Bee's Mother of All Battle Mage Guides

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Nan0teck, May 20, 2014.

1. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena
    With a heck of a lot more X axis and Y axis reach...
    Well, whatever. I personally think it can be abused a lot, especially out-ranging things that cause other players to be locked in animation without SA (spitfire's crossmore comes to mind)
    Technically, you can essentially block off that route of attack as well... if you can predict their approach (blade master's raging dragon slash, or maybe a monk that constantly tries to approach on a diagonal?)

Has anything else changed like this? I know there's SA on normal attacks now for dungeons, but with my slow attack speed it only lasted halfway through the thing before my next normal attack. It doesn't affect the arena anyway...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Almadyne cute n poplar

"I'm gonna make my old stabbing wheel shadow chaser build"
    [​IMG]
    Oh.

3. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Yo, all the Chasers are fucking OP now. Also yeah, Chasers are now linked to our bread and butter physical skills.

Also, spamming Chasers during GDS and Punto is fucking amazing.

"How do I shot chaser"
    "autokey chaser luncher"
    "thanks mang"

Like Blob said, this is actually fucking legit now.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  4. Almadyne cute n poplar

They always were during chaser gen!
    I'm just thinking, doesn't this give us a lot more SP?

5. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    No, I mean like...the CD of Chaser Launcher gets reduced to like 0.1s during GDS/Punto. It's fucking insane.

Also, it does free up quite a bit of SP, but then again...now we have to max Water Chaser :V (more like, every Chaser ever pretty much)

6. Almadyne cute n poplar

Don't worry that's how I felt too.
    Oh dear am I really coming back to this class without my gravekeeper.

7. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Probably maxing out Chaser Generator now as well since we can have 100% uptime on it and just spam Chasers forever.

8. Orbus

I always spammed chasers during punto wave, though it looks like its even more spammable during it now.
    You couldn't even use more than one chaser using gold dragon spear before, this is a decent size buff to it.

The way chaser and their related skills work now is kind of strange, but its not a terribly huge deal since I tend to max all those attacks anyway, and since shadow and fire chasers are pretty much bread&butter of every bmage and comes with stabbing wheel and palm blast it actually makes them cost a lot less sp.
    The issue is with dragon fang and weapon upper and the fact that they end up costing you more sp than you save with fire and dark chasers if you want upper and fang maxed.
    Heck I'd be fine with lv10 weapon upper, but its progression is linked to one of those chasers and progresses a lot slower as a result.

To get equivalent of lv10 weapon upper I think you need lv20 light chaser, if the value on launcher skills of other classes is anything to go by.
    The reason I talk about other classes launching skills to compare is because I know bmage weapon upper launch power was about the same as all the others, but looking at the duowan planner generic mage weapon upper at lv10 only has 120% launching power.

So yeah now you have to spend around 800sp to get the same equivalent launcher skill every other class gets for 200sp.
    Unless you actually plan on using light chaser, that's a terrible trade off.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  9. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, that's what I meant. You could always spam Chaser Launcher during Punto, but not during GDS. It's been changed so you can spam during both AND the CD of Chaser Launcher gets drastically reduced.

Also, since it's pretty much worth maxing every Chaser now, you don't end up saving any SP at all l0l

10. Orbus

I guess.
    Since fire and dark don't do more than the other chasers now they're not the only ones worth using for damage and you only need to launch one dark and fire chaser every 30 seconds or so to keep their buffs up.

Neutral chaser forever the bastard child though.
    Gives a small boost to basic attack upgrade.
    Call the police, I don't give a fuck.

11. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena
    In PvP i guess it's not a problem since light chaser's a must-max
    That said, does this mean that all other mages have their uppercuts nerfed (in launching power)? or is BM's uppercut buffed?
    The chasers cost 20sp/25sp, which also covers the cost of advancing the skill that generates the chaser. I think it's definitely worth maxing every one of them.

12. Ancientmoose Meteor Dash

Still rocking pure physical with spears here just like I did before.

She feels stronger than ever and I'm loving it.

Hopefully I'll awaken soon and get to play with the new buffed Teana.

13. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    Yeah I have to agree. She feels so much stronger than she used to. All of the classes do to some degree, but I can really feel it with Battle Mage. Early on her chasers deal the same damage as her standard attacks which is pretty hilarious.

As for the chasers, being able to level chasers AND main attack moves is actually awesome and saves a lot of points. You can even turn chaser generation off for certain chasers until you get the All-In-One chaser thing going. My beef with chasers is that using them is still so very clunky thanks to the lack of command options for it. (I'd like to put it on space bar, like I do with most on the fly mid-combo moves.

Maybe I should just switch to pure physical and never touch chasers except for Shadow/Fire for the buffs. I can still use the generated chasers for other things anyway like Fusion or Chaser Press. How are spears? I never actually used one.

14. Ancientmoose Meteor Dash

Ah yeah. I use a controller so I have chaser launcher bound to left trigger. Makes using it mid-combo a bit easier. It's probably the only move I have that I actually have on a hotkey and is not manually inputted. Moves that can't be input customized drive me nuts.

15. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    OP has been updated and link taken down for now.

16. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    I really hope nothing comes from here HEH. There's a reason r/DFO is my current preferred source of entertainment :fmage:

17. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    HEHH

18. Dubin carried by fmage

hey wait is that the source of the bestmage best advice that you quoted in step one of how to not be crap
    because it's a perfect bizarro-world opposite-day of what you should do

19. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    I learned that Chaser Press is the strongest skill in the game. Chaser Press is the best Battle Mage build, especially when leveling. :fmage:

20. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena
    Gonna admit, I play PvE battlemage like PvP ish. Which is to say, not spamming cubes and instead doing XXX combos. I've played through pretty much everything so far on hard road solo (since i don't have king's road/isn't implemented yet), but i am (as of writing) only level 49.
    But really it's just XXX proc all chasers meteor fullswing then combo what's left? Later on group mobs and nuke with enchanted or ult. punto?
    Or nuke with chaser press
    GDS?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)