Brawler General Discussion

Discussion in 'Brawler' started by Bratty, May 28, 2014.

1. Erufuun

It doesn't matter which pieces of mad dog hooligan i use for swapping since the tainted apply poisons pieces will all have a static damage increase after the patch right? I want to be sure about this because i'm planning to put a bead on my tainted swap belt so i could use a snake stance top and i wanted to make sure i was min maxing properly lol.

2. Samoose

If you need apply poison levels go for it.

3. Erufuun

Well what i'm saying is to maximize my damage i'm going to put a bead on my belt so i can use snake stance on my avatar top but i wanted to make sure that when the apply poison taints get changed they are all equalized because right now they are not. It was in a way asking for the most optimal 6 piece of mad hooligan to have if i can get +10 apply poison levels without equipment and also asking if the apply poison taints become equalized across the board when the changes for apply poison hit.

4. Samoose

IIRC Snake stance is not snapshOtted so it would be better to use apply poison on your swap set. You can put snake stance on your battlin gear though

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. emilio3000

So like after the patch that makes us Relevant, Can we now get away with using Gracia or anything like it or is it the same as now to escape from Intenst bomb set which is mainly just getting Equips that give damage% to Poison. And how much does stacking ele dmg, and crits affect our overall poison Dmg? As well which is better gracia or just straight up stacking Posion dmg. Now a different question How does Intenst bomb set Compare to the other chrons not including Mad dog set since that just a swap.

6. Sancerre

For poison ---- Skill damage X [(1 + {str or int} / 250) + (1 + {elemental damage} / 222) + (1 + {status tolerance reduction} / 160) + (1 + {total addition of relevant poison damage modifiers such as dirty rib, grudge orb. poison cloud, tarantula top, etc}]

*** as a note, im not sure how weapon refine bonus is figured in exactly... all i can say is that CURRENTLY it is directly reflected on the skill tooltips just like the tainted chronicle armors... which all multiply on each other. BUT the weapon refine bonus is changed later such that it is a real-time effect so i believe it would be added in to the 'total addition of relevant poison damage modifiers category'. or it might be in its own spot. i dont have the ability to test it in global dfo.

and then monster defense is figured in... somehow... im not clear on that too much. but it figures in the lowest defense (physical or magical) and uses that... so things like elemental dropper set bonus and individual spider queen pieces are extremely powerful.

then theres also crit chance... which essentially gives poison a chance to "crit" and add 25% poison damage -- critical damage modifiers have 0 impact towards this overstrain bonus. essentially if you have 97% crit or more (every character has a 3% base or hidden crit not listed), you get an additional 25% line of poison damage. it is an extra line.

finally theres a 'counter' bonus added into overstrain as well... i believe it was 30% more damage... which means if you do a counter attack you get an extra 30% poison damage.... essentially useless if the target is disabled, but luke has the anti-hold enrage gimmicks so its a different lifestyle there.

and i guess theres also skill damage mods which are pretty simple. you do exactly that much more damage... and multiplies on other skill damage mods as well making it stupidly powerful.

as for intense bomb... the set gets nerfed further... and they move some of the bonuses directly into the skill. after that change venom mines might be worth using as a main damage skill without intense bomb... but i dont know. chron sets are generally garbage anyways. wouldnt really aim for them at this point aside from mad hooligan as a swap.

also since its going to be coming soon.... looks like the 90 epic cloth set from luke is the best for us.... all of the other sets look great, but some have useless stats for us... the crit smash, regular smash, additional damage, and %ind/phys/magic attacks are not very friendly for us because it ONLY boosts striking damage. our poison damage is going to shoot way up so its definitely a waste to not cater towards that. the 'all attacks' mod is essentially a stackable smash that works for status damage as well but ADDS unlike skill damage from what ive gathered. on that note, stranded black moon claw is also amazing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  7. Just wanted clarification here. This means that skill damage modifiers like gig pres and bracelet increase status damage as well?

8. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes it does.

Also the extra dmg for counter isn't an additional line Sancerre. It's just more dmg to your original line

9. Geetah

IGN:
    CujohJolyne
    Steam:
    Geetah
    Server:
    Cain
    Which level 90 set is considered BiS? Based off the fact that if I were able to pick one whole set it would be the one I would pick.
    I'm also aware that the 90 leg sub is worth grabbing, any other singular pieces worth picking up?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  10. NthMetal

IGN:
    GBot
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    If this is the case, do you know if poison cloud crystalline would still be better than Refined Destructive magic stone bracelet. I have both, but I don't really know which one I should be wearing.
    If it makes any difference I'm using a saviour knuckle.

11. Sancerre

CANT DO THE MATH FOR YOU THE FORMULA IS LAID OUT. ele damage isnt on overstrain yet though ignore that.

if u are using grudge orb and rib, poison cloud is only increasing your poison skill damage 10%. it gets "worse" if you have other poison damage mods like tarantula top. the proc on poison cloud is fairly strong though.

12. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    well i don have a refined brac but i do have a five sense brac and the five sense brac (15% skill dmg) is stronger than the poison brac by a lil bit so id assume the refine brac would be far weaker than psn brac
    (at least after the recent changes)

13. Wing

why are these poison acc's so hard to find :< and why is this 90sub 100m Is it about that much in kdnf? still using the 85pink sub instead of rib to save money for this 90 sub since its only an 8% increase in dmg for an extra 25m :<

14. Ulfrey

Think I fucked up. Had my Tarwe +11 amp with STR due to it just... falling on str and I was a newbie and didn't know I could change it. Now most of my shit is coming out as INT, and I know it's better due to SB pairing and all. What do I do with the darn tarwe? or can I actually have an STR amped setup due to overstrain?

15. Samoose

Overstrain works like this:
    1. Start with stats from gear and levels. So say like 1.7k str and 2.1k int
    2. Say you had a stat booster (a saint) that brought your stats up to 3.7k str and 4.3k int
    3. Overstrain will now take effect and bring your strength up to 4.3k (now both strength and int are 4.3k)
    In other words its not optimal

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  16. Umabel

If it makes you feel better you can pretend that in the future overstrain bonuses are applied before party buffs so it won't matter if you were stacking str or int.

17. KatAlvez

Hey there I started playing DFO again last fall and decided to play F.Brawler. I've been researching how to gear and build my character but I feel like I'm lost on a few things. dnf.JPG
    Heres what I currently have.
    - SoD 3 set all +10
    -Blackness auto shoulder
    -Blood Pact Top
    -+12 +8 Liberation claw
    -Poison cloud crystalline
    -Condensed Grudge Orb
    -Dirty Adjutants Rib
    -Personified nightmare ring
    -The earring and necklace are just what ever I could find until I get an epic for those slots.
    So I've come to understand that I need to get +10 apply poison from any sources I can. Im saving money again to get a title , the LoO belt enchant and 2 apply poison emblems for my avatars. I have +2 apply poison at the moment. When I see some kdnf brawlers solo Tog in like 10 seconds It makes me question what I'm doing wrong. Is it my weapon ( Im desperately farming hells atm for an ignore or moon) or the low apply poison? (or both) Any help would be immensely appreciated.

18. Sancerre

apply poison gets changed a lot with the infinite difficulty patch... and at another later patch, overstrain adds elemental damage conversion to poison damage

our poison is strong now but it is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger later.

also... having an entire setup to swap for apply poison makes a massive difference in poison damage. can just about double your poison damage currently with swaps.

setup to kill tog fast -- block bomb >> poison mist + disease queen > neck snap > junk spin

you should be able to kill tog with only a crusader or only a bender like that before his elemental orbs spawn. if you have both theres really no excuse cause bender should be helping with kalla burn as well.

after changes ive seen brawlers are able to just kinda press buttons cause poison damage on everything is just... absurd.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  19. KatAlvez

Thanks for the response. The only thing that I was aware of that we didnt have balance wise was the infinite snake stance but its nice to know that theres a bunch more to look forward to. I just wonder how long it'll take.

20. Wing

Wondering whats BiS for us concerning 90 epic acc/sub/mstone/weapon?

Acc = 5 Senses?
    Sub = Infector or Grail
    Mstone = Rosetta
    Weapon = Savior or Black Moon Wolf?
    Earring = ?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)