Angel of War - A beginners guide to Spitfires

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by ArcLight, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ArcLight Hiatus

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. H-1

Isn't stacking grenade mastery +skill pretty good?

3. ArcLight Hiatus

In terms of damage-output. Yes. Pressure Grenades also (which is awesome) are affected by Grenade Mastery.
    +Skill means Cartridge Expansion, correct?
    Cartridge Expansion and Grenade Mastery go excellent hand-to-hand.
    Especially when Grenade Mastery gives +10% damage per level for each grenade. Problem is getting levels to get an additional grenade. But you should have enough grenades by Freyja's level (considering TP Cartridge Expansion is a thing still)

But throwing 2 grenades also is a huge bonus still.

Considering the fact that you can Photon bomb the everliving crap out of an entire map, though, I think Key to Proving is much better if you're going to try that.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  4. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

the name is freyja not freya

id also reccomend you detail the skill descriptions better. armor-piercing bullet isnt taken for fspits because its actually bad. fspits have a kit that rewards using magical attacks thus leading most fspits to build magic based. armor-piercing bullet does not fit the normal kit for a fspit.

it's not bad at all imo. it's more suited for mspits.

5. ArcLight Hiatus

I kinda noticed also. Was wondering why the artist named it "Freya".
    Maybe he had an Freyja, but named it Freya? I dunno.

6. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    Blazing Bullets doesn't do always 3 hits on everything, it depends on the mobs hitbox (harder to do on smaller mobs than larger ones). The TP upgrade also doesn't add an 4th hit even at max even against something like the Giant Nugol on both ground and air.

7. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

do you mean the explosions don't always hit? seems otherwise.

8. ArcLight Hiatus

It might be dependent on the location of where the explosion first is. Considering the bullet explodes on the first contacted "surface", whether it be an enemy or the ground.

But shouldn't the number of explosions be 3 (with the TP)? I find it strange that Giant Nugol wouldn't be hit by all 4 parts of the bullet (3 Explosions + the bullet). Have you tried firing in different positions also? (AKA Firing down and firing forward)

I might have to look into the hitboxes of the explosions...

Or might be because of misses. I've had cases where there was explosion misses frequently until I got at least some hit rate. But considering your level, I doubt misses are the case.

Edit: 4/16/2015 Also, I'm trying to update the stats, but figures the Wiki stats are inaccurate. I'll post the stats from my own spitfire from DFOG.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  9. ArcLight Hiatus

I've updated the Grenades page. Is this an good way to show information?

Or should I do it differently?

10. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

I notice that you convey the idea that fspit is a 50/50 fixed/pct class. nades, mines, crossmore, and buster shot are all fixed. the only skill that isn't fixed are bullets and photon bomb.

i'd edit the description more to point people towards the most optimized kit being fixed magic damage-based for spit.

11. H-1

Crossmore and flash mine are percent

• List
  12. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

???? oh wow I swore they were pct

13. ArcLight Hiatus

That was the main reason why I said FSpit are a hybrid of fixed/percent.
    Though... considering bullets become an afterthought of explosives.
    Photon Shot and both mines are still pretty important in an Spitfire's arsenal. I kinda consider them a hybrid because of that.
    Despite all of Freyja's 2nd awakening skills are Fixed, which I should have said Freyja is a 25/75 Percent/Fixed class, then...

Besides that, is the revamped descriptions good enough? Or is there other things I could add?

14. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

yes, it's excellent. make sure you stay comprehensive throughout the rest of the guide!

15. ArcLight Hiatus

"You can tell that the piercing damage is just added onto the physical attack. Turn that Physical Piercing into 140%.
    So if you had about 400 Piercing Damage, that's literally 160 extra damage.
    This bonus expands to other gunners. Rangers LOVE this ability. It makes them thrive so much.
    As an Spitfire's duty to other gunners out of respect, max this. It helps you also more then you think."

Maybe I should have clarified that only the bullet, not the "silver bullet" or other parts of the attack does not apply with this...

16. I was referring to the text color.

17. ArcLight Hiatus

Oh... Sorry.

I kinda ran out of colors I wanted to use :v

18. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    That's not what Piercing Strength is. That just means chance for the bullet to pierce through the enemy. Go test it yourself if you don't believe me, Booster Bullet does not increase damage at all. You will notice more of your bullets going through the target, however.

Made a quick video.

• List
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  19. ArcLight Hiatus

I knew Piercing strength ignored defense, but didn't it also act as an value that added towards Physical or Magical strength?
    Is there a difference between Physical Piercing Strength and Piercing Strength?

I'll go test it out when I go grinding my Spitfire today.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)