Battle Mage General Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Lucifer, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    And then I gat gud all of a sudden. That, or Delez is being really fucking charitable.

ScreenShot2017_0102_031706289.jpg ScreenShot2017_0102_031245850.jpg ScreenShot2017_0102_032643184.jpg 1st, 2nd, and 4th run of the day. Still using full Halidom, btw. lol

2. epiphenom

IGN:
    Kassantha
    I wrote a post back on November 25th that contains a basic skeleton build. Just go a few pages back.

"Worth" kind of depends on how much money you have. There are a lot of good pets out there, but which one is right for you primarily depends upon your gear. If you don't have a smash mod the Olympus pet is probably the best one. If you have smash and crit smash covered, Behemoth is good for raw stats. Petit Astarte covers crit smash a little bit, but has the key +1 Apostlize which is very powerful for anyone with Refined Amnesia Stone Ring.

Definitely don't overvalue the +masteries on Petit Astarte and the +skills on Behemoth, though. They're not nothing, but also not very much. Our masteries are very weak compared to similarly-named skills on other classes: they provide a little physical attack, a little hit rate, and some crit rate as well. We don't really need the hit or crit so we're just talking about the physical attack, and that's +2% of your unmodified patk per point. That actually works out to something like +1.4% of your total patk, which translates to even less of our overall damage (because not all damage we deal is physical). For most purposes you can just act like it doesn't do anything and you won't be too far off. It's the same reason why we don't put a high priority on adding mastery points via title or platinum emblem. Generalized +level 20 skills should get better after the major class balance overhaul where we pick up Goddess of the Battlefield but I don't have any information right now about how much +1 to that actually does.

3. Napk1nZ

Hello guys i got a question regarding which set up is better
    set up 1 is 3 piece gp 6 pce gracia and ray of decree
    set up 2 is 6 pce gracia , ray of decree, Ikki's magic gloves, curtain of death belt, king's road keeper: sacred light
    im wondering if not getting gp set and replacing the slots with other epics and legendary will do better or not
    also im using war goddess and petit so i dont need smash
    thank you

4. Erollisi

IGN:
    Erollisi
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    First setup is better until you find better offslots. Sacred light is expensive for small gains and Ikki's magic gloves dont add I.atk so they are slightly worse Great Glory sub.

5. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    not sure if this was addressed already, but it turns out battle groove DOES work on something! it works on dimension rend, which is basically the only thing that matters to me right now anyway :ok:

maybe we'll finally have a fully working battle groove in 2 weeks, yeah?

6. Zubat

how do you know this? Apostilize constantly puts u in a state of stage 3 battle groove...

7. anyone have a break down of plats that are good right now?

8. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    test lvl 1 battle groove vs (over)max battle groove

9. Zubat

ok nice to know it works on something

10. mrmule

I finally found an epic weapon for my BM and it's chaser master. From what I can tell, my lib spear beats it right now. Do I keep the chaser master or is it just plain bad now?

11. Fuyumi Homeless

IGN:
    Fuyumi
    Guild:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Server:
    Cain
    You now proceed to cry.

12. [​IMG][​IMG]

How often does this bleed especially in raid?
    How much more dmg does this do over lib?

How do they both compare to this?[​IMG]
    Is the 10% on bleeding enemies smash?
    Is the petite pet smash?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  13. cathead

This happened to me this morning too. :( On top of that it's cursed so I'm not even sure I want to bother with the gold to uncurse and reinforce it, since I barely have any pieces of Relentless and it sounds like it's not worth it over lib otherwise.

I knew as soon as I made that lib spear I'd get an epic weapon to drop but... not like this :notlikethis:

• Burn Heal Burn Heal x 1
    • List

14. Could be worse... I got a sick aqua crystal....

15. epiphenom

IGN:
    Kassantha
    http://www.dfoneople.com/news/updates/605/Character-Balance-Updates/Mage

Second revamp confirmed for patch. Of note, the third minor revamp that occurred with the generalized character balancing is not in, since Goddess of the Battlefield is not present in the notes. Official translations: "Wild Dragon Dance" -> Dragon Rampage. "Dance of Apostle/Apostle's Waltz" -> Apostle Dance.

Can't wait.

16. Fuyumi Homeless

IGN:
    Fuyumi
    Guild:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Server:
    Cain
    Sure hope it actually fixes battlegroove -fingers crossed-. :9:

17. Linkus

Set Quasars to fun
    :hypeisreal:

18. Aeschine

Super excited about the buffs. Was expecting the changes to come later, but I won't say no to a nice surprise like this.

19. Navii

I much preferred Apostle's Waltz, but I'm so excited nonetheless for the changes to finally arrive :D

20. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    We're finally getting the buffs we deserve
    :saltbear::gootecks:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)