Bee's Mother of All Battle Mage Guides

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Nan0teck, May 20, 2014.

1. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    How do you know BM wasn't Best Mage all along? :fmage:

2. ikumi

IGN:
    Wield
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Later in 85 cap, do we max Teana as a physical bm Bee?

3. Anonguy11

As of New Balance 3, all 1st awakenings cost 0 SP and max themselves for you.
    But that'll be a while from where we start.

4. ikumi

IGN:
    Wield
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh that's a nice plus. I'll be looking forward to that update. :)

5. Anonguy11

Another thing from New Balance 3 is True Punto Wave and Golden Dragon Spear will shift between physical and magic damage depending on if strength or intelligence is higher.
    So you can now max GDS if you want as a phys BM.

6. ikumi

IGN:
    Wield
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Yesss! This is good. I love GDS! That super grab:D

7. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Whatever patch changes Teana from a fixed skill to an all percent skill is where it is essential (class saving) to get max Teana. I think it's a little after the start of Season 3 DDay.

8. ikumi

IGN:
    Wield
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    oh okay. That's good, thanks!

9. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah...Meteor Dash and Teana saving p.bm ass all day LOL

10. ikumi

IGN:
    Wield
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Ultimate Punto Wave later on too.

11. Heroshi

IGN:
    Heroshi
    Server:
    Cain
    So with all of the changes lately, does Physical hold its own? My friend loved Physical BM but got let down when he noticed magical was the strongest or something. I've skimmed the thread and have pretty much told him to just do what he wants as, well, any class can do well with gear and devotion.

12. Does true punto wave finisher get changed to have conversion apply to it?

13. Anonguy11

It's not so much "conversion works" as it is a self-selecting system where the damage dealt is based on if STR/INT is higher. About it.
    Also, you can (as of NB3) launch the finisher with Z

14. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    When I played Chaser Press BM pre-New Balance (DFO and early KDnF), whatever dominance Magic had over Physical seemed kinda balanced by how hard the playstyle was. I don't mean that its hard to get into execution wise, its that the penalty for missing Chaser Press was huge. If you didn't get the optimal setup to one shot a room (in OV), the class became literally useless at that point. Failing the room load Chaser Press rush in a lot of endgame encounters would make everything exponentially harder from then on, and there were no shortage of ways to mess up. This doesn't even include a lot of other huge annoyances such as the dependence on Chaser Generator (huge downtime) and damage buff "time limits" (old Battle Groove, Shadow King Chaser duration, etc.). On the other hand, Physical can play a more balanced game with a lot less conditions for higher damage than magic (still quite a bit existed, though). At the time, there was still a clear difference in damage potential beyond this whole skillcap thing, though.

But... you asked about their current standing. Post May Balance (KDnF), Physical additionally gets huge damage buffs to some fundamental skills to combine with all of the quality of life stuff all BMs got from New Balance like Super Armor on a lot of moves. In particular, Full Swing damage was increased by +100% (really close to Meteor Dash now) and both Punto Waves basically get changed to push a lot more of the damage to the finishers (way burstier). Also, it's not like they don't benefit from the infinite uptime Chaser Generator change and huge chaser launching buffs (RIP hybrid design). Basically, overall Physical BM non-Teana damage went up which is what we've been asking for forever (still needs some work though). People who still say Physical BM are bad have tierlist glasses on or are scrub fnen/asura players who don't know what it's like to struggle. Right now, they are in a better place than almost half the cast already without counting infinite Teana (which requires a specific Epic ring btw).

Comparing physical to magic is kind of a different story, though. Even though the mob defense changes over the years seemed to make Chaser Press weaker from the dominance of D-Day, the huge buffs to sustain DPS along with big changes like infinite Chaser Generator and Battle Groove combo drop buff retention probably still make Magic stronger than Physical at most gear tiers for the average player. A lot of that hard to play and useless after missed press stuff I said earlier are completely gone now because of this. It's even possible to literally play without Chaser Press.

Honestly, it's really hard to compare mostly fixed classes vs mostly percent classes right now and my phys gear is way behind in comparison to my main build to give a good opinion on this. Although I could say the way I play my Magic BM would take a ridiculous amount of gear for a lot of percent classes to even just keep up, I don't think I'll ever be close enough to some of the infinite Teana Physical BMs as any Magic build.

BM is still a character love class. Love it or just quit =x

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  15. toastybake

dual build license, btw from what i noticed, magic build requires setup and focus. Where physical is just like.. mindelss destruction! depends on your mood/playstyle.

16. I was able to clear significantly faster with magic rather than physical when I tried them out on first server yesterday. Magic BM gets 100% magic crit chance with magic crit passive, fusion chaser with tp, and shadow chaser. Combining that with ancient library, fusion chaser, battle groove, and fire chaser for much more int, her ex skills to ridiculous burst damage. Chaser also has the higher DPS as well since all you really have to do is turn chaser generator on, spam random buttons while mashing chaser launcher, and you're doing good DPS.

17. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena

Punto can now be abused in PvP for its insane Y axis reach? (Skip to 1m 28s, and also again at around 2m 30s)

18. Alduina Still Art Dick

they changed it so you can cancel into swing instead of canceling the skill completey iirc
    it's pretty much a super armoured full swing

19. brookie

IGN:
    Atakiro/Sysslena
    Except its Y axis reach is massive...

You can move your opponent into a corner while juggling then camp them with the huge hitbox... provided they don't SA through it (though you can just fire a chaser and possibly knockdown/launch).
    Sure, its startup time is slightly slower... but it'd be essentially blade master's draw blade but with launch and can lead into a combo

20. Alduina Still Art Dick

you mean it's a super armoured full swing.

that launches.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)