Blood Mage General Discussion

Discussion in 'Blood Mage' started by Jay, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Pyros

Lib is alright, but it's like 16% elenore versus 10%elenore+22%crit smash, so it doesn't really compare unless you can get a large amount of crit smash on another piece(like say red fang bottom) in which case it's pretty alright. Also might be troublesome to bleed anton raid mobs without someone reducing abnormal status with just massacre, although bloodmage multihits like a fucking madman so you'd have A LOT of chance to apply bleeds, not sure how it works out.

And there are good epics, just not in the 80 box. Both the 85 epic spears are really really good. It's just the 80 one is really bad, so unless you run epic road on your base mmage and get a 85 to drop, you can't get that much out of the event, and before you get a 85 epic, you might as well use a legendary rather than a 80 epic.

2. Boltwright

You can get Imperial Guard's Bayonet, but there's nothing special outside of it being a level 80 epic.

Captain Trooper's Massacre Spear and Liberation Spear are both pretty good, but it depends on whether you have a crit modifier already or not. If you don't, CTMS is usually a bit cheaper and probably worth picking up.

3. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    dont bother with 80 spear. it's hot garbage.

Just buy the massacre spear and use it till you can get epic.
    You shouldn't have to worry about bleeding mobs but having to multi hit many times to proc the bleed before nuking can be a pain.

4. ntchesterx

Im creating a 86 base mmage from the event

Im really torned between DW and BM doe, i really like BM's idea, blood an all, but i dont entirely like 1ST awaken...
    and spear is nice! i really like spear.

DW on the other hand, i dont like the idea of summoner ( i hate summonor or necro ) and i hate broom as an weapon. BUT i love the 1st awaken and some of the skill.

Now i jsut dont know what to do.
    I dont like making manymany character, so im just gonna pick one and focus on it.

some insight pls?
    <3

5. Sunset Forever searching for a main.

IGN:
    Lycette, Sunset
    Server:
    Cain
    I wouldn't base your choice over cosmetics like spear and broom usage.
    There's no real easy way to tell until you play the classes for yourself.
    Both have unique mechanics (Blood and Dimension gauges) to their skills.

Play both to awakening (which is like a 3 day investment) and see which one you like more.
    If you don't like one, you'll only be out a little of time.

6. Damian_

IGN:
    ChateauNoir
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Just got my base mmage to 86 today, now what?
    Is there anything equipment wise that I should be looking out for and get it now before the prices skyrocket? I have lib spear already. I'm guessing I'll see if anyone in my guild wants to carry a base mage through OV so I can collect a bit more int frags from dissing chron gear.

7. Pyros

You can't get frags from dissing cause you only get frags from dissing class sets for your class, and mmages have no class sets. You'll get 30 per run and that's it, might as well run on normal, can probably solo with a decent assist at a decent pace, but can't be bothered personally. Might want to do Dark Elf too to reduce the amount of farming a bit.

Stuff to do, kinda depends on how much money you wanna spend and what not. Obviously upgrade your weapon. Get a tear(since probably using gracia at first, a light one), slap an anton's heart on it. Give him the box that has a holiday event acc in it and the next one from new year's and trans stone the last one to get the full set and slap some basic enchants on it. You could in theory get a random belt with a legendary olympus bead on it to swap, will save you some money most likely even with current bead price cause you can skip on say, one plat. Run Noire Ferra daily if possible(like get a guildie to run it for you), maybe buy a daily lion to add a chance to get a gracia drop(very unlikely but who knows). Run anton normal for gigantic accs if you can find a carry/buy. Buy raid/get carried, but that's an expensive/hard one. Generally you'd want to drop legendary boxes on the char but no current events.

Make sure to get the current pack stuff it's pretty solid, especially the creature for buff swapping but the aura is also strong and the title is ok-ish. Might want to grab a sweet dreamer title before they get too expensive too, cheapest will do for just +1. Can farm your halidom top for swapping(check the swap guide I made on the base mmage forum for the level ranges). Can also start farming sea god pants or just buy suede greaves. Can do the High Tech Ring quest too, once mmage subs are patched in it'll have +1 to buff.

I think that about sums it up? What you end up doing depends on your degree of patience with playing a garbage class, especially if you don't have a 9pc toybox tempester/gale force imo(or a good combat assist like biting wind SD or whatever else) and how much money you wanna spend. If you had a lot of money you could go fire build and already buy a bunch of legendaries.

8. ntchesterx

Which pet should i get for the current pack? Gragol? :D
    thanks!

9. manny3574 The Feral Hunter

IGN:
    Eld3rWyrm
    Guild:
    BasedGods
    Server:
    Cain
    i think it was 20-25

10. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    blood burn is lvl 25 so you can get that one. 25-30 would be better because the 20 skill is garbage but tbh its mainly for blood burn so as long as it has lvl 25 skill its ok.

also burning is op.
    was pretty cool to see every single tick of 1st awaken do dmg cap to egenu lol
    [​IMG]

11. manny3574 The Feral Hunter

IGN:
    Eld3rWyrm
    Guild:
    BasedGods
    Server:
    Cain
    bruh so ready
    btw u said u had full DG?

12. Which BM makes better use of this spear? Battle(99pct Crit) or Blood? So Blood does not proc bleed eh? He got any crit boosting buffs/skills? He can get to 99pct crit easy or close?
    f [​IMG][​IMG]

13. ttyl

Noticed there's a little B on some skill icons, similar to Hs for Hit End. Does it just mean "this skill generates vitality"? Or is there some mechanic to it?

14. Pyros

Blood mage does not bleed innately no. He got 10%crit on 2nd awakening passive, as well as a bunch of crit dmg on it, but nothing else so could probably benefit from the crit on the spear fully. He also has A LOT of multihits attacks. Like easily one of the highest multi hit counts in the game along with skirm/creator/monk and so on. Most of his attacks are multi hits that hit for 10-30times, so procing bleed should be fairly easy. So he makes good use of the weapon.

It's just the skills that generate Blood, nothing special about them otherwise. The only thing about the Blood mechanic is if you don't have enough Blood to cast the spells that consume blood, it consumes half the mana cost in health instead. The Blood buff itself does a few other things but not particularily important, just want to fill the bar up every minute for a buff and otherwise keep your consumption/generation in check so you don't hurt yourself.

15. So is he fixed?

His crit rate does seem low. A lot lower than Battle who does not need crit boosting items and the only magic user to get 100% crit easy.

Guess it's better on Battle especially due to Evo Chaser which can allow battle to achieve higher multi-hit than blood, correct?

How would a blood get 97% crit especially w/ Gracia?

And is Gracia good enough to get blood into raid w/ that spear and bulky?

16. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    this was with 3pc gold suit and evil rib mail top and goth shoes with full blood burn swap. I do have full goth also.
    i had gracia w/ bulky before i finished goth and let me just tell you ........ it was a little disappointing. ALTHOUGH! that was before 2awk since i finished goth before 2awk hit i can't tell you how gracia really is

17. So battle Mages can benefit the most with this spear then especially with virtually any setup and that easy bleed.

My Blood mage comes 2nd in getting spear then.

18. underverse24

IGN:
    DarkOpressor
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    any idea of which are the first awakening skill bonuses of the blood mage?

19. Pyros

1st awakening bonuses is -40% blood consumption for lvl3(it costs 50%blood and the reduction seems to be multiplicative, making it cost 30% instead), adds 40% blood absorbtion for lvl6(so it gives blood back) and lvl 9 seems to be 10% damage(not a buff it seems, just raw damage).

20. underverse24

IGN:
    DarkOpressor
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh... Quite disappointing I expected something more like some dmg buff or lower cooldown buff or something more handy to rely on after the awakening is used but it compensate at really good dmg (that's how a dmg dealing awakening should be) and super hold capacity at least.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)