Battle Mage General Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Lucifer, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Lucifer Lucifer

IGN:
    Lucifer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. So according to me playing DnF right now, punto wave's rapid poking damage is 80% weapon damage per poke.

I guess they really don't want me poking anything.

3. Orbus

I think I read that they moved the brunt of the damage to the finishing swing.
    Not quite sure what the point of doing that would be though.

4. I guess so you can just press z the moment you start the skill for a second full swing.

5. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    For the magic BMs who just used punto wave for its multihit, Neople made the stabs faster and added more hits. For the physical BMs who are more likely to immediately press Z to go straight to the "full swing" finisher, they took the percent damage from the stab portion and moved it to the finisher while also removing the stab requirement to increase the finisher's damage (last hit always does max damage).

• List
  6. toastybake

neople best..

what about the scrub spear weilding ducks that just cancel out of the hit stun for a palm blast, or some other stupid combo. what did they do for them (me)..

7. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Well... uh... that combo still works I guess lol.

8. Orbus

If they added more hits then its even better for physical bmages now, even if the stab damage does suck.
    Gotta build up that battle grove.

Does the timebomb trick still work in later versions?

9. If you mean time bomb automatically comboing, I don't see why not.

10. Reaching 21k phys attack in dungeon with nothing but a +11 85 pink magic seal spear and trash lvl 70 magic seal armor. 3.3k str and int as well. over 12k in town phys attack. 100% phys crit chance from nothing but shadow chaser, 2nd awakening passive, and phys crit passive.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  11. A battle mage reorganization is on test server. Google translate doesn't work well with it. Very significant changes.

12. Palm blast, dragon fang, stabbing wheel, and weapon uppercut can no longer be leveled up. All chasers are now acquirable starting at level 10 for 20 sp per level (25 for fire and shadow). Leveling up a chaser now levels the skill that procs it. This means a maxed out water chaser for example (rank 38 with contract) will result in a maxed out dragon fang of the same rank. The exception is weapon uppercut still maxes out at rank 20. Neutral chaser levels up the battle mage passive she gets upon class advancing that makes her basic attacks different. Seems to say it makes her basic attacks stronger, 21% at max rank with contract.

Double swing shockwave is now percent damage and the skill now deals more total damage than full swing.

2nd awakening passive no longer works with buffs (library doesn't give str anymore for example).

13. Enoch the Fierce Quit.

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Magic Teana is kill

14. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    It wasn't really alive to begin with. I was outdamaging Magic Teana on my Magic BM at level 50. I only use Teana for very specific fights but that's just about it.

If they want to fix Teana and Apostlize all they need to do is change their Chasers or at least make their chasers actually work with Chronicle Gear.

15. I don't get the point of the teana/apostle form change. They don't want magic builds to ever use them no matter what?

16. Enoch the Fierce Quit.

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Chaser builds don't need them and Physical is underpowered lol

Do Physical BMs even find the new Chaser actives useful?

Also, some off topic speculation

ayy lmao Maybe they could Male Grappler and turn his Slam Kick, Rolling Spike, Low Fling, Air Steiner and Focused Fury into full %.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  17. Orbus

I wouldn't say that physical builds are underpowered but more like magic builds are too powerful.
    Even if physical builds are still considered underpowered, magic builds have always trumped them so hard that just by comparison physical builds look weak.

• List
  18. Enoch the Fierce Quit.

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Does Apostle form even add skill damage like Flame Legs?

19. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    Apostlelize does increase other skill's damage but I didn't get to test it enough since my Skill Contract expired and I'm only 81.

Apostlelize isn't even that good for Magic Bm's anyways because Apostle Chasers are just bad compared to Evolved Chasers. They do less far damage and you can't use Evolved Chaser Launcher in Apostlelize which confuses me. Why make a level 75 and a level 80 skill that doesn't work with 2nd. Awakening at all?

I also wish that this stupid "Fusion Chaser with Evolved Chasers" crash would get fixed. I crashed two times tonight trying to do a full clear of Trombe Powerstation because of it.

• List
  20. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    For post 2Awk passive BM, forcing all of the Teana/Apostle percent skills to physical is mostly a buff for all builds (masteries only increase PAtk). Magic Teana was bad mostly because it would auto convert to Magic because of INT>STR gearing while your MAtk would still be ridiculously lower than PAtk. Teana/Apostle is still sad for fixed/chaser builds. Neople makes wonders~

Damage wise, Chaser Evolution is situational for Chaser builds, even though the current KR version of it works with chaser chronicle gear and can be used in Apostle form. There's a bunch of other really sadlife reasons for this, too (DAMAGE CALCULATION BUGS). Endgame "Physical" builds probably skip it most of the time (Apostle chasers do the same multi-buff thing anyway), but I can imagine a few uses for it still. Strengthened Chaser Launcher is probably essential for all builds, even post nerf, since it works with Apostle chasers in KDnF.

It's only the buffs listed in the skill description (HP/PDef/MDef/MSpd/CSpd/MSpd/STR/INT/XAttackBuffs) and Apostle percent chasers (which can be used with Fusion Chaser, Strengthened Chaser Launcher, and Chaser Press). It's pretty much a 500 SP cost 40s/180s ~300 INT/STR buff for Chaser builds that forces you to burn Teana and use Chaser Evolution, though.

Also, I'm pretty sure the BM 2Awk skills are way different in CDnF versus KDnF (current live CDnF was the same as KDnF test). If anyone can check for me, this is what I think they are (I can only guess from looking at videos and online skill planners):

Both Literary and Military Arts (passive)
    CDnF - real time copies STR/INT. Still doesn't copy crits.
    KDnF - only copies pre-buff STR/INT once. Still doesn't copy crits.

Not sure if this was intentional. I think it had to do with people saying INT builds benefited way more from this passive due to base mage INT buff skills, but the new version just screws everyone over.

Chaser Evolution (active buff)
    CDnF - has own damage values (does not work with chronicle). Cannot be used in apostle form.
    KDnF - damage is based on a ratio of the chosen element chaser's damage (chronicle works. Max + contract Lv8 = 1.26*chaser). Can be used in apostle form.

CDnF's Chaser Evolution is terrible for damage with all builds, chaser or not. It goes from situational to worse than useless the moment you get a chaser chronicle piece or you get a weapon like Elemental Stick or the deathblow event growth pinks. Even though the KDnF version looks amazing in comparison, it's still a situational buff (at least 1 more target in range for regular chasers means this becomes worse for damage by a lot). The massive multihit from this skill is hilarious, though, and causes beneficial boss pattern bugs like everything summoner does. It's OK... the next skill makes up for this by a lot.

Strengthened Chaser Launcher (active)
    CDnF - (Max w/ contract Lv6) 0.3s CD @ chaser*2.16. Cannot be used in apostle form.
    KDnF - (Max w/ contract Lv6) 3s CD @ chaser*2.05. Can be used in apostle form.

I cry every time I'm reminded of this... We were almost there. China players, just go abuse this with Relentless Chaser as long as possible until Neople remembers this skill exists. China test having free chronicle sets messed it up for the KR version already anyway. Super kneejerk reaction nerf.

Apostle (2Awk)
    CDnF - (Lv1) 68 INT/STR, 3340% Apostle Chasers
    KDnF - (Lv1) 308 INT/STR, slightly higher HP and defenses, same speeds, much higher bonus for X Attack (still doesn't matter much), 4250% Apostle Chasers

This skill is actually overpowered on physical BM. It's for a dumb reason, too (Apostle Fusion Chaser does way more damage than intended). It's really expensive for what you get for chaser build, though. KDnF has free skill resets, so I take it for some really specific dungeon rooms even as chaser.

Also, the sound design for this skill is terrible. The old skill voices still play when you use them in Apostle while the X Attack has some ridiculously different sounding new voice work. It sounds like playing BM with seagulls in the background. Amazing.

---

Despite how these changes look, CDnF has the strongest form of BM even though almost every skill is useless besides Strengthened Chaser Launcher. I also mentioned bugs. There are a stupid amount of them, and they all have huge effects on the damage potential of the class (mostly negative ones). For example, Evolved Strengthened Chaser Launch still does around half the damage it's supposed to do. Writing about the effects of all these bugs would just be too sad a read...

Neople's intended design is pretty sad, too. Like... that BM skill "Rework" that KDnF got recently may have been presented as a "buff" (and actually is really good for the leveling experience), but it's actually bad for a lot of endgame builds (chaser and physical) since you have to burn way more SP to get to the same chaser level as before the patch. The "free" fundamental skill levels don't matter for chaser build since you outdamage those skills by a lot and physical builds would rather have those points in the bigger skills, especially since Fusion Chaser and Chaser Press can be used in Apostle form. I think I lost almost 400 SP just so I can zoom a little faster with Palm Blast or something... Welp. When's BMsura patch?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)