Build Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by Zirus Zero, Aug 4, 2015.

1. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh sorry Garland.
    Jesus what a build.
    First of all drop the 2nd Awakening to 1. That's using up so much SP and it's not worth the increase in damage. Drop Rear Crit. Drop Charge Burst to 1. Max Iron Strike. Max Drive Slash, Flowing Stance Force/Clash/Swift, Drive Slash. Drop Mind Slash to 1. Max Hypervigilance.
    Doing something around these suggestions should help?

2. Lethologica real class never

Drive Slash is a horrible skill no matter what weapon you use and I don't know why anyone would want to max it.

3. GaRgAnt

Why do people say bludgeons are fun? They're such a chore to use, you're always fishing for a stun to actually make your SST worth using and the hitbox is kind of awful.

4. ArcLight Hiatus

Because it's wacky. Honestly, it's probably one of the weirdest weapons to use.

Thankfully, Hypervigilence helps in making sure your enemy doesn't blast off to fucking Jupiter or something. It's a great tool to think about as a side weapon if you are going Short Sword Flowing Stance.

5. stonedkyuby Hmm

It's not about the stun.

It's about using backstep cutter and Slowing Stance - Swift to play basketball with your enemies

The SST actually gets improved a whole lot in the future. They completely redid it in KDnF

6. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Drive Slash is very synergetic with flow stances. You can cancel Clash into Drive and Drive into Flowing Stance. This applies to thrust as well. Flow-Flow cancels are not only for SST; doing it to stop recovery of Drive Slash can increase DPS and maneuverability. It's a relatively cheap SP sink and has a small cooldown, definitely something that can fill the time between cube Cooldowns.

7. stonedkyuby Hmm

Just how useful IS thrust? I find I don't use it very often, and I'm considering leaving it at one.

8. GaRgAnt

It's mostly used by bludgeon and katana users because those are the only weapons that use Clash effectively and it gives you a lot of space after Clash completes its animation.

9. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    LS users use it as well for the electrocution proc as it's the lowest CD move they have that can inflict it. It's good to keep constant electrocution on the enemy for the bonus damage from the mastery, as well as the shock itself.

10. stonedkyuby Hmm

Huh, and I utilize both as my main weapons. Alright, thanks for the info

11. GaRgAnt

Have you seen the stun chance on Clash?

12. stonedkyuby Hmm

Nope. I assume that's your way of saying it's really good?

13. GaRgAnt

At higher levels, the high stun chance combined with the fact it hits multiple times means that Clash very rarely fails to stun. It gives a measure of safety to bludgeon users, in the same vein as the Guard shockwave gives to short sword and zan users.

14. stonedkyuby Hmm

Alright, thanks.

15. Bludgeons are great, especially so after the rework. 3 stun sources right now, clash, mind slash and charge burst, it can be a pretty consistent boss killer/gimmick skipper for ancient dungeons. Also, I fucking hate LDS outside of lightsabre, and since I'm using all 5 weapons I just dropped it to 1.

16. Lethologica real class never

No.

SST outdamage Drive Slash. There's your "something that can fill the time between cubes."
    Roughly 1:30 seconds of straight SST/Drive Slash spamming.
    Read video description for more details.
    Final hit of a Drive Slash gives me 750k when the last hit of SST sequence provides two 290K damage numbers. Ask yourself, which skill is stronger here? And this is with Overleveled, maxed TP Drive Slash.

17. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    I feel like you're taking this up a notch with video examples, which means you feel very strongly about this issue. I hope you don't see this challenge of opinion as a challenge of authority or legitimacy against you.

I noticed in your video description you mention Flow-Flow cancelling but didn't do so in the video, so I did my own video comparison in an attempt to jam as much damage into a 30 second window with only SST, SST+Drive+Clash, and SST+Clash as your example was about only the damage. I felt that a single clip of simply initiating SST and Drive Slash didn't show the other benefits and properties of Drive Slash you quoted me for. The property of Drive Slash being able to cancel into Flow and into Clash increases the DPS of your character if you have maxed your flow skills as it cuts the recovery time and allows you to attack more frequently. I realize my flow-flow cancelling wasn't perfect in these clips, but I didn't bias my errors toward sample one and my cancelling skill is the same across all three clips.

My conclusion is that I agree the SP and TP costs are high; It's nearly the cost of our Control Sword technique. I suppose SST has a high SP cost as well and uses 3TP for basic training, but there is no debate that all WM's should max SST and Basic Training. The skill itself does not launch the enemy until the last hit, and can cancel into other moves that keep the enemy grounded as well, which is something I also did in the comparison clips, which does not include the most powerful slash of Drive Slash. Without regard to movement and utility, the damage when implementing what it can add to your DPS is slightly greater than only SST or SST-Clash even without the final hit. This small increase in damage along with the other properties is why I max and defend this skill. I really don't want this difference of opinion to continue into what I felt was a slightly sarcastic and aggressive reply, as I don't oppose what you argue for; I feel that both ideas are equally viable and we can do as we like and still be good players.

18. POOPNIG420 We Gotta Power!

Drive Slash seems like very good Damage Per Second, back in Nexon DFO I would max it and use equipment to boost it and I was one of the top players in my guild

19. kamira

as a ls main and ss sub weapon, should i max any of the new skills sword god gives us? Ie shooting star, mindslash? i know hyper should be maxed, but are the 2 new skills higher priority over rds and charge burst?

20. GaRgAnt

If you're going full stances, why the hell are you not using Space Lord?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)