Asura Compendium

Discussion in 'Asura' started by Sie_Sayoka, May 23, 2014.

1. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

––––[C2 Otherverse Overview]––––

Goblin Kingdom, Castle Nebulous, Rangelus's Guerrillas

Unlike other dungeons where you can just steamroll your way through the rooms, these require teamwork, and lots of it. This is not only apparent in the 3 person minimum requirement to enter but the flurry of gimmick rooms you will encounter. Because you will need to run these dungeons scores, if not hundreds of times in order to get a full set it is highly recommended that you get a permanent party. Being in a guild, having a good connection, and having a high reinforced weapon will help. It is also recommended that you use communication media that is not in the game (i.e. Skype, IRC, Steam) in order to better coordinate your efforts. Do not skimp on taking the effort to make a good party, it is worth it.

DO NOT PARTY WITH RANDOMS. Like, ever.

That being said, you will want to create a party that has both capable members and classes. I have categorized each of the classes by their usefulness in outers. Classes on the top of each category will be the best and their usefulness will decline as it goes down. I have not partied with many gunners/m fighters so I do not have much of an opinion on them.

These lists are made for outers as a whole. I will mention the rooms that some classes are exceptionally good at.

Those that are not listed do not have anything that will stand out in your conquest for outers. It is recommended that you not accept these into your party unless:​
    • You have all the utility classes needed for outers.
    • They have a highly reinforced weapon and are good for damage.
    • They know what they're doing and somehow benefits the party more than another class.

[Holders]

Holders are vital towards outers as they will keep mobs in place in order for your party members to deal damage. Many bosses/mini bosses will have an annoying amount of gimmicks and invincibility frames so it is imperative to keep this to a minimal.​
    • F Grappler- One of the best classes to get in outers. They were made to hold, nearly every skill holds the enemy. Make sure you get a good one as they will often launch mobs into the air/grab out of your agni.
    • Summoner- While not having any holding skills in a traditional sense, their extreme hit stun will basically hold mobs in place with little or no help. Make sure you have a good computer as they do tend to lag.
    • Mexo- Very nice holding class. Not only do they have super grab summons but they have immobility, hit stun and party buffs as well.
    • Asura- That's you of course. Not recommended to party with another asura as you want the same gear. Highly desirable in parties because of your grabs and MW.
    • Necromancer- They have a couple of super grab skills and immobility.
    • Rogue- Many of their holding skills rely on pseudo-grabs using hitstun.
    • F Brawler- Their efficiency in outers is greatly reduced because of the high status resistances of the mobs. However they do have some great holding skills, especially if they manage to status inflict.
    • Witch- Witches are pretty good, although the number of useful holding skills is rather scarce. Good AoE, just not enough damage to make them great.
    • Berserker- They have good holding skills and a super grab, while damage seems a bit lackluster.
    • Monk- While not having any holding skills they do excel at juggling at hit stun.
    • Elemental Bomber- High freeze and hit stun AOE skills.

[Herders]

There will often be rooms that are filled with enemies scattered about. It would be both safe and time efficient to bring them all into the same place. Ideally you're going to want classes that can herd with Y axis without interruption from friendly hit stun. X axis is great too. Unfortunately not many classes fit this criteria and many that do only have 1 skill that does.​
    • F Grap- Again the best in herding as most of their skills are designed for it.
    • Rogue- Their awakening ending is pretty nice as it will herd the entire room at once. Also hurricane.
    • Asura- Awakening, Enticer.
    • Berserker- Bloody twister (also a super grab)
    • Elementalist (Dark)- Black hole.
    • Monk- Hurricane n' roll.
    • Witch- Mega Drill, shururu.
    • GMs- Snowflake spear.
    [Support]

While not having the specific function of herding/holding they do have an important role in the well being of your party.​
    • Support Sader- Free MP/HP, buffs, resurrection, etc. Pretty much self explanatory.
    • F Nen- Most important is the nen guard, it will save you a lot of grief and time by using them in many of the gimmick rooms. They also have decent buffs.
    • Soul Bender- Ghosts are great. Freezing, reduced mob p/m def, status resi/aspd, and int/str buffs.

[Damage Dealers]

Everything in outers has high HP so it's important that you change that. Most any class can do high damage with good enough gear but I'll list those that are exceptional.​
    • Summoner- Summoner damage #1
    • M/F Strikers- This class was made to do damage.
    • F Mech- They have similar damage to summoners but are not able to sustain it for very long.
    • Necromancer- Vallacre is broken, extremely good DPS.
    • Rogue-

[Classes/Players to Stay Away From]

Ideally there are no bad classes, there are however, bad players.​
    • Summoning Classes- Usually classes that summon are good, but this can be very bad if the player doesn't know what he/she is doing. This will often cost you tokens and pots. Summoners, mechs/gunners, necromancers, exos, and witches.
    • Anti-Herders- Herding is extremely important. There are some classes that make this difficult. M/F launchers, summoners, BMs, rogues, exos, GMs, and EBs.
    • Anti-Damagers- These guys either move mobs out of the way of your skills or launch them so high no one can damage. M/F rangers, pexos, BMs, rogues, EB, and f graps.
    • People Who Don't Know What They're Doing- Pretty much self-explanatory, if they don't know how to run outers either: A, get a new teammate or B, try and explain. But really they need to check out a guide.
    • Laggers- Self-explanatory as well. You'd want the best connection with all your party members.

It is recommended that you have at least two holders and one herder. You may require more depending on how high they are on the list. Classes that overlap would be great.

[Recommended Items]
    • Toy of Mysterious World- A cure all. Messing with the various other types of specific pots is a hassle. Also able to cure Castle room 1 curse.
    • HP Pots- Get something that heals a lot.
    • MP Pots- While not needed for most runs it can be useful, especially in rooms where you don't get hit.
    • Oil Flask- For Goblin room 5. Usually each party member throws 3, but you actually don't need that much.
    • Bombs- If you're bombing Goblin room 5.
    • Skytree Nuts- Bombing for Goblin room 5, awakening teammates for Rang boss, and Castle room 3.
    • Berserk Dragon Cries- Castle room 3.
    • Summons- Optional but will help in Castle room 1. Naias and ice tigers are highly recommended if your party lacks the ability to summon/protect those caught. APCs for this purpose are not recommended.
    • Number 28- Optional. Can help in many rooms but she can screw you up too. Make sure you know when to summoner her.
    • Tokens- Need lots :)
    • Sacred Blessings- Optional.
    • INT/HP/MP Max Pots- Optional but definitely helps, especially when you're under exo reqs.
    Outers is expensive to run unless if you have an exceptional party.

Room descriptions will be brief and asura specific as there are guides on the wiki, dnf central, and other threads.

2. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

––––[C2 Otherverse]––––

[Goblin Kingdom]

[ame=
    - Goblin Kingdom - YouTube[/ame]
    Not my usual party but we did pretty good. I asked my friend to record because my computer can't handle it. These are normal runs. I'll record my own later on when I get back from vacation as these are only temporary.

[Room 1]
    Herding is very important. Use ASC, FWS, NWS, WWS, WR, GS to push enemies either to the left or right of the room to gather the lunatics.

[Room 2]
    If feeding use WWS, NWS, GS, WR. If not just keep guard up.

[Room 3]
    You can use agni in between the two goblin trappers at the top. It should be able to knock them down. Tell your team mates to knock down the lower one. Orb is extremely useful for freeing your teammates out of the traps.

EX skills are treated as an awakening so using them will automatically result in traps.

[Room 4]
    Herding again. Same strategy as room 1. Will cost you large amounts of mana if you don't herd correctly.

[Room 5]
    If bombing, throw nut + bomb then WWS. If not and you happen to dodge the nut, guard and pray for evasion. It is not recommended to have a class like summoner bomb as they usually do not have hit rate passives learned. Do not use salamander flasks, it will make the nut fire damage.

[Boss]
    The palanquin form can be quite annoying if your party doesn't have enough super grabs/hit stun to keep him in place. Of course do your part with GQ and GO. Other than that just beat him up.

[Castle Nebulous]

[ame]

Run was pretty bad, but it's only a temporary video.

[Room 1]
    Toy of mysterious world is the only pot that can heal the curse. Use IWS/EX, GQ, and Agni to damage/keep team mates safe. Do not use murderous wave as it will cause the dragons to get invincibility frames again if you aren't the bait. It would be best if you had summons though.

Shururu and suppression amulet is not recommended. Using nen guard or amulets as bait will not work.

[Room 2]
    IMO kill order should be blue, fire, purple, star. Fire is the most likely to wander and that burn damage is ridiculous. Purple is second most likely to wander. Murderous wave not recommended.

[Room 3]
    When entering the room use NWS/WR to push the regulars away from the goldens. Tell your team mates to use skytree nuts or berserk cries (cries are preferred as they do not affect team mates) The golden lizards have relatively low freeze resistance so once they are frozen cube away. Murderous wave not recommended.

DO NOT JUGGLE THE LAST ONE! It will cause lightning. To ensure that you or your party members don't, freeze or WWS him before he dies.

[Room 4]
    If you don't have an f grap or rogue in your party it can be pretty difficult. When entering the room use NWS to knock down the blue lizard so it wont use the lightning balls. Then proceed to herd them together.

[Room 5]
    This room isn't that hard. Just keep to your partner and throw orbs at him.

[Boss]
    Ghost orb is pretty much useless in this room unless if you manage to herd him to the top left of the room. Enticer is extremely helpful because of the damage bonus from all his summons.

When he uses his eye/look attack and you are not able to get behind him in time, use guard. It will reduce the damage of the first hit.

[Rangelus's Guerrillas]

[ame]

[Room 1]
    First room nothing special. If you have enticer and manage to get hit, pulling the machine gunners together would be helpful. Also if you manual input WMB (which you should) be careful about going too high as you'll get hit by the bullets.

[Room 2]
    Quaker, FWS/EX, or IWS/EX as soon as he summons the troopers. If lag happens and he summons several at a time (and it usually does) using enticer or agni will help a lot.

[Room 3]
    Same as room 1, pull the snipers together if you have enticer.

[Room 4]
    Try and get him to the top of the screen, use enticer to pull him. He does have stupid invincibility frames (such as during juggling) so it's best to use your cube skills when he's grabbed.

[Room 5]
    Swagger is annoying but not threatening.

[Boss]
    During the beginning enticer the two snipers at the end. Try to bunch them up with Geminix.

Land runners are quite annoying but they do have low freeze resists and defense.

It is advised during the time bomb phase that you turn off MW. The dust animation may confuse you and your partners with the smoke animation from the bombs.​

3. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

––––[C3 Otherverse]]––––

I don't have much experience in C3. This will be rudimentary until I run it more.

[Void Rift]

[Room 1]

Freeze/quaker them so your teammates can kill.

[Room 2]

He doesn't have much Y axis range. Just stay off of Y axis and you'll be fine.

[Room 3]

Will be kind of hard to keep gates open for us as our attacks are rather slow. Don't want to use something like orb on them either as he could walk into it and reflect.

[Room 4]

Freeze/quaker wisps in order to cancel their cast bars.

[Room 5]

Enticer and quaker are the best skills for this room.

[Boss]

Phase 1:
    Back stepping is much faster for changing regular and jumping tiles. Always get bombs first.

Phase 2:
    Mspd is your friend.

Phase 3:
    I found that XXX and cancelling into NWS or uppercut when the box glows is pretty effective.

Phase 4:
    Keep on moving, this means no enticer, agni, or quaker. He has low def so your other skills should dispose of him quickly.

[Dark Side]

[Room 1]

Just kill these guys.

[Room 2]

His Iframes are pretty annoying. Quaker/agni him to allow party members to burst.

[Room 3]

Murderous wave was nerfed so it wont damage him anymore. He needs 50 hits before he goes into ghost phase. Just throw orbs at him with any number of runes.

[Room 4]

When using agni at the end of the slow state it is possible to keep agni up for several seconds.

[Room 5]

When Michael is attacking you with monk moves use enticer. Stay off X axis so you don't get a hammer.

[Boss]

Use orb to bring him into vulnerable state. You can cancel his transformation/curse phases easily if you have elenore/deathblow. Quaker him when he's near the end of his cast bar, it will offer a few more moments to damage him.

[Castle of Bakal]

[Room 1]

Same as other rooms, burst them.

[Room 2]

You will have a brief moment to cube as soon as you enter the room. This room kind of sucks for us as all of our skills with the exception of IWS and ASC will result in a knockdown. However I found that ghost orb works particularly well in stunlocking and damaging him despite the explosion knockdown.

Use guard if you missed quick rebound. His scream attack is physical and with evasion stacking you'll end up taking less than 2k damage from the entire scream.

[Room 3]

Being as asuras have high HP you'll usually be stuck with the disease job.

[Room 4]

Use guard if his summons are still around to stay in the boxes.

[Room 5]

Hit stun lock him with 1 rune orbs so your party can destroy him.

[Boss]

Burst him when he's vulnerable. Some of you may have seen this video. Know that it no longer is possible as orbs will explode after their set amount of ticks on anything.

4. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

I'll change the links and such so it doesn't go to other forums at a later time. I'll also update it a bit.

5. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

Okay so doing this research I have stumbled upon a few interesting and surprising facts.

• Mastery is affected by upgrading. Int/Spirit/HP/MP gets boosted around 2~3% from +8. Mp/min and cspd is not affected.
    • Chron2 mastery has the same stats as a 50/55 purple set.
    • Chron1 mastery has around the same stats of a 48/53 purple set.
    • Gear from lv15~40 has the same growth (20~45 for top/bottoms)
    • Gear from 45~55 (50~60 t/b) has a different growth pattern which I have not been able to crack.
    • Gear from 45~55 has downward growth.

Numbers in blue have not been confirmed, they are assumptions based on the growth factor of other armors. 55 shoulder and belt have not been placed because I have not been able to see an un-upgraded version.

Int Mastery Chart
    [​IMG]

6. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

Multiply these values by your independent(base) damage. The result should be similar to the damage in your skill description. The description of FWS EX is wrong.

Keep in mind that the QP passive for independent damage is +5/lv (lv10 +50) not 1. This means that since the average independent damage at lv70 is 1000, it will increase your fixed damage by around 5%.

To get the actual damage (not including enemy resistances/defense) the equation is:

(Base Attack Value*Independent Dmg)(1 + INT/250)

Base Attack Strength
    • Asura (Lv70) 685
    • W/ weapon average 1000

Common:
    • WWS (lv30 Max) multi-hit 1.08
    • GS (Lv30 Max) 3.575 (Needs to be changed)
    • NWS (Lv30 Max) 1.980 (Needs to be changed)
    • TS (Lv30 Max) multi-hit 1.365, final 1.508 (Needs to be changed)

Asura:
    • IWS (Lv21 Max) 4.3
    • WR (Lv16 Max) 18.789
    • SC (Lv26 Max) 6.54
    • MW (Lv21 Max) .798
    • FWS (Lv18 Max) first 9.92, explosion 19.85 (Needs to be changed)
    • GQ (Lv16 Max) splash 2.35
    • Agni (Lv13 Max) multi-hit 3.58, explosion 10.75
    • IWS EX (Lv3 Max) pillar 7.5, explosion 15
    • FWS EX (Lv1 Max) first 15, explosion 10.18, ticks 7.5
    • Wave Eye (Lv11 max) final 42.75

7. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

Okay so since emblems came out let's calculate the maximum evasion an asura can achieve.

27 - Mind's Eye: Max (9)
    10 - EX Evasion: Max (3)
    20 - Blue Bible

5 - Top: Dragon Scale Coat (lv35 heavy)
    2 - Bottom: Trainee's Dress Pants (lv20 cloth)
    2 - Belt: Rare Taslan Sash (lv35 cloth)
    3 - Shoes: ? (lv10 pink heavy)
    1 - Shoulder: Graphite Shoulder (lv20 pink cloth)
    .6 - Shoe Enchant: Bantu Amazon
    2.4 - Accessory Enchant: Evasion Rate Boost Bead 3x (Sold by Albert, must be at least glad6)

2+2 - Title: Red/Green Empyrean Ambassidor (Tier 2 Evasion)
    2 - Ring: Terranite Ring (50 pink)
    2 - Bracelet: Skeleton Bracelet (65 pink)
    1 - Necklace: Terranite Necklace (50 pink)
    3 - Pet: Petite Skeleton

1 - Weapon: Legacy: Aviya of Pileint (65 Legacy)

5.5 - Avatar Waist: Rare
    1 - Avatar Set: 5 piece rare set
    3 - Emblem Top: Gold Emblem (2x)
    3 - Emblem Bottom: Gold Emblem (2x)
    1.6 - Emblem Hat: Red/Green (2x)
    1.6 - Emblem Hair: Red/Green (2x)

Grand Total is 101.7.

Seals offer at least 3% each slot.

There are some other ways to increase evasion even further. Purchasing a Tactician's Contract will allow you to bring mind's eye to 33%. Wave eye at max will effectively increase your evasion by 12.6%, 14% with contract. 14.7% with contract and sub-equip, 15.4%? with contract, sub-equip, and awakening weapon. Of course enemies would have to be within the debuff aura for this to work.

Know that 100% evasion may not make you evade all attacks. I'm unsure of the exact values of APCs however their weapons/skills can add extra hit rate. However now you can't be status inflicted if you dodge so that's good :)

If I missed something let me know.

8. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

9. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

10. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

Okay I did some testing for maxed ghost slash with EX, compared to NWS+EX and WR. I tried to stay consistent with 3 runes. The first screenshot is my int with 3 I believe. Wearing +0 shadow slayer.
    [hide="stats/build"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]
    I first tested the base damage on some skasa eggs as I do not believe they have any sort of defense. Then tested on some monsters around my level.
    [hide="NWS"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]
    [hide="Wave Radiation"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]
    [hide="Ghost Slash"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]
    Ghost slash does roughly twice the damage of NWS, the percent and fixed damage is around twice as much. Also pretty interesting 39k ghost slash, it seems to have higher critical damage?

I've had Max GS pre and post patch, it's a very nice spell to have. Definitely better maxed post-patch.

Pros:
    • Max GS only costs 435 sp to max, pretty low compared to your other spells.
    • Nice range and hitbox duration.
    • Can be canceled into.
    • Great poke, pushes enemies back.
    • Hits OTG.
    • Can hit a target twice with one swing if positioned correctly.
    • Non-cube spell.
    • 6s CD, very handy.
    • Reduces your own hitbox so you are effectively "crouching."

Cons:
    • Pretty large after delay which leaves you open. So it wouldn't be recommended against super-armored or non-launchable enemies.
    • Requires 3 TP for full potential.
    • Dark element, kind of sucks since a lot of the enemies are resistant to it.

Also something else I considered was maxing moonlight slash. Even though we can't get the 3rd slash in the damage is almost the same maxed compared to ghost slash. It does cost a bit more sp but offers nice z range. Would be pretty interesting to see.

Okay, I tested against 3 different types of enemies. Hopefully resistances will not play a big factor in exhibiting the damages.

I upgraded my sword to +7, so ghost slashes damage will be a bit bigger than an unupgraded weapon. Just like last time I stayed with 3 runes. Chronicle gear does not affect the skills being tested.

Unlike the last testing, many of the screenshots will feature critical hits.

[hide="Stats"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]
    [hide="Neutral Wave"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]
    [hide="Radiation"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]

[hide="Ghost Slash"]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]

Keep in mind these values are only using 3 runes, the potential for your asura is higher.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  11. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

12. Sie_Sayoka Noriginal's alt

Specialty only adds more pillars, effectively increasing the range. I wouldn't recommend it because the speed at which it shoots is rather slow, meaning that your enemy would probably move by the time those extra pillars reach him.
    • Agni Pentacle
      • Powerful Fierce: Pretty good, although I'd pick retention over fierce
      • Powerful Force: Self-explanatory
      • Powerful Retention: Longer time = more damage, pretty good
      • Powerful Zooming: Not sure if it adds increase to the balls, grabbing circle, or both. But you probably want more damage.
    • Asura Spirit Crescent
      • Powerful Shrewd: Pretty nice, although there are better options
      • Powerful Zooming: Again larger but no extra damage
    • Ghost Orb
      • Powerful Ambush: Not very good, orb is already pretty fast. Getting these would make you have less stun lock
      • Powerful Force:
      • Powerful Retention: Useless
      • Powerful Specialty: Very nice option
      • Powerful Zooming: The orb should be big already, not good
    • Ice Wave Sword
      • Powerful Fierce: One of the best options for us; more dps, freezing chances
      • Powerful Force:
      • Powerful Specialty: stated above
      • Powerful Swift: This one is pretty nice but I doubt you can get it as fast as EX IWS
    • Spirit Crescent
      • Powerful Fierce: Generates runes faster and less mp cost, worth looking into.

Agni Retention, Orb Specialty, IWS Fierce, Cresent Fierce are the better choices. Force is always good to have too. However prepare to do A LOT of dungeons in order to get a complete set of these. I've been running these for a couple months and only have 2/5 fierce IWS, my boots aren't even asura specific yet.

13. Yeldo

I just wanted to ask if Agni is that worth of using? I'm currently 49 and Ice Wave/ Fire Wave almost outdamages a 5 Wave manifestations Agni, I press on the agni skill to make the balls rotate faster so its not that, I just wonder if the skill is really worth it? I like ghost orb more since I don't need to stand still to use it...

14. Ark From Pain, Awakening

I actually didn't use Agni at all during my grind to 70. It has some uses later on, but you are perfectly fine not using it right now.

15. Yeldo

I mean it has some uses like to hold mobs/bosses but...the damage could be better imo xD

edit : but this class is already ez mode so np xD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)