Build Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by Zirus Zero, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Zirus Zero Resident Reploid

IGN:
    ziruszero
    Guild:
    PandaXpress
    Server:
    Cain
    After awakening today, I realize that awakening at 85 meant I am forced to make cuts in SP across certain skills to fund the newer 2nd awakening skills. I am already considering certain flowing stance skills I never use. Anything else that isn't too important?

2. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    You can afford to leave Meteor Drop (Shooting Star) at 1. The scaling is still pretty good. You can also just trim skills down to even numbers or 0/5's to make it look pretty I guess?
    Zirus, what swords do you use? We can cut the build depending on what your sword excels at.

3. Zirus Zero Resident Reploid

IGN:
    ziruszero
    Guild:
    PandaXpress
    Server:
    Cain
    I typically dual wield lightsaber/Zab with lightsaber as the primary. I can fully defund flowing thrust due to it's limited capabilities.

4. ArcLight Hiatus

Zanbato and Lightsabre? I'm guessing you're going to use Lightsabre mainly.

Tsk, a weird combo. But we can make do.

Can you show us your current build?

5. stonedkyuby Hmm

So I've decided to change my set up a bit.

I got a +11 pheonix katana and decided I would use Zan all the way up to Iced Wall or Ghent and then switch to Short sword while keeping my katana. Are there any actual downsides to using Short Sword, because I hear people sing praises of it yet never see Korean WMs use it.

6. meowstick

hey guys grats on 2nd awakening!

i need some help with my build too i think. the only epic weapon i have right now is the Black Iron Zanbato; the slowest sword in the game :/ but i'm determined to use it (until i find another epic) so im trying to build my character around it.

Right now i have maxed:
    all 2nd awakening skills
    draw sword, lightning draw sword, illusion sword dance, charge crash, stance: swift, stance: force, guard.

but that means i had to drop raging dragon slash and charge crash alltogether... i dont miss RDS, because its too slow with this sword, but i do miss charge crash a bit.

it doesn't feel too bad right now, and OV has become a breeze with this build, but any tips would be really appreciated!
    i'll eventually find another weapon but who knows how long that will be T^T.

7. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Since you use both LS and Zan Zirus we'll have to pander to both as well as we can, but put priority on LS as it's the better sword. You can leave Charge Burst at 1, both Meteor Drop and Mind Slash at one. Max Draw Sword and ISD, you can leave RDS at one since it's mostly for Shock Procs and you're not using SS (I'd put leftovers into it though). Leave Ashe at 1, max the flow skills (you can drop Rise if needed). I'd max thrust and maybe Drive Slash.

How's this looking so far, is it doable for you?

8. Zirus Zero Resident Reploid

IGN:
    ziruszero
    Guild:
    PandaXpress
    Server:
    Cain
    Too lazy to post individual screenshots, so I uploaded the entire build in a video.

9. ArcLight Hiatus

Okay, if you're Zanbato Focusing, go Ashe Fork instead of Triple Slash. If you're Lightsabre focusing, go Triple Slash instead of Ashe Fork.

Dragon Charge is only useful for the Tornado now, so level 1 is probably best. (Unless you're Short Swording)

Get Control Blade, Max Hypervigilence and Shooting Star. Draw Slash is mandatory along with Illusion Slash Dance. Charge Crash/Burst also.

10. Omega Worst Weapon Master

Wait a second

RDS isn't worth a max?

11. Liquid Garland Kingault

I'm a Katana WM(thanks to Mist katana) and I'd like advice for how to best distribute my SP. I have four free days of the contract, but I'm not going to spend CERA on any more time. The only chronicle set I have so far is three pieces of the AotW set, so that's why I maxed out ISD...
    This is what I have for now.
    My TP distribution is: 3 in BTU, 2 in Drive Slash, and max in RSD, ISD, and DS. Should I swap points from RSD to Charge Crash due to the buff from 3 piece AotW?
    I know I should get a swap weapon, but I'm not sure what/waiting in vain for an Epic drop because of my thoughts of "What if I get a drop right after I buy it?" that probably won't be justified. I'm thinking SS for RDS and the first hit on DS... Is a Magic Seal Unique the best SS for a WM, apart from untradable stuff? (I'm working on getting the Heirloom weapon, but I'm divided on which one I want until I get lucky and get an Epic Katana or LS.)
    Thanks.

Edit: Actually, should I just swap mu katana out for a MS Unique LS with, uh... crit/att speed/ele damage/whatever is important for us? I hear LS does more damage than katana now.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  12. stonedkyuby Hmm

Why is bludgeon so much fun

Like seriously, fuck Zan, I'm using bludgeons.

13. GaRgAnt

It's not a joke. Raging Dragon, unless you use short swords, is kind of trash, but Vaughn's tornado scales with ranks of Ultimate Sense, so you can leave it at one for Charge Bust requirements.

14. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    That's the new upgrade to our Weapon Swap buff?
    It sends out a phantom slash whenever you switch weapons, and gives you another buff depending on what weapon is switched.

15. Ace humanity was a mistake

why in the world would you max auto guard

16. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    I gotta ask: Why do we need a separate Sword God discussion thread when we're still using the WM General Discussion thread :confused:

Anyway,
    I gotta agree with this. Max auto guard seems like a waste of SP outside of ToDes (and I didn't even bother getting auto guard for ToDes).

17. Zirus Zero Resident Reploid

IGN:
    ziruszero
    Guild:
    PandaXpress
    Server:
    Cain
    Before the update, I found myself maxing it concerning it's helped save me a couple of times and I somewhat abuse it with the skill upgrade to fling with regular guard.

18. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    If you're finding yourself needing Auto Guard to save yourself there's something wrong with how you carry out your course of action. And you're using the TP? Just how much TP are you using on this thing?
    Whatever the case please drop Autoguard. It interrupts super armor moves already in motion, does not activate shockwave counters, and slows down your overall DPS. The points should be put into skills that "help you kill stuff better" so you don't need to worry about defending yourself.

19. Liquid Garland Kingault

Any response to my post would be appreciated. :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)