AGDQ 2017

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Tsurugi, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
  2. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    It's not the same without a wacky bonesaw run. But I do like the out no nowhere Undertale as the final game. Overall looks like a solid year of runs though.

3. Orbus

I really don't think of undertale as a speed run game, but I was surprised at the ways they sped it up.
    To think the joke item turned out to be the most game breaking and best speed running tool in the game.

I had forgotten how much I liked the music.

4. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
  5. ArcLight Hiatus

There was some pretty bad moments:

The absolute worst:

- "Cosmo Hop" is somehow trans-phobal when it's nothing to do with trans at all.
    - That one couch guy telling other people to kill themselves in Super Metroid. (Poor Ivan)

A bit better but pretty bad:

- The entire Cornerstone: The song of Tyrim run. Constant "this is the easiest trick", then immediately failing.
    - The Entire Mighty Number 9 run, the devil fight...

Somewhat cringy:
    -Dark Souls 3. I just felt bad for the guy.
    Somehow getting an unlucky crash means you are bad because you didn't have a back-up save.

The only good thing was probably tuesday block (notably Doom), the Lost Levels, the Awful Games block and reaching 2.2 mil.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  6. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
    I didn't watch most of AGDQ. Only focused on the Castlevania block. The lineup this year was meh imo. That SM run is kinda like: "I would really prefer if you'd be quiet". If you care here's the reason why he responded that way.

As for the Cosmo Hop never heard of it. At this point people within the community are just looking for ways to shoot down Cosmo Wright. It's a shame. He seemed like chill dude until his "change".

Just found this DS3 run clip: Please don't crash...

7. RocForum Bird of Prey

Missed raid for undertale, watched with some friends and goofed in skype group. Was expecting more boss fights. But it was entertaining as we reacted to the nonsense teleporting, skipping, and fond memories.

That darksouls was hard to watch. Was not lit fam.

8. ArcLight Hiatus

Cosmo Hop is a out-of-bounds tech in the tower in Wind Waker that Cosmo invented during his runs. It was probably one of his most signature contributions to the speedrun.

The problem is some people literally going out of their way (without Cosmo/Narcissa/whatever even making a statement) and yelling at AGDQ to make a public apology for Linkus7 saying "Oooh, I got the Cosmo Hop" (That, and some are demanding AGDQ to ban him and make a statement on transphobia, but that's an extreme group that got curbstomped with a banhammer 5 minutes in)

As much as his/her change was freaking tragic, it doesn't mean they should literally push their agenda's on a bloody Charity organization that raised 2.2 million dollars. At this point, some comments are becoming "Fuck cancer, I need my gender equality" tier.

9. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Add "No fun allowed" to that, and you've pretty much described AGDQ in its last few years.

10. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I was satisfied overall and impressed they raise 2m+

11. ArcLight Hiatus

Fixed. I honestly think the last day runs aren't really that hyped as people make it. (Undertale was a good-spirited run, though).

I honestly prefer the early blocks more. This year's early blocks were great, which is a huge improvement over that one Crash Bandicoot 2 "What's going on" stream. Then again, the only blocks I've actually completely watched through constantly were Awful Games blocks. Because Team Poor Life Choices is the funniest shit out there.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)