Angel of War - A beginners guide to Spitfires

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by ArcLight, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ArcLight Hiatus

I've fired bullets, but I've used so much more grenades. It depends on the build, I'd agree that if you use Bowguns, bullets can be acceptable/focused.

The person used Blazing Bullets as an CC and AoE to not use grenades. Along with it, Grenades are boosted by base attack, the 1st person has a bloody +13/+14. Bullets will definitely outdamage Grenades if you get enough of an enhancement on your weapon. Need I remind you how the argument between Base vs. Percentage ended in "well, WM and Ranger does more damage then every base character if they have a +14/+15".

But if you're using 6/9 Primitive Strike with a Rule of Thumb, there is no way in hell you should be even firing one single bullet if you have a grenade ready. Especially if you have a +2 Grenade Mastery title or Grenade Mastery oriented build. Even then, Nitro also is affected by Quarter Master. Hell, at this point, 6/9 Primitive Strike and a Requiem Bowgun would be considered the "endgame" for FSpits currently. Epic farming and Anton isn't a huge thing yet. I'd bet only like 1-2% of FSpits have an Epic piece that gives an elemental damage.

Also, Blazing Bullet is only useful in terms of crowd control. It only was good in that and will forever be only good in that: a means of controlling a crowd (or killing corpses in Reshpon without needing flasks or wasting G-12's). The special effect between AP and Freezing is actually much different. Along with it, Blazing Bullet is actually quite useful if you have an grab-oriented character.

The only time Bullets are useful as a source of damage is if you literally throw the Kitchen Sink of Electrocution Stacks onto an boss and fire Touhou-tier Danmaku at the enemy. (Hence the 2nd video, an effective use of Freezing with EMP Storm, while the other use was in destroying teleporters quickly. Not to mention a bowgun. Also, it's post-Arsenal Reinforcement enhancement for Freezing).

That, or breaking objects like the Teleporters.

Hence why it's not unlimited ammunition like you stated before It's meant for a burst. An extended 4-5 seconds you're useful should be used for a situation when using the buff is necessary, hence why why the argument of Quarter Master making up for running out of grenades/bullets is false. Not to mention Grenade cooldown starts the instant you run out of grenades, unlike bullets.

Also, 3rd video is of an endgame Spit. There is no way in hell someone in NA could replicate that right now. Have you seen all that equipment on the Spit.

The person had a Fire Support Set. Arguably one of (if not the) best Chronicle Set for FSpit.

Let's see what the Fire Support Set does:

1. Raises Damage by +20/+20/+25% per 3/9 reached.
    2. Gives +1 Explosion (at when the bullet touches the ground) per bullet.
    3. Has -25% cooldown.
    4. Infinite Aerial Fire.

Let's see how much Fire Damage the person had along with it if you want to argue about how he switched equipment after. (Probably due to switching after using Aerial Fire)

To add. Of course Blazing Bullets will do much more then Grenades at that point. He had an Ignis epic Magic Stone. He had an entire build that was focused on Blazing Bullet Aerial Fire combined with Quarter Master. Count how many equipments that you saw had the word "Fire Damage" written on it.

We haven't reached that point yet. In the state of the game (and many FSpits), it's best to go with an Grenade focus with Quarter Master priority instead of Bullets. Bullets can outdamage grenades because of the fact that you can fire so many at endgame in such a short time.

tl;dr:

How about this: I'll make an section for FSpit builds and necessary equipment.

Mention this is called "beginners" guide, not "endgame" guide.

With equipment descriptions for certain builds (including the Blazing Bullet build). After I revamp/fix the entire guide.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. nihil679

Maybe you should watch what you say next time then and stop spreading misinformation. Using shitty blanket statements is half the reason I'm even having issues with your shit here. A beginner's guide should still point them towards end-game and indicate its existence; "Here's this for you, but if you look over there, that's also possible." That's what a guide is supposed to be, literally guide, it's not a fucking pamphlet telling FSpitfires what skills to get. There are many times a beginner to a class will do light research and find shit like what I posted. "But wait, why does this FSpitfire shoot bullets using Quarter Master instead of grenades? I've been lied to!"

You're using a lot of fucking excuses when this entire time we've been talking based on DnF patch which has Anton, which has a focus on end-game, which has FGunner 2nd awakening.

Wow, a popular spec for FSpitfire is grenades so they tend to throw grenades, what a surprise. But look, there exists a spec that goes into Blazing Bullets that is just as viable if not even just as good as the normal spec that actually shoots bullets. I thought FSpitfires don't shoot bullets at all.
    Here I am, giving you all the fucking research and arguments I've done because you keep saying shit like you have all this misinformation that you want to clear, and you keep insisting against me and spreading more misinformation. You seem to be arguing circles for no fucking reason other than trying to make me sound like a fucking idiot. You think I don't know what Fire Support does?

You clearly misunderstood me and I somehow decided to follow along with you. Quarter Master, during its uptime, gave you literally unlimited resources. In the argument of bullets, YOU USE WHAT DOES THE MOST DAMAGE, NOT THE MOST BULLETS IN A CLIP, NOT THE MOST BULLETS PER SHOT. FUCK GRENADES FOR A MINUTE. No one should give a shit based on "oh I get 90 shots of Silver Bullets per reload" or "I shoot 2 ammo of Blazing Bullets per shot!" NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT, BUT YOU SEEM TO INSIST IT MATTERS.

Not only do you clearly lack any kind of fucking research for both your guide AND for yourself playing the class, you're stubborn to shit using black-and-white statements insisting on making excuses that don't better the guide after critique.

3. ArcLight Hiatus

Let's see how many times you told me "stop saying misinformation".

One time. Right now.

And frankly? I've admitted to saying I have said misinformation.

I honestly don't know why you've been just hounding every single part the entire time. One thing I say, you hound on that VERY sentence. Nothing else.

You use what does the most damage. Does that apply to Every build? Does that apply to mid/lategame? Fuck no.

And here's the big part. There's BIG NEWS, pal: Not EVERYONE has full Epic gear or 9/9 Fire Support ready to bloody switch off of in NA. Not everyone has (Fire Damage +) gear.

A guide is suppose to be on the CURRENT state of the game with at least SOME look into the future. Not an ENTIRE look into the future patches. Along with it, it's suppose to at least have SOME sense in introducing at least veteran players into the class.

Piss off, you're the one being stubborn to shit here, all you've been doing has been literally firing on every single statement via on theory-crafting that has been completely ludicrous into NA standards. That Quarter Master thing? I nitpicked you just like how you did to me. That's how much your fucking nitpicking is annoying me.

I'm done talking at this point, it's just theory crafting after another on some build probably only one poor sap in NA has even some parts of. And honestly? I wouldn't be even typing this. I shouldn't be typing this, because all it's going to end up with is "you don't know shit about Spitfire" pasted on the end.

Now fucking piss off and let me work on this guide.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  4. PikaStar8

IGN:
    Viqtoria
    Guild:
    Harem+
    Wow, things are heating up in the f spit threads o-o"

5. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    You're a bit late pal. Also this has already all blown over so... Let's not shit post.

6. PikaStar8

IGN:
    Viqtoria
    Guild:
    Harem+
    Sry ^_^" didnt see the dates on the posts ^_^"
    Also anyone have the "primitive strike" chron set in action? As an f spit, the bonuses look so good. Perhaps I might grind for it once i get m f spit lvled.

7. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Several people here have it. Are you asking for a video? Because it's basically just more damage, nothing fancy. You should definitely get it if you plan playing the class more, it's the best OV set for FSpit with a regular grenade build.

8. ArcLight Hiatus

I have it, it's bonus looks good, but the shock + rapid scaling of Blazing combined with Support Fire 9/9 outdoes Primitive Strike if built right (AKA Fire Damage +'s and that Chameleon Leather epic top/+11 Epic or +12 Requiem)

However, I will say this:

FSpit is one of the most cost-efficient class in the game. Hands down.
    Great fixed damage, amazing passives and low-MP burning cycle to boot.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  9. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    "if built right"

aka +12 lib/epic

edit: may also require items to swap to from your fire support set.

10. ArcLight Hiatus

Yep, but swapping sets becomes essential in end game, so might as well take advantage of it.

Aerial Fire's effects are immediate, so I switch most of the time. The effects some epics gives much better damage then the chronicle 9/9.

However, it's not as important as Second Strike swapping with MSpits.

11. nihil679

And an Anton epic weapon to add to your Fire Support swap, because that skill damage boost adds to bullet damage for some unholy reason.
    Blazing Bullet build is the only way to go up when grenade build simply has to stop somewhere. "Oh, I have so many epics I can't have 6pc Primitive Strike anymore. Time to go Fire Support swap."

12. PikaStar8

IGN:
    Viqtoria
    Guild:
    Harem+
    If i aim for both sets for switching, would it be best to just aim for a hybrid build then?(IE max grenade and bullets , dump the rest in other skills)
    and dear god, +12 lib. if only lady rng and can just glare at my way XD

13. nihil679

You can't swap Primitive Strike. Every Spitfire is a "hybrid" build because they have so little skills and so many skill points.

If you go Primitive Strike, you max all grenades and all related passives. Anything else you do with your points doesn't matter because they're only there to make you semi-useful while your grenades are on reload cooldown.
    If you go Fire Support (swap), you max Blazing Bullet (because Freezing Bullet is inferior), Aerial Fire, all related passives. You cast Blazing Bullet and Aerial Fire and swap to something more useful. Honestly, the only time you should ever care to do this is if you have a lot of epics post-2nd awakening. The amount of times you will have to recast Blazing Bullet in its current state makes it too difficult to consider Fire Support as a swap piece - the only reason it works post-2nd awakening is because Quart Master extends the time you need to keep swapping.

TL;DR: Get Primitive Strike and only care about Primitive Strike. By the time you actually can care about Fire Support, you should have a far firmer grasp of the game to know when it's appropriate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I have no idea what I'm doing on f spit besides maxing nades. I tried to follow the guide but I have no sp to be able to max flash mines and get the lvl 60 skill. If we have blaze or freeze bullet do we really need silver? Or do you just swap for the dungeons you're doing? Are we supposed to max crossmore since awakening passive says it does mag damage?

15. ArcLight Hiatus

Let me answer some things part by part:

1. The more levels you get, the more SP you will gain exponentially, don't be afraid when you run out of SP in level 60-70's. Around that time, it becomes hard to maintain SP.

What you want to get is these skills in order of importance:
    1. Cartridge Expansion, Grenade Mastery, a mastery of one weapon.
    2. All Grenades maxed. Flash Mines (both).
    3. One Bullet + Buster Shot.
    4. All Cube skills you will use (Neil can be a sacrifice when wanted because he doesn't work in the air)
    - Photon Bomb
    - C4 (either flying or remote)
    5. Magic Crit passive.

Flash Mines and the M-61 Mines are literally one of the best skills in terms of boss-cycling.

Freeze from Freezing Grenade
    Stun by flash mine
    Thaw by G-11 Buster
    Freeze from freezing grenade
    Stun by Flash Mine
    Thaw by G-11
    Freeze from Freezing Grenade
    Plant 3 C-4's.
    Stun by M-61.

You should notice that most of the cycle involves freezing and stunning.

Let me see your skill build. I might be able to tell you what things you should and should not be doing.

2. Blazing Bullets is best for mobbing while leveling. Good use for it is in Special Dungeons because of how much mobs the dungeon throws at you.
    Freezing Bullets is still best in terms of bossing. I suggest using Freezing Bullet more when leveling.

Silver Bullet is great for level 20-60's until you get the TP for bullets. You should never get Silver Bullets after that because there's too much bullets to fire before your CD runs out.

3. Do not max Crossmore. In terms of Crowd Control, your best option is Grenades nontheless.

16. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    This is what I have now at lvl 55.
    http://imgur.com/a/xJHMr
    TP is maxed imbued arsenal and lvl 3 cartridge expansion.

17. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    All the bosses die in like 3 nades anyways. I never used bullets while leveling, other than to proc EMP Storm. Which at that point the boss dies within a second so it doesn't matter at all really.

Worth noting that with a percent focused build after 2nds Crossmore may be worth maxing, I've seen it maxed in multiple videos.

Looks just like mine while leveling. Other than I take AM.

18. ArcLight Hiatus

3 Grenades?... I could list more bosses that actually requires more then 3 grenades when grinding... If you mean they're easy, they're pretty freaking easy modo considering their AI is as transparent as window glass. But some can tank a hit, especially at Ghent/Pacific Express when some bosses start developing freezing or stun resistance. (Cough Alligator or Enzo)

I just do the typical Aerial Fire and EMP Storm to just stun stacking for bossing.

I usually just do EMP Storm, Photon Bomb, Freezing (if freezable), Flashbang, Flashbang, mash X with bullets.

Usually kills bosses by the 2nd flashbang hits in slote.

Despite that, the build is pretty decent.

The only reason why I dislike Crossmore is because it starts falling behind after level 60, despite being decent CC. The only useful application is the knockback and it's wide hit after some point.

Don't be afraid to give up Crossmore levels for 2nd awakening stuff. People take either Buster Shot or Crossmore as preference skills, but I prefer Buster Shot.

Also, if you get tired of the reaper in Slote, maxing C4 Remote Control for the increasing debuff per level makes most bosses ridiculously slow after 3 sticks.

19. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Yeah I was exaggerating a little but your bullet choice really just doesn't matter for bosses while leveling. They die within just a couple seconds - and that's not an exaggeration.

20. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    I don't want to turn this into a big Silver Bullet debacle again, but

You should never get Silver Bullets after that because there's too much bullets to fire before your CD runs out.

No, you don't get it because it's weaker than the other two bullets. Period. I ONLY ever switch for Soldoros (Tower of Despair floor 96), and that's mostly for insurance.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)