Bee's Mother of All Battle Mage Guides

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Nan0teck, May 20, 2014.

1. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    e: Link has been taken down until I get around to updating it again. The guide has been written over two years ago, and with so many changes to the subclass over the years, it is now completely invalid. I have made the guide private until I actually get around to updating it again so it doesn't continue to spread old, crappy 70 cap info. It's going to take a long ass time to rework everything, so I've decided I will instead make a bunch of short informative posts and videos from time to time on the forums and the DFO subreddit, and compile the materials that build up overtime into one larger guide, replacing the current one.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

does anyone have any vids of phys bam's in current kdnf?

it seems that theyve kinda gone extinct and that magic bam's are the way to go now

3. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Phys BM a ssssssshhhhhhiiiiiiiiitt now, magic is god tier. I dunno what I'm gonna do when I start playing again; never really was into the playstyle on the magic side so I might just continue being pig tier.

4. Raven Black Dingle

How about magic in our version? BM is always something I wanted to make but never got around to in old DFO.

5. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain

There's still OverStray.

6. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    If you're hella geared, anything is possible hue

and yeah Magic is still good even in 70 cap

7. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

from what i remember, 70 cap magic bam is based entirely on chaser press. chasers themselves dont do enough damage like they do in 85 cap

8. Nier FPriest main since 2017

If you still have halgi and soul chaser which is like unobtainable in 80/85 cap.

9. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh fuck I forgot about that ; A;

10. Orbus

Having played some cdnf, physical bmages get much better in future patches.
    A host of large buffs all around and gold dragon spear and ultimate punto wave deal physical or magic damage based on which of your attack or magic attack is higher.

They still don't hold a candle to magic (ie chaser press) builds, but that's an unfair comparison in the first place.

11. Powder Rune Lullaby of Birdland

IGN:
    Gumdrop
    Guild:
    #BLESSED
    Server:
    Cain
    Pretty much in the same boat as you. Phys BM was so fun and I loved it, but then I don't wanna be dead weight compared to my partymates. I haven't tried Magic BM at all so maybe I'll see about giving it a shot when DFO relaunches.

12. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Here's the short of BM post KDnF New Balance + Chronicle Set Rework

Magic:
    Double Imbue Shadow Chaser Press hasn't changed forever up until New Balance where all the chasers do around the same damage anyway. Overall, sustain damage goes way up, so it's not so punishing to fail a chaser press setup. Also, there's the ridiculous Relentless Chaser set remake that lets you mash huge chasers like crazy. Not many people try it since it's the anti-chaser press set, though.

Physical:
    Damage is still kind of weak compared to other classes but is consistent now thanks to all the super armor stuff, but Teana is kind of overpowered and saves the class. OverStray has that 85 magical girl pole epic that buffs Teana duration and other stuff + the 85 epic leather set that gives a lot of stats and at full set gives a +50% Elenore effect + an epic ring that resets all cooldowns at a chance while attacking for Teana. So yeah... that's pretty close to the final form of physical BM lols.

Of course, there's the May balance patch that's happening right now, so who knows now.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  13. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

are phys Bam's unaffected by the inability to juggle endgame? i thought a lot of their gameplay was built around it?

14. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    If you mean the whole BM is anti-party because they blow away mobs everywhere, that's still kinda true. There are a bit more tools you get for better mob control later, though, like xxx basic attack doesn't knockdown and OTG Punto Wave.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Orbus

Basic attacks worked very well in cdnf and all three basic attacks get super armor too, along with some skills.
    I guess they finally realized that a class that thrives on chaining the ever loving crap out of their attacks while their most basic form of attacking causes enemies to be knocked on their butt isn't a good design choice.

By the way, even though I played a physical bmage I leveled press and generator.
    Let me tell you, a phys bmage may not be specced for press, but they can still clean house with a full set of large chasers.
    You just wont be one shotting ov/ancient dungeon monsters with it like a magic bmage.

16. Powder Rune Lullaby of Birdland

IGN:
    Gumdrop
    Guild:
    #BLESSED
    Server:
    Cain
    living the dream

Out of curiosity, what other skills get added super armor? I may stick to physical BM after all if launch includes at least 80 cap and/or some major tuning.

17. Orbus

Full swing, the second hit of double swing, chaser press, gold dragon spear
    I don't remember if punto wave had it before, but if it didn't it does now.
    I think palm strike already had it, but I'll list it anyway. It's got it on a full charge attack.
    Meteor strike has super armor regardless of if its charged, and has it even when charging it.

She's not high enough level to test ultimate punto wave or magical swing, but considering the previous things listed its not hard to guess whether or not they have it.

So yeah, damn near every bmage specific attack has super armor in that patch.

Obviously being a physical build I don't have time bomb or fusion to test.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. Wait what? Super armor on x attacks? Need vids nao.

19. Orbus

20. entoxic Pawn of Poison

Says videos private

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)