Angel of War - A beginners guide to Spitfires

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by ArcLight, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ArcLight Hiatus

I mean, the fact that you technically fire two means your DPS is clocked higher, meaning that the damage is much more. Which also goes into the reasoning by Silver Bullets is just bad once you look at it beyond "oh my god it does more damage when all bullets are fired".

More bullets fired and more they're expanded means the more time you also have to use other stuff like mines, set-up C4 and other stuff like Photon Bomb.

It's kinda unnecessarily overkill for Soldoros. I kill soldoros with only grenades easily without much trouble.

I killed him previously in like 18 seconds with only Flashbangs.

2. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    What is the point of this whole post? I don't want to come across as a dick, but you're completely obfuscating the issue. With the TP (hell, I think even without it) Blazing and Freezing do more damage. It has literally nothing to do with the bullets being... expanded? or time to set up bullshit like mines and C4. In DFOG's current state, unless you're rolling a straight Bullet build, the only time you're shooting is on the way down from a 3-nade jump or a shot here and there for clean-up (barring OV knockdown gimmicks). If you're rolling a straight Bullet build, it still doesn't make any sense.

3. ArcLight Hiatus

In DFOG's current state, it's kinda obvious when the level 85 magic stone and Anton elemental gear isn't out. (Or the fact that level 70/75 hells are very unrealiable).

I apologize if I went out of topic there, I kinda went off in my own about Silver.

Despite that, I know that Silver doesn't do more damage then Blazing or Freezing, but I really don't think just saying "doesn't do enough damage, it's useless" really convinces some people. Adding a reason besides Silver not doing enough damage shouldn't hurt.

Also, C4 and Mines are definitely not bullshit. I'd love to see any other class be able to slow down an boss below 20% of their attack speed.

Is it useless when you can kill everything in 10 seconds after being geared? Obviously, but they're still useful in terms of utility for bossing while grinding. Or for Hell Modes.

Edit: Wait, why are we arguing if we're talking about the same thing. :L

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  4. nihil679

Alright, fine.
    Tell them it's garbage. Tell them it's trash. Tell them it's a meme skill that only Rangers get because they no longer have AP Bullet Slaves.
    The skill literally has NO VALUE. Non-element AP Bullets with 0 TP does more damage than Silver Bullets with Stormy Memeroller and level 6 Silver Bullets TP with 36 light damage.
    You want more reasons to tell people to NEVER go Silver Bullets?

It is the only bullet with absolutely no chronicles that boost it, whatsoever. There is not a single Force/Extensive OV2 piece for it, nor a single set, nor does it have an option for aura imbues (IIRC) it does have an option for aura imbue, but it has the same values as every other bullet.
    Out of the 2 non-handcannon epic guns that feature +light damage, BOTH have inflict light damage, which means you can opt for the niche/unicorn physical Spitfire build with AP Bullets that, once again, still do more damage with 0 investment than Silver Bullets.
    For the Korean-worship-inclined, a year of sifting through DNF YouTube videos, not a single one of them has Silver Bullets.

Silver Bullets may last you an extra 5 or so levels from the point you become a Spitfire purely on the fact that Freezing Bullet and Buster Grenade's low-level count may not be sufficient, I don't know it's been a long time. This issue is probably even going to be less of a problem once Booster Bullet absorbs Cartridge Expansion, meaning you actually get additional shots of Freezing Bullet.
    But from level 30 on, you should NEVER be using Silver Bullets as a source of damage.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  5. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't like buster shot. It's the same charging animation as photon blast and it's such a pain sometimes. I prefer having crossmore to push the mobs together for nades.

6. Skiptrace

Well, I feel stupid... I got Booster Bullet on my Clone Top... Is that a 100% bad thing? Or is it just not the best thing. I didn't see Grenade Mastery on the Top as an option... I'll probably buy another Clone Top later to fix it, just not now.

7. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Well, it's good if you were geared enough to be a Blazing Bullet spit.

That being said, go ahead and hold onto it, since it's not 100% useless (though in your current state it is). And get a Grenade Mastery whenever you can.

8. Mr. Sly Guest

I got a question for a friend who just started dfo. I even tried the sub out for her because she was confused, but should a fem spit ever use their auto attack? A lot of the gameplay videos I watch suggest that they only rely on their nades/skills in mid air. When I tried it out myself at level 20ish with aerial fire +nades and everything else offered to that point. I found it very awkward to get around and kill things. Originally I thought it was a combination of flying in mid air dropping nades and shooting but it feels like there's a genuine "stop" in motion when I try to mix shooting and nades in mid air. As well as using the nitro pack to boost forward to help with this fluidity problem, it felt like I was overshooting the distance to travel just to aim down on a mob. After I jump should I just focus on skilling alone.... or my X-string alone? Or is there a way to mix them while still fluidly moving around the field?

Basically.... What are we doing wrong with this subclass(before end game)? I'm sure a lot changes later on(as do a majority of subs in this game)but in the mean time... suggestions?

9. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    F. Spit doesn't really "take off" until she gets Freeze Grenade. Even then it may still feel a little awkward until you reach level 10 Grenade Mastery.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. nihil679

You use grenades to clear trash mobs, and if you're asking questions and reading this you're grenade build you use it to kill everything.
    The only time you will ever X-attack is to kill stragglers to save grenades or when you just flat-out empty on grenades and waiting for the reload. There is rarely going to be a time when you actually weave shooting and grenading.

You have 4 Nitro charges. After getting Freeze Grenade, there will be rarely a time you actually do anything with these charges except throw your 3 grenades and quickfall or forward boost. Quartermaster aside, extra jumps don't replenish your jumpshot amount any more than 1 shot, meaning it's terrible to use to extend shooting.

• List
  11. ArcLight Hiatus

Going to be honest, Grenades and cubes combined can literally kill everything in scenario's.

The only time when the aerial shot and bullets will start being useful will be when you start doing power plant. Even then, the boss literally melts like paper.

What you do in level 20 is to just throw grenades, just throw grenades and call it a day. Don't use bullets, they're not really worthwhile. You can easily somewhat suspend in the air with G-14 Busters alone.

At level 25, you should take Crossmore, despite what I usually say about it. It's still an amazing tool in terms of mobbing, and scenarios are more about mobbing and wiping faster then anything considering bosses are mostly a joke.

(Going to be honest, Freezing Grenades and flash mines makes bossing in scenarios a fucking joke)

Well, the subclass is actually amazingly fluid. I thought she was awkward in Nexon days, but after playing her more and more, along with the 2nd awakening changes, she's turned out to be one of the strongest, if not the most efficient along with it, classes to ever main or alt when going in with common sense.

Amazingly good in terms of alt-money farming due to low requirements to do destroy dungeons well, and good compatibility with a lot of Epics compared to other classes.

Her only problem is starting out, but that's a problem shared with most classes. She needs Nitro Motor and all 3 grenades types to really start being stupid in terms of damage.

But honestly, I can't really find much "wrong" with this subclass that isn't shared with like 80% of the cast.

Hell, she has the least amount of mana-problems in the game.

• List
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  12. Mr. Sly Guest

I thought so, thanks guys. So with that all in mind... Does she really have to worry about maxing all the bullet buffs? I mean assuming you're not gonna be supplying bullets like m.spits used to, def don't need armor piercing bullets. However do they need to max both blazing and ice bullets considering they'll mostly be using nades? Sounds like they should need one or the other to conserve SP and dump whatever remains into whichever you feel you use less. Idk how SP tight this class is either lol.

Side note, I felt like she was pretty okay in nexon days but I think that's because me and her are still getting used to the jetpack lol. She's definitely more fluid with the amount of aerial skills she can use now, just needa work on movement.

13. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Just for the record, Female Spits could, and did, supply bullets just like Male Spits did. Seen plenty of old raid videos of fspits with Bullet Hell buffing Rangers with AP Bullets.

And no, you never max two bullets. Hell at a point you can drop them entirely, I don't even have any anymore. I just have Blazing Bullets at 1 for fire (Reshpon etc). But until you get geared up they provide some decent filler damage and are great for blowing through your EMP Storm shock.

• List
  14. Mr. Sly Guest

Yeah, I just meant when m.spits were considered only good for the buffing. F.spits always seemed to offer more in terms of damage and buffs, so they could fulfill both roles. Idk, the way m.spits sounded for a while was just like a pack mule lol.

I see, well thanks for the info. Hopefully she plays the class out long enough to see the change.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)