[BUG] M-Launchers "FM-92 Stinger SW" skill LOSES damage between Rank 1 and Rank 2.

Discussion in 'Launcher' started by DownsideUp, May 14, 2015.

1. DownsideUp I'm a Potato

IGN:
    DownsideUp
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    http://imgur.com/a/XmRTf
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Noticed the error when messing with my SP on my Launcher - the actual damage numbers for FM-92 Stinger SW went down, rather than up, between ranks 1 and 2. I assumed this was a visual bug and went to test on the Reinforcement Machine. In both tests I had +90 STR from my Hand Cannon and 1 stack of Heavy Weapon Mastery active. There was no change to anything in my build or equipment setup except for Rank 1 or Rank 2 of FM-92 Stinger SW (EX Stinger).

It's plainly obvious on both Critical and non-Critical damage that Rank 1 of the skill did noticeably more damage.

I'm reporting this to Neople, but in the meantime I highly recommend leaving the skill at Rank 1.

I don't have the means to test whether the trend continues at Rank 3 or whether it reverts to "correct" values or whether this impacts F-Launchers.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. tails360 stationary launcher

swapping to a lower level weapon will show the fix damage part of skill to lower
    i dont know about percent though besides modifiers like chrons
    it scales upwards in dnf though so it might be a bug or get changed whenever dfog gets fgun 2nd awaken changes

3. DownsideUp I'm a Potato

IGN:
    DownsideUp
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    It's not just a visual bug, it actually does affect the damage dealt. It's pretty clearly a bug, it's just the how/why of it that I'm curious about (swapped data sets, a wrong decimal somewhere, etc). And the Fixed damage portion changes based on Independent (Base) Attack stat, this happens with any skill - this is just the game automatically adjusting the number to more accurately reflect the damage you'll deal / require less math on your part.

-Edit-
    I had the wrong first image inserted in this thread, corrected it. You can clearly see the skill values dropping.

4. Kayoru

IGN:
    Shunkan
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Did the same tests: +90 STR buff, 1 Heavy Weapon Mastery from casting the skill itself. I just made the buffs constant throughout the procedure to make sure there weren't any additional factors.

The initial 4 hits are affected by the weird decreasing skill description, yes. However, the "burn ticks" (referring to post-first-4 hits, the last 4x3 ticks) scales up properly with the skill description. I'm not too sure about how much damage 2 burn levels and 32 burning atk would be (or if that's what even affects the last 12 ticks), but just by comparing numbers (in spoiler pictures above), it -seems- like the trade-off (for my own character in that dummy-punching scenario anyway) wouldn't be worth it, even if all of the initial 4 hits crit and the last 12 do not.

I'm basically asking/saying, would you really recommend dropping it down 1 level for an additional 32% + 401 physical attack for 4/16 hits of the skill? I'm going to keep leveling mine for now... will have level 3 tomorrow or something to do more testing.

5. DownsideUp I'm a Potato

IGN:
    DownsideUp
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Minor word choice gripe - "Burn" refers to the status effect, which has basically negligible damage (the 28 damage in the 2nd picture). The AoE produced by each missile is entirely separate and doesn't appear in the actual skill description by number (only by vague reference).

That aside, I would definitely NOT prioritize the AoE fire puddles - it's very rare that an enemy will stay put within them long enough to justify it. It's usually a bad choice to prioritize the theoretical max damage that requires an extensive number of hits over the short burst offered by the initial damage.

Last edited: May 14, 2015

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)