Are dark knights any good?

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by verdanta, Apr 8, 2015.

1. verdanta

They just got nerfed in kDnF having their 6th combo do only 300% instead of 400% bonus damage.
    Do they scale well in PvE like rangers/weapon masters or do they fall off heavily as the game progresses?
    How far behind are they in damage compared to a +14/15 ranger (which I'm assuming is the best scaling class currently)?

2. The Guildmarm Be safe, Doodle!

Guild:
    The Capital C!
    Server:
    Cain
    Yep, they're still pretty strong. Extremely so, really.
    Their only real drawback is having no real reason to do Otherverse other than hanging out with friends.
    A phase six cube will still blow things up.
    A Dark Knight with a good combo string is constantly casting, unlike some other big-hit-or-go-home classes.
    Their relative DPS is pretty high up there, I've seen.

3. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    I currently run 4 6 skill combos, and each has a 15 second cd for the whole chain, and baring interupts(which are fkin annoying) I am constantly doing damage. The class is quite strong.

As for if it keeps up with rangers, Doubtful. The class is great sicne you dont gotta worry about awaken, second awake, nothing like that. But im pretty sure a ranger male with second awakening and a +15 is gonna piss on your dps.

4. verdanta

Do weapon masters do more damage than dark knights after the recent buffs to wms and nerfs to dks?

5. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Maybe? I dont know, this isnt in the korean section.

Dont play DK if you are looking to tier whore, cause im pretty sure as the game progresses they will become more midline.

You will do damage just fine on DK, play it if you enjoy it.

6. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    yes because all rangers have +15s

7. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    I never said that, He asked specifically in his op if a ranger with retarded gear would beat you.

And yeah of course it will. DK does good damage but you cant just run around with no gear and be da bes.

8. verdanta

Can't be that hard to get +15...right? right?

And if DKs don't scale well, in the end, they are pretty much a dead class.

9. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    They scale just fine. But they dont have chrons. You have to scale through a high upgrade or epics. They have a high baseline damage. DK has wild levels of damage, but you will fall behind unless you get that epic weapon and upgrade it. This only applies to anton really. Cause based on what ive seen so far, im pretty sure I can slap OV at 70, like the class is strong. But it isnt a class you play to experience a progression.

DK has a higher base lane power then almost every class, but in exhange its power growth is slow. Think of them as a 10 with only basic funding, Rangers can become 13s and higher but are a 5 in most cases, dk with enough funding becomes an 11, while some classes struggle to become a 10 with gear. So you cant really complain.

Class isnt for everyone.

10. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah sure +15 is so easy to get man lemme open up my bank account to the game first.

11. ArcLight Hiatus

Give them Magical Cataclysm, and Weapon Masters become one of, if not the, best DPS's in the game post-85 level cap. Weapon Masters have two great advantages against Dark Knight:

1. 1st awakening passive. One of the best passives in the game.
    2. Flowing Stance.

Besides that, I suggest not playing Dark Knight if you want to speciailize in certain roles. Dark Knight is one of the better DPS because he has a lot of decent tools. But that's also his main weakness. He has tons of DPS tools, but don't really have much defensive or utility tools.

12. verdanta

I might actually look into weapon master. They seem like a lot of fun and they had just gotten a huge list of buffs. Are they hard to level because of being gear dependent?

13. Shalako

He has 4 dashes and and what 5 holds

14. Luftwaffle A unique experience.

Note: Dark Knights eat cubes like skittles.

15. ArcLight Hiatus

But you usually have to use them in an specific order most of the time to deal optimal damage.
    Even after that, despite he's really good, he's still outranked by Summoner or Kunoichi.

16. Dubin carried by fmage

Of course he is, everyone is outranked by kunoichi

can you stand up to these production values

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. verdanta

Didn't kunoichi get nerfed? Summoners too?

18. Dubin carried by fmage

But no seriously you can't go by what Korea nerfs and doesn't nerf, when our version is already a patchwork frankenstein of patch changes. We have nothing past lv70 and don't even have Suju in, but we have fmage's 2nd awakening changes. '3' Just go in and go h.a.m. with your favorite class, endgame theory will take care of itself when we have actual live runs.

19. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

no they're ugly and i know a complete stoner that plays one

20. Shalako

In the related videos it's got Shadow Dancer, are we getting that soon? Like they patching in order or is it just pretty much we get whatever Neople gives us?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)