Asura General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Asura' started by Brandon, May 19, 2014.

1. Dravida

I won't ever do this, but is it possible to snapshot both bonecrusher and pulsating sets into your main set at the same time?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. LuxAeterna

IGN:
    LuxAeterna
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Pulsating only works under 2 conditions.

1. You continue to wear the set
    2. You generate 7 brands then turn WMB off and swap out of the set.

So yes it is technically possible to snapshot 6pc Bonecrusher MW + 9pc Pulsating WMB, but you'd get maybe 2 seconds worth of actual fighting time using your damage sets out of it.

3. Ggmech

When we get the murderwave update to have skill damage, can someone explain how skill damage increase works. Is it just a flat 15 percent increase if skill damage increases by 15.

4. Orphane Terminal Shitposter

Server:
    Cain
    It's exactly what it says on the tin

Maybe basic attacks don't get increased but wmb sword waves should count as a skill attack so...

5. jimjim312

Is katana title better or the new olympus title?

6. Dravida

Is that how it works rn or after the WMB buff changes where the runes are just used for Agni/GO and the int/cast bonus is static?

7. LuxAeterna

IGN:
    LuxAeterna
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Nothing to do with either of those?

If you want to swap both pulsating brands and murderous, you would need a full swap for 9pc pulsating, along with your swap for murderous. Both of those are chron sets that do zero damage. You'd start bonecrusher, then move into pulsating (because swapping out of pulsating removes the additional brands unless you turn off WMB). Afterwards, you'd generate 7 brands, then turn off WMB, then swap back into an actual damage set, then cast something.

Since there are CD's between gear swaps this is horribly inefficient and would lead to minimal uptime on actual fighting, especially since brand duration is no longer a part of the TP.

8. Dravida

Oh I derped out, I was thinking that the changes made to wmb would make it so increasing the brand count via snapshot permanent for the rest of the dungeon and not for one cast. That would be a pretty strong change If that ever happens.

9. tetsmega

IGN:
    Vampmega
    Guild:
    KOCR
    Server:
    Cain
    How can I build around 7 branch sword as a budget asura and get into raid? Refine 8, gracia and GP set? Is refine 8 enough or do I need to reinforce specifically for agni?

10. Orphane Terminal Shitposter

Server:
    Cain
    Agni is fully fixed so no reinforcement necessary

Just get Wooden Puppet sword on top of everything you listed and you too can be dreaming of agni memes

11. Dravida

At equal upgrades which is better? HLS or Lightsword Masamune? Using masa rn but I have ABR to replace the crit mod if I do switch it hls.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  12. LuxAeterna

IGN:
    LuxAeterna
    Guild:
    Airbears
    It depends on way too many other factors to give you that information.

13. Ggmech

Is the price on ah for wooden puppet sword worth it right now, only have watch as my main sub

14. Dravida

Wut, there aren't even a lot of factors. Post epic rework a lot of the epics have changed and there is no updated bis list for us which is why I asked this.

My best guess would be:
    1)Any Savior
    2)Byeo
    3)Ganjang/Makya/7branch
    4)HLS/Masamune
    5)Mystel
    6)Trinity/Twig

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  15. LuxAeterna

IGN:
    LuxAeterna
    Guild:
    Airbears
    There are many many more factors than just the weapon compared in a vacuum.
    For example. In my current gear, HLS is worse than Masamune, but when I finish upgrading infinite accs, HLS will beat Masamune, because Masa will provide conflicting stats.
    ATM, i would rate Byeo/HLS/Masa depending on the rest of the gearset. Yin/Yang are both bad now.

16. Orphane Terminal Shitposter

Server:
    Cain
    i got mine when they were 30-50 mill

if they're more than like 75m idk if it's worth it if you have other gearing needs

also if you already have Silver Watch i doubt it's worth spending the money

17. Dravida

Yeah I'm in a similar situation right now, I have max crit chance with my masa but because of HLS I can use abr without conflicting stats and (I think) increase my damage farther than it is rn.

R u rating those 3 in that order?

18. LuxAeterna

IGN:
    LuxAeterna
    Guild:
    Airbears
    The point I was trying to get across is, all three are roughly the same but vary depending on the rest of your gearing options.

Full Infinite = HLS pulls ahead.
    Full Refined = Masa
    Full CP + no other smash source = Byeo.

19. Dravida

Mb for not knowing what these are but can u tell me if this is right, trying to read up on them.
    Infinite = 5pc Infinity Requiem Set
    Refined = 3pc Accessory Set
    CP = ?

20. QueenyPie Endless torment flavor.

IGN:
    LucyBell
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Cold princess, aka the other epic accessory set, the one that people always complete with Dark Gothic because RNG is a penis.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)