Blood Mage General Discussion

Discussion in 'Blood Mage' started by Jay, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Shirouzen Monster of God

Server:
    Cain
    I actually like blood mages x string the most out of all the mmages, blood batwing swords are pretty awesome and even his tornado upper gets changed into one. But its a really minor thing considering the class is so skill heavy rather than basic heavy like some classes.

2. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

If you slow down video frames actually there is a second aesthetic of vampiric eyes within some of the skills, some of the skills also have blood bats.

3. Shirouzen Monster of God

Server:
    Cain
    You don't need to slow it down to see that lol.
    But then again most people don't notice his second awaken art is a direct reference to a specific castlevania boss.

4. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    some of the skills gain a diff look after you 1st awaken.

5. Forte EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

IGN:
    KnuxForte
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    So if one has a massacre spear, would heartneck gore orb be a worthwhile investment? is that 10% more damage on bleeding foes important versus the elemental damage?

6. Acewing

I think I need to clarify: what I don't like about blood mage is how tacky, awkward, and unappealing his 2nd awakening cut in looks + the fact that his second awakening is essentially a cube skill with added range.

That's about it really.

7. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    id just stick to an ele dmg stone. too hard to bleed anything in raid if there is no bremen

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Doxhockity

Guild:
    Salty/Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    So I just hit 85. What skills do I drop at this point. The only one I dropped so far is the grab skill.

9. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    i can show you a ss of my skill build if youd like next time i log on

10. Doxhockity

Guild:
    Salty/Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Yea If you can. I dont have any sets or good wep atm. I just not sure what skills to keep at one since most of them are just holds. I'm starting to like blood mage more now that I have a better understanding of him. But I can see why ppl dont like him over dm and sm.

11. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    this is the skill set i use at lvl 90
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. The Winged Professor だが断る!

If you want to check out what the class looks like with OP gear

+12 amped Nature Guardian set and full refined, +12 amped Salvation spear. Some of the commentary is also pretty funny.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  13. Acewing

8:33 Had to double take that just to get across how crazy that was.

14. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    dmg cap isn't that hard to do. I can do that on my blood mage

15. Shirouzen Monster of God

Server:
    Cain
    I'm guessing nature guardian is one of the best epic sets for blood mage because of their crazy natural proc rate along with its other boosts.

16. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain

from today with a 2400 vit sader

[​IMG]

17. Forte EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

IGN:
    KnuxForte
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    how important would CDR be on a blood mage?

18. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    well in comparison to what?
    CDR is good on any class really

19. Forte EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

IGN:
    KnuxForte
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    i guess i asked it more of an in general question. I have the summer title (not ice bucket), and i was curious to just how powerful it would be compared to say, +22 towards an element.

20. Pyros

You can't really compare CDR and damage and hope to have one answer for all situations, because it really depends on a lot of stuff.

Unless your main role is to have maximum uptime on certain mechanics(think holders and fnen for nen guard), CDR is only sometimes useful. If stuff doesn't die quickly and you need more than one rotation of skills to kill, then it becomes very potent, but on the contrary if stuff dies quickly and you don't need more than one rotation, then damage is a lot more useful since in that situation, CDR is virtually useless. It might be good to get some of the longer cds a room before(say you use them in room 2, they might be up in room4 instead of room5, which can be useful depending on layout of the dungeon you're doing) or it might not. On the opposite side, 22ele dmg isn't so good if your ele dmg is already high, for example if you have DG or even Gracia, because the difference between say 300 and 322 is fairly small, while CDR would scale multiplicatively with that 300 ele dmg, assuming it is useful in the situation you're comparing.

So in the end, no real way to say, this is better or not, in every situations. Assuming high ele dmg already, and assuming you have the super expensive cdr title, I'd say it's better in general. However if you don't have smash, I'd say NINJA for example would be better than either, and we could possibly get even better titles before mmages subs are released. I'm just leaving a 8% cdr title on mine(the shittier cheap one cause I don't have that kind of money to waste on the 60m one) and see what's up once the class releases.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)