Avengers General Discussion

Discussion in 'Avenger' started by Jermatoo, May 21, 2014.

1. kacyjb25

Hi again, what's are skill used as sp dumps,other than dark authority, for farming and pve play? And which skill is better for farming ripper or pandemonium?

2. KingAmon

Grats on the full superstar. It's my favourite epic set to use, and if you have a smash mod elsewhere, better than refined. I pretty much do all my hellmodes in perma-armored meta thanks to it(no full plate needed, cast indom).

3. KingAmon

Dark authority isn't an SP dump for me, it's a must max. Ripper and Pandemonium are.

As for which is best, it depends. At lv1 Ripper has more useful grab/grouping utility as Pandemonium will simply be a snipe that does no damage. At max you may find the range, damage and piercing better on Pandemonium for clearing, if you don't need follow up attacks after.

4. NotaPedo

So uh. I'm 4/5 DG do I drop the set for lvl 90 epics or finish it? Currently have both lvl 85 scythes.

5. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    I'm in the same boat (minus the scythes, RIP), and only about 50% on frags across my account. I plan to keep doing 80-85 on my Avenger and alts I don't care about. Whether that's the "right" call or not, I dunno.

6. NotaPedo

I am very conflicted as well. I know lvl 90 epics are bonkers broken but uhhh grinding up to a 3/5 set just kills my mood. I rather finish my DG honestly.

7. KingAmon

DG is still a major contender after lv90 epics are released. It's up to you if you want to abandon the grind for it or not, but even if 4/5 is "half way", that's still a lot to give up. Grinding lv90 hells for 1 item (the scythe) and the accessories might seem worth it, but I wouldn't say that staying with 80-85s is a bad idea to finish DG(Especially because without DG, the savior scythe is better as far as I know.). Regardless of which you choose, resources and time are the only real limits. Eventually you'll finish DG and move on to 85-90 hells, or you never will because you give up on it.

8. LinkMaster7 Average Lurker

IGN:
    Clay/Xavier/Galahad
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Had a pretty good day today:
    ScreenShot2017_0115_012153035.jpg
    Then my Glacial went and got a Savior Staff, feelsgoodman

9. KingAmon

O-snap. Heinel just finished saying you were using Sentence. How does this compare for you? Grats!

10. LinkMaster7 Average Lurker

IGN:
    Clay/Xavier/Galahad
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    I did some testing, if both SRS and Savior used Refined Bracelet(to keep it comparable), Savior came up slightly weaker on Nugol.
    Using Mateka would make savior even weaker when not released, but of course when released, it'd be stronger by far.
    I plan to simply use Savior + Mateka, since its burst is much stronger. I'll just need to learn when/how to use releases to utilize Savior to its fullest.
    No released state for savior, white-out'd the Pandemonium and Dark Howling since they weren't comparable due to SRS' life shear proc.
    Nugol had 60% HP for ABR/Executioner'sNecklace, both settings stuck to refined brace to compare.
    ---
    Sentence Reaper
    ScreenShot2017_0115_132554880.jpg
    ---
    Savior
    ScreenShot2017_0115_132421740.jpg
    ---
    ---
    ---
    Savior Released + Mateka
    ScreenShot2017_0115_134357640.jpg
    It likely all depends on what gear/preference you have that'll determine which one is better.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  11. KingAmon

Wwwaaoooowww. Jesus. That released state is bonkers! All you need now is an Agnes! Nice!

I'm really curious to see how the lv90 scythe will perform with DG because right now my Angra is stronger by the tiniest amount with general gear. The more I change out things for element(Title, Aura, M.stone) the bigger the gap grows. Without that though they're pretty much neck and neck with DG. I can only imagine the lv90 scythe with it's big fat add ele mod will kill sentence off completely and beat unreleased savior too, but I wonder how it'll compare in released state.

Thanks for the test info!

12. LinkMaster7 Average Lurker

IGN:
    Clay/Xavier/Galahad
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    (.mod) x (1.05 +.0045 x eledmg) is the additional elemental dmg formula iirc, so it'd be (.10) x (1.05 +.0045 x 300) for DG(300 ele isnt too hard to get w/ DG), which makes it a 24% elenore line.
    Angra is the same modifier as DG, 10% so it would also be 24%, where SRS is 30% elenore. This does mean SRS notably better than Angra in pretty much most scenarios.
    The new Lv90 Scythe is 25% additional elemental dmg, which would be a 60% elenore line.

13. KingAmon

Except my shadow is closer to 450 :x

14. Lornthalas

Hiyah! I was wondering if there was a reccomended setting to play Avenger primarily using his Metamorphosis form. Thanks!

15. KingAmon

For the most part it plays the same. There are really only 2 tiers at the meta level. Either you're wearing the 6 peice Protection of Death chronicle(3rd) with mixed legs/epics and Lib/Void-eye or you're wearing Angra Mainiuu and possibly some cdr with mixed epics and legs. The only difference in build thanks to updates is taking devil strike TP and maxing basic skills over cubes like pandemonium and possibly disaster which don't allow you to use strikes during them. You will still use demonize in a meta build, so keep it in mind.

16. NotaPedo

DG PANTS WHENNNNNNNNN

Attached Files:

17. KingAmon

never if you keep farming 85-90 hells? :3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  18. NotaPedo

Stopped with it when I got that stone. At this rate i will craft a full memestar set hnnnng.

19. NotaPedo

Is this even good for Avenger hnnnng
    Welp after some testing it Sucks even with full release state. Angra is just overall better than this totem :l

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  20. Simply Powerfull

IGN:
    Rexuss Rakel
    HI mates, i dont gear my avenge in long time.
    [​IMG]
    he is using 6 peice Protection of Death + great glory bracelete + star fall + desperate cry and + epic weapon 85 Frozen resonance. i faill all the lib attempts for now (8fails) . so in this new patch what i m lucking for? is there a better weapon that lib for raid?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)