Battle Mage General Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Lucifer, Jun 2, 2014.

1. mMarikom I actually never know what I'm doing

IGN:
    Foleo, PrincessSama
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    ...what do you mean no idea what to do lol

Drop Water Chaser/Enchanted Swing/Meteor Dash/Maybe Time Bomb etc. I'm able to max more skills now than I was before we got the DFOG version of the rework and I have all of my chasers and several skills maxed with a contract build. I don't mean to sound mean but what you're asking is again...something very intuitive. The new skills are must maxes. She has several places to draw SP from now. When the new skills come get the must maxes and drop the filler. Until then don't worry about it.

2. Don't the new skills max at level 1?(except that passive and Twinkle).

Aren't those skills awakening only?

Twinkle Smash a must max?

3. mMarikom I actually never know what I'm doing

IGN:
    Foleo, PrincessSama
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Twinkle Smash replaces Enchanted Swing. I already said in a previous post that you can draw points from here. It is literally enchanted swing without the debuff effect.
    Quasar levels with Teana IIRC. Dance of the Apostles does not.
    You can use Dance of the Apostles in or out of Awakening.
    Chain Quasar is Teana/Apostlize only.

4. So is there any Legendary Spear better than Liberation?

Even w/ them Gracia explosion procs or w/o?

[​IMG]
    How much would you buy this for if you needed this and did not have a better weapon?

What could this be worth?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    ScreenShot2016_1222_223212628.jpg

Getting better.

6. Ipsen

I was curious: Can anyone recall if the Battle Groove bug was something that occured in kDNF at the time this recent (big) update arrived there?

Or, in short, are we getting copypasted bugs, or was this a 'surprise' from Neople?

7. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I asked Yunha and he said there was one but it was fixed in their version.

8. A8modeus

IGN:
    Eldire
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bugs everywhere :fmage:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  9. Cross187

IGN:
    FlashLuna
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    We call that one a feature :fmage:

10. Fuyumi Homeless

IGN:
    Fuyumi
    Guild:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Server:
    Cain
    When you literally have an army of chasers behind you and you decide to Chaser Press :thumbsup: nice damazi cap

11. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    I can't believe this is happening.....but, is shining intelligence worth a smack for gracia battlemage?
    Right now I'm using ominous fang since I got it and a shadow chaser +2 title for pretty much free. I don't plan on grinding for lib unless they release some appeasing stone event.

12. Fuyumi Homeless

IGN:
    Fuyumi
    Guild:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Server:
    Cain
    Try it out and watch in horror as your X strings move in slow motion. :dkface:

13. Aeschine

Hey guys, I just started playing a BM and hit cap recently. Just a few questions if you guys could help out:

1) I read that gear usually goes 85 Epics > Massacre Spear > Liberation. Is the only way to acquire Massacre Spear from farming EX Vilmark, buying from AH, or crafting it?
    2) In order to get max buffs from various skills and chasers, I have to use Fusion Chaser and use a chaser recently. Since Chaser evolution gives all buffs based on chaser usage, I should choose the element I have the highest numbers in, right?
    3) Any way to make Chaser Launcher more accessible without binding it to a hotkey and holding it down during an ability? It makes x-string + chaser launcher a bit awkward at times.
    4) Do you guys use Chaser Launcher EX in your rotations along with Chaser Launcher or is the difference small enough to not bother?
    5) I noticed that people have been saying to max Time Bomb. Is it because the magic defense debuff is useful as certain skills also do magic damage or is there another reason?

Thanks in advance.

14. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    1) you can also compound it from any of the requiem/ancient legendaries. I think Massacre spear would only beat lib if you did not already have a crit smash source.
    2) Yes you can do that. You can also just choose neutral if you have an "inflict X element" or if you are using a colored cube contract. Neutral will absorb your weapon element.
    3) Chaser launcher can not be manual. It must be on a hotkey. What I usually recommend is being able to press your auto attack and CL easily together (ie I have auto attack on X and CL on V)
    4) I do use ex launcher
    5) It's good in a party as it reduces magical def, but our chasers are also magical. Basically if you have magical teana on, the mag def reduction will help. Later on the mag def reduction will be removed.

15. epiphenom

IGN:
    Kassantha
    1) Don't worry too much about Massacre Spear. Liberation's not too terribly far off and way easier to get. You could even use the 80 epic box on Imperial Guard's Bayonet although that is very much a budget option.
    2) The buffs are the same no matter what element you choose. Picking the element only really matters for dealing the highest damage. Note that you can also pick Neutral if you inflict the element via contract or equipment ability.
    3) Not really. I guess you could Auto HotKey it but use of AHK is not supported by Neople. Other people have used controllers rather than the keyboard and had some success. For me I just have it on a key and tap it when needed, so there is kind of a piano effect where I'm hitting keys all the time.
    4) EX is very important. It should be on an easily accessible key and essentially always on cooldown. Especially during machine-gun cubes like Punto Wave you should find a key where you can hammer the EX button too to make sure you're launching them at the highest possible rate. It's not a small difference - EX deals 3x the damage of a launch, and although various setups generate chasers at different rates, usually you have more than you can launch just with the normal launcher. Chasers don't do anything when floating behind you, so EX puts them to use.
    5) Time Bomb isn't an auto-max for every build. The reason to max it is because after the revamp we have more SP than we need to max out everything that's actually good, so we have to pick something that's only a little bit good. There are four or five things that qualify as only a little bit good, and which one you pick is almost entirely personal preference. Time Bomb makes you a little better at sustain damage on a target, at least until the mdef shred is removed in an upcoming patch, and it does some damage when things run away. That's at least as good as Double Swing, Enchanted Full Swing, or any of the other options that are also mediocre.

16. Aeschine

Thanks a lot for both of your replies, it helps out a lot.

17. Tenphoenix Your Fave

IGN:
    DaRealTen
    Guild:
    ActaSanctum
    I achieved my goals for this hell event first an refined amnesia stone ring dropped on Saturday and then I got an Incomplete Infinity Piercing today from Epic Road.

I can finally say so long to my +12 Bayonet. Now time to go bald fooling around w/ Kiri

18. Napk1nZ

hello guys i got a +12 reinforced lib spear and a +10 amplified twinkle, i was just wondering if the 20% smash will beat the 2 level deficit ?, im also planning on buying a +11 ticket and try to get that pole to +11 will it be worth it?

19. mMarikom I actually never know what I'm doing

IGN:
    Foleo, PrincessSama
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Hello stranger

If your Crystal Twinkle Magic Shot is amped with STR/INT and R8 you could honestly just go Magical Teana to turn stuff into fixed magical damage. You'd have to rework enchants if you have phys. attack ones but you could get more out of your pole and when partying with a Sader the extra smash should almost certainly outweigh the piercing (and definitely with Magical Teana on).

20. Napk1nZ

ok thanks , i dont have to change from str to int right? since all my equip are str based except my insignia with phy and str

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)