Berserker General Discussion

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Poison, May 19, 2014.

1. My berserker is about to be 86 and I'm considering investing into him. Can someone show me their preferred skill build? Currently I have everything maxed except Gore Cross (0), Burst Fury (1), Blood Ruin (0), Bloody Twister (1), and Diehard (dump, currently level 3).

I don't know if Diehard is worth prioritizing for the strength at later levels and if I'm maxing something that shouldn't be. I use a mist katana currently and is it worth it to use katana mastery even though the class is mostly fixed? Is it mostly a waste of points? Any help is appreciated.

2. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Sorry about not answering to your post - didn't think there was a reason to post my build for Lv.86 cap when we're getting Lv.90 cap. I'll post mine after maintenance is over.

Getting one point in Blood Ruin isn't such a bad idea.
    Diehard as a STR buff isn't that important - it's nice to have, but it's a buff stat increase, not a Town stat increase. So with perfect Derange swap and Sader in your party you wouldn't notice the huge difference by using Diehard for STR increase. Although I still get 1 TP in it and use it whenever I can.
    Katana Mastery is kinda useless, yeah - it doesn't increase your Frenzy XXX attacks that much, so you'd better invest your SP in something else. The only case where you'd use Weapon Mastery is Byeollungum - Zanbato Mastery (just like any Weapon Mastery) also increase your Hit Rate.

3. Ah, thanks for the help. Thanks for the berserker gearing guide as well that you wrote - I frequently check it. I know that blood ruin is useful for its holding ability so I'll move some sp around to give it one point during group content but otherwise I hate using it which is why I abandoned its ass. I hit 86 before maintenance and my next priority will be 6pc Brutal Madman. Would you think it's still worth it to get 9pc Blood Reaper even with 90 cap? I have submarine volcano belt so I'm considering a fire build even though gracia is obv the go-to good set.

Also do you think it would be worth it to pick up a giant nugol form still? I saw some for only 40m yesterday and had to fight myself to not buy it. I haven't done any research on new gear with 90 cap but for a fixed damage class I would think nugol is still a great choice.

4. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Well, I do admit that Blood Ruin is mostly useless in farming - its only use is for Anton Normals/Raid and some of Luke bosses.
    Aiming for 9pc Blood Reaper is okay, but it might become a chore - you'll probably have to buy like 1 or 2 last pieces with Interdimensional Fragments. Although it's still good until you get 6pc Gracia (or anything good from Hell Mode).
    SV Belt is pretty much a Fire Damage Magic Stone, only in Belt slot. Even if Fire Damage build is a no go for Luke Raid, it's still great to use for now.

About Lv.90 gear... Well, first of all, all new Lv.90 Luke Legendaries are not good enough for Luke Raid (maybe even Luke Normals) - they're really good for Anton Raid, though. I can't really recommend to buy them right now, though - they're gonna be expensive as hell, but they're not THAT much better as Anton Legendaries.
    In terms of Lv.90 Luke Legendary Weapons:
    매화육궁 / 梅花六宮 (goddamnit, I know that its name comes from a six-point eye shape in a corner in Go, but I can't find any decent translation of it in English... Plum Blossom Palace?): looks REALLY similar to Giant Nugol Form. +15% Attack / Movement Speed, +15% Physical / Magical Critical Chance, +3 to Lv.45 Skills and +18% Damage (Elenore modifier).
    You're trading at least 4% Damage for 15% Crit Rate increase and damage increase to Outrage Break. A good alternative to Giant Nugol Form, but expect it to be stupidly expensive on Auction House.
    Purifion/Furypion Sword: +162 Independent Attack (just more Ind Att than other Weapons), +1 to Lv.1-45 Skills, +5% All Attacks and attacks have a 3% chance to decrease all Cooldowns with 100s or less by 20% (Cooldown: 25s).
    At ~2.3k Ind Att (including the max Refine level of this sword as well), +162 Ind Att will be ~7% Damage. Including +1 to Bloody Cross and stuff like Outrage Break / Blood Sword / Raging Fury, you'll probably have almost the same Damage increase as from Liberation Weapon. The only good thing there is CDR effect, and even then you can proc it only once per 25 seconds. Maybe it's good for swap while using Mana Vortex full set, but other than that? I dunno, this Short Sword looks kinda lackluster...
    Jacklyne's Sword: Gwimyeondo: up to +300 STR and -300 INT, +30% Skill Attack to Lv.40-45 Skills, +7% Bonus Critical Damage (Bonus Critical modifier).
    STR increase isn't that much to Zerk. Now +30% Skill Attack to Blood Sword and Outrage Break is something (especially if you're using 9pc Blood Reaper), not to mention Bonus Crit Damage! I'm not sure if it's really fit for any Epic item build, but it's good for our Chron builds. Too bad this sword is gonna be stupidly expensive - classes like Asura, Chaos and Dark Knight benefit much more from it than Zerk, so expect to see many faces trying to get one from AH.
    Slingshot Smash: +12% All Attacks, +10% Damage (Elenore modifier), +10% Damage against Human enemies (Elenore modifier) and +3 Lv. to Bludgeon Mastery.
    Damn, now that's good (I find it kinda funny that Anton/Luke Legendary Bludgeons are better than other Anton/Luke Slayer Legendary Weapons)! Bludgeon Mastery is irrelevant to us, but other stuff really puts it on par with Giant Nugol Form! And if you're dealing with Human enemies, then it's actually better and deals ~32% Damage!
    There's just one thing: unlike Anton dungeons, most of Named/Boss monsters in Luke dungeons are Mechanical, not Human (although there are still Human-type enemies, just not as much). That's why you'll still need to find another weapon for Luke dungeons (but you can swap for this one when dealing with Human-type enemies), but for Anton Raid this thing is really good.

I'm not gonna mention Lv.90 Epics - they are all better than anything else we've had (not to mention that Lv.90 Epic Weapon or Savior is a must for Zerk in Luke Raid).

Oh, and I'm not really proud of those Berserker equipment posts of mine - I really want to write a full Berserker guide, but I don't even have enough time to update those few posts (need to update Starting Weapon / Endgame Weapon / Elemental Armor / Neutral Armor posts). And with the way we're getting so many important updates, I even need to update Sub-Equip/Magic Stone posts now. Imagine updating a full-fledged guide, with Skills/Enchants/Videos/Anton Normals Tips/Anton Raid Tips/etc, and all of those should be updated even with minor changes! I fear that if I'll start writing it, I might not be able to update it with a good pace...

5. Does the thirst ability increase in Iron Armor Gaiters disappear when i recast thirst?

6. madchickins Zhu c 666

Recasting anything removes previous buffs and applies the new one. Thirst is also real-time for the damage boost skills under bleeding effect, but snapshot for bleed levels and duration inflicted by frenzy.

7. anyone getting luck with drops?
    so we get Black Formal + Five senses + Babylon earrings and muramasa as BiS?
    any other sets that are just as good?

8. Yarai

IGN:
    Yarai
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Got muramasa, five sense bracelet, and 1 piece black formal. Pretty good start I guess lol

9. SolarWings

Guild:
    Catalyst
    Should I give up Light Sword Masamune for Cursed Sword: Muramasa?

10. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Yes.

11. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Pandemonium Gentleman? lol no
    Five Senses? Yes
    Babylonian? Until we get Luke Raid, yes.

Yes, just don't forget about your Crit Rate later on.

12. Zorc James One Skill, one kill

IGN:
    Mazurn, Kyaho
    Guild:
    NewWorld (Mazurn)
    Server:
    Cain
    ScreenShot2017_0121_082953010.jpg
    So I feel that with the introduction of 90 cap, and with the removal of hardcore and magic seals, I feel I have jumped considerably. Would you guys call me ready? (once I find enough Gold Emblems, that is)

13. madchickins Zhu c 666

do you have another belt and sub equipment?

14. Zorc James One Skill, one kill

IGN:
    Mazurn, Kyaho
    Guild:
    NewWorld (Mazurn)
    Server:
    Cain
    For Belt, all I have else is Submarine Volcano and Mana Swirl. For Sub Equip, I am out of luck.

also, I should mention that I do need to change my title. It is still the light one from back when I was using Gracia. Nothing else to swap it with, though.

15. RabidNinja

could you explain what you meant by "even if fire is a no go for luke raid'? im not caught up in terms of knowledge about luke/luke raid

16. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

What is your Crit Rate? Because I can't find any other reason as why is your Nugol Time equals 1:57 - you have A Tier Weapon (don't mind my outdated post about Endgame Weapons - HLS is A Tier after rework), best Lv.85 Epic Accessory set, good Smash/Crit modifier items AND being Lv.89. But none of them give you any amount of Crit Rate.
    Use Mana Swirl as Belt, because none of your other items can proc Burn.
    Get Great Glory Armband from 200 Hours Honey Jar (or buy 600 Quest mats for 900 Pandemonium Waste and then buy Armband from Luther) from Event Shop.
    Use Meat Lover title - it gives you +12 All Elemental Damage. It's really simple to get from Feat Quest (the Valley of the Half-breeds).

Your gear clearly shows that you're ready for Anton Raid. But your biggest problem is Crit Rate right now - without it, your damage is much lower than it supposed to be.

If you look closely at Lv.90 Epics, you won't see any "+X Fire/Water/Light Shadow Damage" on them (except World Pendulum and some of Lv.90 Epic Magic Stones) - most of items just give you "+X All Elemental Damage". There's pretty much no specific Elemental builds with Lv.90 Epics - people just go either with their native Element (Shadow for Soul Bender/ Avenger etc., Water for Glacial Master, Light for Nen Master, Fire for Kunoichi) or they get Light/Shadow enchants (depending on what party members and what dungeons they'll have in Luke Raid).
    The cutline for Luke Raid is very high, and Berserker is not in favor there - you need some very good Epics in order to be a member of static Raid party.
    Because of that, some Elemental builds that go well in Anton Raid can't go in Luke Raid.
    Can you use Submarine Volcano (not even talking about Fire Legendaries) in Luke Raid as Zerk? No, it's too weak. 114 Fire Damage and 8% Fire Elenore isn't that great compared to Dark Gothic, which still have its use in Light-themed dungeons of Luke Raid (and it's just stronger: 180 Shadow Damage and 10% Shadow Elenore).
    Can you use Ice Princess Breath in Luke Raid as Zerk? Yes, but you need to compensate its damage with other great Epics (Savior/Lv.90 Epic Weapon, Metalline/Golden Armor set (or at least 3pc + good single Epic Armor pieces) and Pars/Rosetta/Babylon). Don't forget about Amplification as well.
    Can you use Dark Gothic in Luke Raid as Zerk? Yes, but you need to compensate its damage with other great Epics (Savior/Lv.90 Epic Weapon, Infinite Avarice pieces or Five Senses (aka Sensory Satisfaction) set and Pars/Rosetta/Babylon). Don't forget about Amplification as well.
    Can you use Gracia in Luke Raid as Zerk? No, it's too weak.

And then there's requirement for Cooldown Reset items, which Berserker REALLY need in Luke Raid...

EDIT: @Ganked By Cat - I forgot about posting my Skill build:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I maxed Blood Memory in this build just because it'll be a mandatory Skill after its rework - for now you can lower it and max Bloody Rose. In case you have more than enough Crit Rate - lower Focus: Physical Critical as much as needed.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  17. Zorc James One Skill, one kill

IGN:
    Mazurn, Kyaho
    Guild:
    NewWorld (Mazurn)
    Server:
    Cain
    My Current crit rate, adding in the Meat Lover's Title and Mana Vortex, is 60.8. This is due to the fact that I have yet to put on the two Anton Crit Beads (belt and shoes) until I am certain of a build, as well as the fact that I only have 4 Gold Physical crit emblems, 4 Silver Physical crit emblems and no phys/str emblems. When I tested for nugol, however, I did add in 20 Crit Chance, for making up not having what I said to see what my maximum damage output would be.

As for all the other possible applications of Crit, I do have a maxed out Kane's bead on my shoulder, as well as a guild bead on my sub equip. For my weapon, however, since I only just recently obtained it from hell mode and that +5 tickets are exuberantly expensive (and my luck seems to be terrible) it is only +3.

If there is anything more needed from my setup, I am happy to oblige and help out.

18. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Do you include Crit Rate from Blood Memory as well? It's not much (~4% per Bleeding enemy with Lv.16 Blood Memory), but Training Room doesn't count Nugol as Named/Boss monster. In reality, you'll get three stacks per Bleeding Named/Boss enemy (so ~12% Crit Rate increase), which is really good.

How good is your swap set right now? And what are your other enchants?
    And do Refine your HLS to the max - you're missing ~350 Ind Att at Refine 3, which is a huge damage increase for you.

19. Zorc James One Skill, one kill

IGN:
    Mazurn, Kyaho
    Guild:
    NewWorld (Mazurn)
    Server:
    Cain
    I did not, actually. I just knew that buffs were a good thing to capitalize on. However, since HLS gives +2 levels to 20-50 skills, my stacks are at ~13% with it being lvl 18.

With my swap set, I do already have a Kazan's Curse (that I am thinking of replacing due to the aforementioned HLS buff +2), Sweet Dreamer Cat +2, King's Book Hell Bringer +1, Halidom Top +1, Rare Clone top + Plat +2, Petite Blood Evil +1 and Big Sacrum Gaiters which give +1. I do have the High Tech Slayer Ring, which I do believe gives Derange +1 after Infinite, but I am also still on the hunt for my own Captain Trooper's Iron Armor Gaiters.

As for enchants, sadly, I am still farming for good water enchants.

20. madchickins Zhu c 666

worry about water enchants last, the damage increase isnt that much compared to a proper derange setup and refine 8. I can show you what a refine 8 setup looks like with your exact setup and proper derange swap.

I didnt show the upper end of my stats when i opened it. Also the CP setup is +8 water enchant damage, very affordable. And i ran this without a proper crit rate setup. Evaluate what i'm doing maybe you might learn something new!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I did this to show you how powerful refine 8 can be compared to a low refined weapon. The time is faster and i'm missing 5 pieces of gear. Prioritize refinement. It is the powerhouse to your damage.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)