper right you should see a "Thread Tools" box, click it and you'll see "Edit Title"

12. Can't we all just agree that floating swords are effin' awesome?XD

Drop dead serious; if second awaken's biggest passive was nothing more than having those ethereal swords permanently active, slashing things as I do for tons of massive damage, I would be perfectly content playing nothing but Sword God for a looooooong time.
    It's just that awesome.XD

It saddens me that that little perk lasts for such a bitter-sweetly short amount of time...

13. Omega Worst Weapon Master

Petition to make the WM's 3rd awakening passive

14. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    So you guys want to turn WM into Vergil.

15. ArcLight Hiatus

That'll get us motivated.

16. Lethologica real class never

As of today, I am in possesion of 9pc Space Lord, 9pc Thousand Sword Warrior, 7pc Over-Shoulder Crasher, and 6pc Afterimage. All without the weapons. Almost donee with the OV grind.
    I also wanted to tell you guys about the interesting tidbits I've discovered about the sets.

First, Over-Shoulder Crasher:
    The 6pc Gives ISD CD -10 Seconds. Yet, using a Lightsaber, the Base CD is 36.5 Seconds. But with the set, it becomes 28.4 instead. this is a 8.1 second reduction. Not 10. Upon further testing, it seems that a Short Sword without the set provides a CD of 45, and the Set lowers it to 35. Every other weapon applies the correct 10 second reduction except for Lightsaber.
    And this is apparently due to Lightsaber liscense. Apparently the 10% CD Reduction the Skill provides applies AFTER the 10 second reduction. This means that all flat (non percentage) cooldown reductions occurs after skill CD Reductions.

Second, 6pc Afterimage
    The part that Says, RDS Multi Hit + 1.... Doesn't work.
    At all. Still only 2 hits per dash (3 if you count Tornado) Before and After, still 4 Dashes overall (5 if SS). The 20% is there though. Ironically, this means that 3 pc Over-Shoulder will Outdamage 6pc Afterimage in terms of RDS

17. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    After-image 6pc's RDS boost is bugged and the +1 hit isnt applied at the moment. This didnt get fixed on KDNF until WM got their first major rework back in February. So unfortunately Afterimage set needs to sit on the sideline for now.

There's nothing bugged about the CD reduction on 6 Over-Shoudler Crasher. That's just how it was always calculated. Flat second reduction gets calculated first before multiplicative reduction, always.
    So its:
    45 - 10 = 35 (set bonus)
    35 - 10%(3.5) = 31.5 (Lightsaber's natural -10% CD)
    31.5 - 10% (3.15) = 28.35 (Lightsaber License Lv10)

18. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Do you plan on getting the Flawless Technique 9pc set? Along with the Ancient Ruins Lightsabre (and if you can get everything BUT the ring), High Tech Ring, and an Overdrive Top you gain a significant buff increase. It might be good to plan ahead for when Overdrive applies increased skill damage instead of P.ATK, as the 9pc and Lightsabre will increase the skill damage by 20 percent, rather than the P.ATK.

19. Lethologica real class never

I see. Thanks for the clarification, especially on the Afterimage part.
    Not at all. My Overdrive reaches level 26 at the moment from +2 Soleit/ +1 Pet/ High Tech Ring/ OD Top / Ghost Train Pants.
    I do plan on getting Ancient Ruins at some point, but for now, it's out of the budget. I don't particularly want 9pc Flawless as:
    (a) Drop rates of Ov2 Sets are ridiculously low. (3 pc Deadly Precision, 3pc Shock Emmision ((only 1 pc of this was a drop, 2 are from quest)) and 5pc Enigmatic Swordsman, 3 pc Flawless Technique). I am absolutely sick of Ov after Ludmilla's 3 runs a day.
    (b) I don't really feel like swapping 12 pieces of gear every 120 seconds. It's simply tedious. And, honestly, I think that getting the Legacy top and Unique Sub Equip for +1 Overdrive each, I would probably get a bigger bonus than 9 pc Flawless + Ancient Ruins, or at the very least, close.

20. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey Yan, how does the Ancient Ruins/Flawless Overdrive buff stack? Is it additive or multiplicative? And either way, how does it compare to Lethologica's (b)? I'm burnt out from OV as well. I get the feeling that it's better either way? Just want to know if it is and by how much. Doing equipment swapping isn't so bad if you use a macro for it; once time is put into setting it up it's very easy to do, I recommend trying it depending on Yan's answer. Either way, the Flawless buff also increases ATK/MOV speed, so it's gotta be worth something?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)