Ancient Library vs. Elemental Burn

Discussion in 'Summoner' started by Redesignated, May 26, 2015.

1. Angelan

As I mentioned before, each mark's duration decreases the higher you rank it. At max rank it goes down to 16 seconds duration.

2. Redesignated Bwanga is my husbando

IGN:
    See signature!
    I — wait, what? That makes no sense. I read your post and thought it was just a typo, because I don't understand the logic behind that.

3. Angelan

Unfortunately it's no typo. :( I think Neople wanted to increase the effort:reward ratio for this buff.

4. Redesignated Bwanga is my husbando

IGN:
    See signature!
    I have the four basic elemental F. Mage skills bound to easy commands, so keeping it up isn't difficult unless I'm getting mauled by random enemies that escaped The Army, but that's just silly. Would be nice if the TP skill added mark duration or something instead of just +3% INT boost per rank, perhaps.

Edit: whoops made it sound like I wanted the INT boost removed and replaced with a mark duration boost when I was suggesting both in one

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  5. DustDaRapper Dust - Love&Hiphop

IGN:
    DustDaRapper
    Server:
    Cain
    :downs:I don't use nether... ummmmm... should I? I mean can u even maintain EB,Lasher,&Mark all at the same time WITH OUT losing summons due time their life span? And those EB TP skill help?

6. Pyros

You can definitely maintain everything but it's a pain in the ass. Also helps if you have lasher TP, before that it's probably a lot harder. Mark doesn't really have to be "maintained". The bind passive maybe, but mark itself lasts for a stupid amount of time(30seconds?), is pointless to apply to anything but green mobs and bosses and none of them can survive more than 10secs regardless.

I've been toying around with EB and it does boost damage quite noticeably, but it leads to some of my summons dropping the lasher buff more often since I'm not constantly lashing. I would also be out of mana if I ever took longer than 1round of contract summons(granted that's 3+mins and that never happens at higher levels). It's a bit faster than my previous clear speed with AL, not by a whole lot though.

EB TP adds some int, a little of it, it helps mostly because the TP options for summoner are fairly garbage once you have maxed 2 T2s and Lasher. I take 1pt in T1 for one more basic spirit as this seems to not be wasted(more and I'll often be under the cap when Festival isn't up) and the rest is basically pointless stuff, Sandor upgrade is pretty meh, Echeveria and Louise are unreliable so fairly pointless, so might as well get EB, boosts every summon by a bit. Atm it's +90int for 5TP, which isn't great but eh. Super low priority but once you get to 70+ you'll have some points to waste.

7. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    I'm probably the only person who preference was Burn+AL over lasher. I guess i'm more usede to burn than most since I played both witch adn ele with it for so long but it's still easy to manage on a summoner.

Your main t1 summon lights a mark mine was ador so i used him to spam fire makrs. Water marks come from hell flower so that's good ot take too which leaves two skills to manual. you can easily put florae circle to up + z and pluto to down + z and you have your easy burn rotation. AL also instantly lights up a light mark so remember to always cast burn first then AL.

Really i never used lasher leveling my summoner. I just used follow me mass teleport while that was a thing and used showtime to make sure it wasn't interrupted and watched all bosses melt. I guess I felt Zealous with follow me made them fast enough alone.

8. Redesignated Bwanga is my husbando

IGN:
    See signature!
    I've been messing around with Elemental Burn a bit, and it's not that bad to maintain, especially given my gammut of summons activate all four marks (Ador + Naias + Sandor + Echeverria alone are all four elements; Hodor, Freet, and Louise reactivate marks after). The lack of of a mana recovery burst every few minutes sucks, but I have a little over 2000 mana recovery per minute anyways, so I haven't actually been running dry yet, even with soloing ultimate-difficulty dungeons. I just spam the basic elemental skills every ten seconds or so in rooms that are taking longer, and things go fine.

You definitely should have at least one. Ancient Library alone will give several hundred INT, with Elemental Burn offering a big chunk more for the added hassle.
    You can also absolutely maintain the Elemental Burn marks, Mark the Target, Lasher, and summons. Mark the Target lasts 30 seconds; anything you use it on in regular dungeons should be dead long before that point. Lasher gets longer (and more effective) with its TP skill, and as @Pyros said, Summoners are kinda limited on decent TP skill selection. Only T1 and T3 spirit summons and Kasijas have appreciably short durations, and maintaining Elemental Burn during combat takes about three seconds max, even without Magic Festival active.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Angelan

Lasher is a far bigger boost to your summons than Ancient Library. Lasher at max rank at 80 is +474 INT, along with 63% attack speed boost, on top of other bonuses. Add the EX passive into it and it's even higher. Lasher is the 2nd biggest boost you can give your summons INT wise. If you factor in the other bonuses you get from Lasher, it's THE biggest boost a Summoner has. Not using Lasher is pretty much nerfing yourself.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Burn Burn x 1
    • List
  10. Virsh Casual

Mandor's consistently near the top in my damage table.
    I have both buffs and the only summons I'm missing out on are Hodor, Freet, and Aukuso.

11. Pyros

Well you're missing out on something, it's just a matter of what. I guess mark? Festival maybe? Don't need to max Festival but having 9points gives 100%uptime on Zeal(at max rank, you need a bit more festival before that).

12. Virsh Casual

Nothing in festival, because another few of seconds of zealous isn't worth 225 points.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Angelan

Sandor does rank high. I just consider him the most replaceable because heading into the future, he'd be the first one I drop to free up points. Dropping spirits is a bad idea if you're using Echeverria and he becomes stronger later. That naturally only leaves Sandor or Louise, and I'd rather drop Sandor.

14. DustDaRapper Dust - Love&Hiphop

IGN:
    DustDaRapper
    Server:
    Cain
    TY sooo much! I now have implemented EM(Elemental Burn)'Max' & AL(Ancient Library)'Max' at the cost of freet and hondar and I can honeslty day I am GOD-LIKE now!!! Tru ish. Glory to you wise and noble one :D Hit me if any other tweeks I should consider with my build? I'd be glad to post a screen shot ^_^

15. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    what are you using those 225 points for that is better than 10 seconds(100% uptime of zealous creature)?

16. DustDaRapper Dust - Love&Hiphop

IGN:
    DustDaRapper
    Server:
    Cain
    I would assume maybe summons... :D I only have 1 point on Zealous. and don't miss the extra being that I forget to buff most of the time anyway :doh:

17. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Maxing zealous creature seems to be a no brainer. The stat boost is too good but that's beside the point.

18. DustDaRapper Dust - Love&Hiphop

IGN:
    DustDaRapper
    Server:
    Cain
    Then... what is the point?? :confused:

19. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    the point of the discussion at hand of the ele burn vs AL.
    I have both at 80 and 9 festival with max zealous. It' s pretty nice

20. Virsh Casual

Right now, there's lots I prefer over it. I don't know if you only got 1 ordinary spirit, and/or one sandor, and/or no sticky mark.
    Any build's fine as long as it's melting faces on ultimate though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Burn Burn x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)