Brawler General Discussion

Discussion in 'Brawler' started by Bratty, May 28, 2014.

1. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    status stone is still stronger than elemental dmg stone even after the recent patch.

most don't use the infinite series in dnf because your strike dmg is only a % of your total dmg so your better off wearing, skill dmg/all attack/ele dmg/psn dmg increasing accs instead of the infinite series accs

2. Umabel

Im talking about the latter. Don't finish "Ravenous Anton" quest, unless it is the -last- avarice piece you will ever get...

I'd start "thinking about it" AFTER I have savior claw and 10 anton frags for the upgrade...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  3. Wing

It seems like this class and M.Brawler rely heavily on these status legs for endgame gear. So with someone with no funding whatsoever, would you just be in a chron set + 3pc SoD until you can afford the necessary leg pieces? Seems like you can't really play this class to its full potential unless you have spare millions to throw around.

4. NinNinCen Aim for the bushes

You can still kill things in normal dungeons with that set up because things die easily. But just like almost any other class if you are looking for raid/ancients with incomplete setting then its a no go / long clear times.

Edit: At that point I'd suggest Intense Bomb until you can get a few poison accs

5. Wing

Gotcha, thanks. Considering revisiting playing my F.Brawler as she was my first ever character but the funding issue is putting me off. Guess I'll work towards the chron pieces and go from there.

6. elijah

So I decided to pick back up dfo and play my first ever char created my F Brawler as she was always so fun. Now I tried doing some research but seem to be overwhelmed with information and updates that have come and gone and incoming patches. Based on the screenshot and my current gear how should i go about trying to gear her nowadays as my gear is very lackluster and out of date. Any help on gear progression would be greatly appreciated along with a Skill build as i pretty much have everything maxed at the moment minus junk spin and sand splash (is sand splash + double throw a must have ?)
    ScreenShot2016_1223_010610029.jpg

7. Rinoa happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IGN:
    Sindelle
    Guild:
    Pokemon
    Server:
    Cain
    Keep that ring around for a poison swap set. Most people are working/worked torwards getting a 3 piece Source of Disease set going to couple with buyable poison damage legendaries:

Condensed Grudge Orb
    Dirty Adjutant's Rib
    Poison Cloud Crystalline
    the 20% poison damage ring that summons the dog

For weapon, most people settle for whatever 85 epic claw they can get their hands on, berserk is an option too. There are legendary claw alternatives that are pretty solid if you don't trust your luck. Liberation claw is farmable but takes a while to complete (It is also buyable but I would recommend spending your money elsewhere if you have enough to buy a lib claw lol).

The swap set CURRENTLY consists of stuff that gives apply poison levels and having double tainted red/green Apply Poison chronicle 3 pieces. (Having the green is less important these days with all the new stuff Brawler has at its disposal but if you can't reach minimum poison levels it's still good.)

In the future brawlers will be swapping with 6 piece mad doge hooligan since it gets reworked to affect poison. (Chron 2)

Current event gives a good pet/title/aura. The legendary bead which you can get from the package or Tartarus gives you
    +1 apply poison which is something to look into also.

Your goal should be set towards hitting +10 apply poison. These are all the available things currently that add to apply poison i believe.
    +3 centipede's maw
    +1 ring
    +2/3 available titles in game
    +1-3 avatar + emblems
    +1 unique motion aura + emblem
    +1 legendary belt enchant
    +1 pet
    +1 sea god legs if you really have to
    ((+2 Anton raid buff until Jan 17))

Skill build is generally up to you, most people leave spin/block buster at 1 since they are guaranteed stuns. I personally use sand splash as a SP dump so it gives me a button to press in snake stance. Some people dump their points elsewhere.

8. Umabel

Claw: Blood of Holocaust - must be some sale cuz it is CHEAP right now.

9. elijah

Thank you for the detailed write up but i have some follow up questions now. First thing seems to be trying to get +10 apply poison so im sitting at +5 with maw, ring, ava top. But would spending money be better spent on an legendary claw or that dirty adjuntats rib thats currently on AH while getting a few more levels with the package we currently have or do i throw 50+m on a apply poison title (can get same levels with avatars and plats)?

That being said I looked up source of Disease set and it has 3 items a necklace, magic stone, and sub equip so wouldn't that interfere with the rib legendary ?
    With the new package set out the pet you clearly want the 15-20 for apply poison then swap to petit black widow or would getting another box with claw mastery pet be better. One last question is with the package title is it better to go with power or grace title ? i would assume power since we are mixed between % and fixed though the grace title does have nice stats. Brawler is so confusing haha.

10. Umabel

No, there are SoD pieces for all armor, accessories, and special slots. The first three preferable slots for SoD are top, shoes, and belt > shoulder > bottom because the three armor pieces upgraded to +10 gives 80 status tolerance reduction. The bonus in bleed and poison is not too bad either.

11. Rinoa happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IGN:
    Sindelle
    Guild:
    Pokemon
    Server:
    Cain
    I recommend getting grace for the raw stats that come along with the title. SoD has armor pieces too, get pieces according to any epics or legendaries you acquire but most people opt for the top since i has 10% poison damage on it. If you have no smash source you can honestly just leave the new pet on but switching back to petit will give you the +1 to snake stance which is essentially 5% more skill damage when cancelling skills off it which adds up over time.

12. Sancerre

snake stance is 5% more ATTACK DAMAGE, despite what it says. does nothing for status damage. still very good though.

13. Beat

So in an attempt to make my Fbrawler relevant again id need to get:
    Personified Nightmare Ring
    Dirty Adj rib / epics(louie's) Subeq
    Grudge Orb MStone
    Crystalline Poison bracelet
    Shoulder/Belt/Shoes SoD

currently at max poison swaps im only at +7 (+2 TAO title, +3 top/bot rare clones with plats, +1 Hi tech ring, +1 behemoth). +8 is obtainable with GT pants
    Where should i be getting my last +2? and what slots should i be using for my 6pc mad dog when the changes hit? Top/shoulder/belt/shoes/brace/neck to maximize poison levels?
    if i use this setup i wouldnt have any slots that i would be swapping for dual tainted apply, would it matter with this setup?

Current Gear:
    [​IMG]
    9pc not equipped due trying to see what my gear would look like if i were to use the legendary setup above.
    Tact pants < power arm chain legs?
    Assuming each legendary piece costs ~70m id need to gather up 280mil for legendaries alone, but i dont believe id need to run hells at the moment unless im trying to complete an epic set like ele dropper or spider

Other possible setups i can do is blood treaty boots(gives 14 ele dmg, +80 matk/patk, 100 indep) for SoD top, Silent Taker coat for 18% smash instead of tact.
    Anything im missing or is this correct for the most part?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  14. Kiwi-poi

Why is everyone recommending SoD belt when it gives bonus to petrification damage? Does it mean we can proc stone curse when we have that piece, or does it only boost its effect when petrification actually takes place?

15. Rinoa happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IGN:
    Sindelle
    Guild:
    Pokemon
    Server:
    Cain
    People recommend it because 3 piece is the target and you build around what epics you find. Stuff like epic shoulders and pants provide heavy bonus for single slots. Power chain leggings are buyable/craftable and are really nice for brawler.

16. Umabel

No one is saying "get belt". It's the 3pc set you want to mix in some way. You might have epics, maybe a poison leg...if not it will probably be SoD top bottom belt..

17. Erufuun

Ok i'm going to need someone to talk me through what decides a good weapon for f brawler because this class is so unique i just don't understand it. I just recently got a mana reinforcement drop on my f brawler and while i'm seeing over 300 int and about 4k m atk increase on my f brawler i still unsure if it would beat out my scarred nail because of the poison damage and crit damage on it.

I basically just need to know how to do the math when it comes to int vs actual poison damage so i know when i get a good weapon or not.

18. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Scarred nail is way better. You really don't want to lose Claw Mastery, only exception is Berserk and still I'm pretty sure the claw epics would be better.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Sancerre

damage formula... in the mix of it is (1 + INT or STR/250)

so 25 int is 10% poison damage. but that doesnt multiply on each other so you need to do math based on your current gear and party buffs (crusader notably) to see the relative returns of more int. generally speaking... gathering 10% more int will give you 10% more damage. so if you have 2500 int, you would need 250 int to get another 10% damage. but if a crusader is buffing you to 5k int, that same 250 int is only giving you 5% more damage. ** its actually closer to 9.5%, not 10%, if you do the math with the formula there but close enough for a rule of thumb.

poison mods dont multiply either.... so having rib and grudge orb skews how "good" another 10% poison mod is...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Fayefire

Can someone give me a good contract build?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)